z

Young Writers Society

I'm new.

54 Reviews

Reviews: 54
Sun Apr 05, 2009 3:57 am
WhiteTiger93 says...

Hey,
Well I guess i should start with introductions. My name is Nicole. I live in the southern United States and yes, I have a southern accent. If I say...or type, to be completely correct, something you don't understand, feel free to ask me. After all I am new and lonely. I am extremely shy, but eventually open up. My life is pretty simple. It revolves around swimming, writing, Greek mythology, freinds, family, and most importantly reading. My favorite author is Marianne Curley. I would recommend her Guardians of Time trilogy to anyone. It's simply amazing. Nothing else. Writing is something I am very passionate about. For me to have fans beyond my freinds and family would be fantastic. My parents don't really support me though. They tell me that I'm good, but I need to find a REAL job. It's not really a good thing to hear, but it's not going to stop me. I love writing more than anything else. I have two books that I'm working on at the moment. I have school and sometimes it's hard to find time to write with everything else going on in my life, but writing is like my stress manager. I need to write. I think it prevents me from going gray at 16. Well, that's pretty much my life story. I can't wait to hear from everyone.

~Nicole

104 Reviews

Reviews: 104
Sun Apr 05, 2009 4:44 am
Storm_Bringer says...

Hey! Welcome to YWS!!!!! It will be an awesome place to share your writing. :)There are a few things...

It's awesome! If you have any questions or anything just PM (private message) me. I'd be happy to help! Okay so a few major rules.

1) For every story post you must do two reviews. It shows on your review count, below your name.
2) No chatspeak.
3) No swearing. You can do it in stories as long as you rate it. Don't do it on posts though.

Well here in YWS we have color coded names. Black for regular people (like me ),

Blue: Greeters. They basically hover around the Welcome forum and say hi and explain rules to everyone new.

Purples: Instructors. They give some of the bestest critiques, very good. Tell you what to work on, how to make it better, etc.

The Greens are Moderaters and Junior Moderaters (light greens). They help by switching stories from the wrong forums to the right one, and other stuffs.

Reds: Administrators. They help run the site.

Orange: Distinguished members. They are retired moderaters.

That's pretty much it. Welcome to YWS. Hope you have a great time. PM me if you need anything or just want to chat. :)
Okay...See ya around.
~Storm
"You know when you're in love when you can't fall asleep because reality is finally better than your dreams."
~~~
Need a review?
One Stormy Review Coming Right Up!

196 Reviews

Reviews: 196
Sun Apr 05, 2009 4:58 am
peanutgallery007 says...

Hey! Nice to "meet" you... (over the internet, it shouldn't really be called 'meeting' someone since you are actually not meeting someone)... sorry for blabbering, it's what I do. ;)
Anywho, you have a southern accent? Cool! I probably have an accent to others, but I don't know what I sound like... oh well! :)

I hope I will get to see some of your writing here soon! PM me if you need a review, have any questions, or just want someone to talk to! :)

I'm sure you will find everyone here at YWS friendly, and anyone you PM will be glad to help you, or talk.

Storm_Bringer and I are here too though!

[spoiler]Try not to leave posts using CAPS LOCK... it is against the rules.[/spoiler]

I would check out the Groups up at the top... I would recommend Debate, Character Development, and The Novelitsts. I would also check out the Art and Photography section... some people are amazing artists/ photographers! :D

Well, I guess I will stop blathering on and on... but one more thing;
Do you write poetry :?:
Have a peanut =)

Try your hand at my poetry contest!

Proud LGBT supporter.

54 Reviews

Sun Apr 05, 2009 4:58 am
WhiteTiger93 says...

Thanks. I'm trying to figure everything out and that really helps. I never really use 'chat talk' so no worries there but my grammar is horrid. I make grammatical errors all the time and i just can't seem to help it. I'm enjoying it here. It's so creative and...open. Thank you again, for all the information. I'll be sure to ask you if I have any questions.

~Nicole

54 Reviews

Sun Apr 05, 2009 5:21 am
WhiteTiger93 says...

I'm sorry, I forgot to answer you're question. Yes I do write poetry. I'll put one of them up if you'd like, but beware. I am not very good.

122 Reviews

Reviews: 122
Sun Apr 05, 2009 11:57 am
WaterVyper says...

Hey Nicole! You write poetry? That's great. I can't really seem to grasp it. I've abandoned NaPoWriMo in favor of Script Frenzy. Well, can you tell us more about yourself? Your hobbies, dreams for the future, likes and dislikes? Anything else you want to add?

Well, you can PM me for anything you need. I hope to see you around sometime. See ya Nicole!
There once was a cat.
He wasn’t particularly fat.
Fuzzy was his favorite mat.
And really, that was that.

Oh, but did you really think so?
Keep reading, it’s just the start of the show!
And as for how far this tale will go…
Well, even the cat doesn’t know.

1272 Reviews

Reviews: 1272
Sun Apr 05, 2009 7:51 pm
View Likes
Rosendorn says...

Hiya and welcome!

To expand on the last two rules:

Some abbreviations like lol, brb, POV, MC and other term abbreviations are fine, just don't overdo it.

If you rate your work, and it's not rated R, it'll show up on the front page of YWS. Rated R works have the f-word and/or graphic scenes.

I review poetry! See the purple name? If you want a good critique, just ask me! (I am also blue, hence me posting here)

I love your username. White tigers are my favourite real-life animal. Mythological animals top them, though. xD

Which brings me to mythology! We have a mythology usergroup on YWS. Just click the big Groups button in the header, and the group itself is called Mythology Maniacs. Poke around that list of groups to see if there are anymore you'd be interested in. ^_^

Also, since I am also a blue along with a purple, you can ask me for anything. Just PM me!

~Rosey
A writer is a world trapped in a person— Victor Hugo

Ink is blood. Paper is bandages. The wounded press books to their heart to know they're not alone.

54 Reviews

Sun Apr 05, 2009 8:35 pm
WhiteTiger93 says...

Thanks! I'll definitely look into those groups. Thank you, again, for all the information. I'm really enjoying it here.

Oh and I have posted one poem (I admit it's not my best but it's very special to me. I wrote it a couple years ago)

I have also posted the prologue to one of my story ideas. I would love to hear your comments!

~Nicole

He knew that elbow.
— soundofmind