z

Young Writers Society

I'm new! Obviously.

Reviews: 0
Sat Apr 04, 2009 8:52 pm
rfitts999 says...

Hi, my name is Rachel! And I'm new, yay! I am 13 and I've been writing for 2 years. I'm peanut19's cousin and I like to meet new people. My favorite things to write are Realistic Fiction and like to occasionally write scripts.
~rfitts999

1272 Reviews

Reviews: 1272
Sat Apr 04, 2009 9:07 pm
Rosendorn says...

Hiya! I'm sure Peanut's told you about the rules, but since I still remember my blue coat under this purple, figure I'll tell you them again. ^_^

1- Review two works before posting any of your own. This helps spread reviews around, plus people are very willing to return the favour. ^_^ It's asked you always keep that 2:1 ratio.

2- Chat-speak is a no-no. Some term abbreviations like lol, brb, POV and MC (among others) are fine, just don't overdo it.

3- Please rate your works! Rated works, unless rated R, show up on the front page of YWS. You might even get more comments. ;) Rated R works have the f-word and/or graphic scenes.

Realistic fiction, huh? I dabble in that genre. Most of the stuff I write is fantasy, or poetry. Both have such fantastical options to them, that I just love writing in those genres.

What do you like to read?

If you have any questions, PM me.

~Rosey
A writer is a world trapped in a person— Victor Hugo

Ink is blood. Paper is bandages. The wounded press books to their heart to know they're not alone.

Reviews: 0
Sat Apr 04, 2009 9:33 pm
rfitts999 says...

Have you read the Twilight. Well I'm on the third one. I also like to read books by Margret Haddix.
I love her book Double Identity and I'm about to start Palace of Mirrors.What kind of books do you like to read?
~Rfitts999~

1272 Reviews

Reviews: 1272
Sat Apr 04, 2009 9:49 pm
Rosendorn says...

Fantasy, but not Twilight. I tend to avoid that book. Pure-romance plots are not my thing, nor are good-guy vampires.

If I'm reading, it's usually Tamora Pierce or one of the other random fantasies I've picked up. Although recently I have wanted to read The Book Thief along with Black and White. The Book Thief is about a girl who steals books in Nazi Germany, while Black and White is about a white guy and a black girl hanging out in New York.
Last edited by Rosendorn on Sat Apr 04, 2009 10:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
A writer is a world trapped in a person— Victor Hugo

Ink is blood. Paper is bandages. The wounded press books to their heart to know they're not alone.

201 Reviews

Reviews: 201
Sat Apr 04, 2009 9:52 pm
peanut19 says...

I've read The Book Thief! It's very interesting because Death is the narrator. I'll have to make her read it.
~peanut~
There is a light in you, a Vision in the making with sorrow enough to extinguish the stars. I can help you.
~And The Light Fades

The people down here are our zombies, who should be dead or not exist but do.
~Away From What We Started

P.S Got YWS?

228 Reviews

Reviews: 228
Sat Apr 04, 2009 10:02 pm
Linx says...

Of course Rosey has already attacked you. :P

But anyway, hi again! Here is another tip>>

Whenever you need help around the site, here are the people you need to look for.

Red People >> These are the admins. The ones who run the site. Firestarter and Mesh are the two junior admins. Nate is the overall admin and the one who created the site.

Green People >> These are the mods. If you have a problem with the site or you need some help, the mods are the people to ask. They help keep the site up and running too.

Blue People >> These are the greeters. They, you guessed it, greet. I'm surprised a lot of greeters haven't already came and attacked you. They help the new members whenever they join.

Purple People >> These are the instructors. If you need help on something you have written, or you want a really awesome review for something, the instructors are the place to go. They are the best reviewers on the site.

And of course, I'm always open for any PMs as well. :D

*Cat
"A journey of a thousand miles must begin with a single step." ~ Lao-tzu

Attack, IM, or PM me at any time. I will respond. ;)

146 Reviews

Reviews: 146
Sat Apr 04, 2009 11:25 pm
SeleneForeverDream says...

Heya Rfitts, welcome to YWS! I have come to attack you, like Cat said. :razz:

Since Rosey has already beaten me to the rules, I shall tell you about the groups we have here. On YWS we have groups of every kind, from writing improvement groups, like Character Development to fan groups like Alice Cullen Knows Your Next Move (which is a Twilight fan group, so I'm sure you'd love it ;)).

If you have any questions, would like a review, or would just like to chat, feel free to PM me.
Got YWS?

You judge others upon their actions, but you judge yourself by your intention.

356 Reviews

Reviews: 356
Thu Apr 09, 2009 11:26 pm
*writewatiwant* says...

Heya Rfitts! I come a bit late. Is it ever late to welcome someone? I think not.
So, I'm Kat, nice to meet you. Oh my, a Twilight fan! Quick question: loved or hated the movie?
You should really check the group 'Alice Cullen Knows Your Next Move', which is a cool group. So you're only on Eclipse, then? Some hate, others don't, Breaking Dawn. I guess you'll know when you get there.
A small advise, when you get reviews that are a bit harsh, don't take them too personally. I did, at the beginning, and it was a wrong move.
I also advise you to go to the Resources (click on the the big button at the top of the page that says 'Resources') and check out the cool articles. There are about grammar and punctuation and many other things. They will help you.
Anyway, see you around!
PM me if you need anything!
*Kat*
Piglet: How do you spell love?
Pooh: You don't spell it. You feel it.

The Buddy System Check us out!

i love me some swole chickens
— yosh