z

Young Writers Society

Just joined! (:

5 Reviews

Reviews: 5
Sun Apr 05, 2009 9:46 pm
Joy Sauce says...

Hi everyone,
I don't really go by anything except Joy Sauce. Yeah, weird name, I know... But soy sauce brings joy. I suppose. :mrgreen: So anyway, I'm from Florida. I usually write in my free time. It's more stories and not often poetry, but I plan on evening the two out more. So yeah, I'm looking forward to spending time at YWS; I looked around before I signed up and I liked it already, hehe.

Well, I don't have much more to say, so bye for now! :smt039

Joy Sauce

1272 Reviews

Reviews: 1272
Sun Apr 05, 2009 10:17 pm
Rosendorn says...

Hiya and welcome!

Here on YWS, we have three main rules:

1- Review two works before posting any of your own. A "review" being at least three lines long. This helps spread reviews around and people are totally willing to return the favour. ;) It's asked you always keep that 2:1 ratio.

2- Chat-speak isn't well liked here. Some term abbreviations like lol, brb, POV, MC, ect are okay, just don't overdo it. Use "great" instead of "gr8", that sort of thing.

3- Rated works are what we like to see! If you rate your work, and it's not rated R, it'll show up on the front page of YWS. You might even get more comments. ^_^ Rated R works have the f-word and/or graphic scenes.

Doing an imbalance is okay. I write both (I also critique both, but I shall let others cover colours), and I'll switch from doing poetry to prose and back. All depends on my mood.

What kind of stories do you write?

If you have any questions, feel free to PM me!

~Rosey
A writer is a world trapped in a person— Victor Hugo

Ink is blood. Paper is bandages. The wounded press books to their heart to know they're not alone.

89 Reviews

Reviews: 89
Sun Apr 05, 2009 10:21 pm
mimimac says...

Hey Joy sauce!
I'm Mia (or mimi, mii... don't think there's anything else :P)

Haha cool name, soy sauce does not bring me as much joy as it does you, but yeah it is good.

Okay so here are one or two rules:

No chat speak please. :)

New members are asked to review two things before posting anything of their own. After this, the 2:1 ratio is asked to be kept.

Stories and poem should be rated according to their contents (bad language, mature content etc.)

Well, that's all I can say really, the rest I'll leave up to a greeter. :P I bet Rosey gets to you within the next five minutes. :lol:

So what's your favourite book/film/type of music?
xxmimixx
-mors aut honorabilis vita-

Forget the prince with a horse, I want a vampire with a volvo.

89 Reviews

Reviews: 89
Sun Apr 05, 2009 10:23 pm
mimimac says...

Haha, Rosey got to you while I was greeting you -.-
I'll beat you someday Rose ;)

xxmimixx
-mors aut honorabilis vita-

Forget the prince with a horse, I want a vampire with a volvo.

196 Reviews

Reviews: 196
Sun Apr 05, 2009 10:45 pm
peanutgallery007 says...

hey! I'm peanut! I always write poetry... Its a habit. I am really into photography though apperently all my pics are too big to download to YWS... :( Anyway... Welcome to YWS! :) I hope you like it here as much as I do!

5 Reviews

Reviews: 5
Sun Apr 05, 2009 10:56 pm
Joy Sauce says...

Okay, thanks guys! I appreciate the welcome. ^.^

The kinds of stories I write change every so often... Sometimes I mix genres, but I've written mystery, adventure and romance, but I might switch to another in the near future. I know it's a bit awkward because authors do usually stick to one thing...

And my favorite book/film/type of music: It's hard for me to choose a favorite book, so I'll just say that I'm in the middle of Inkheart by Cornelia Funke right now. I also don't touch television much. I actually haven't seen very many movies. For music, I listen to rock mostly. Linkin Park and The Fray are two of my favorites. (:

Joy Sauce

hmmm. you know, the quote generator deserves some garlic bread
— SilverNight