z

Young Writers Society

hello, i'm a newbie

Random avatar

Reviews: 0
Fri Apr 03, 2009 3:45 pm
ktri08 says...

Hello, I'm Tri. I'm in love with literature. I've been writing since I was eight, I am now sixteen. I've recently completed a novel and am working on getting it published. I write poetry a lot too. When I'm not writing I'm listening to music, staying with friends or playing sport. I'm addicted to sport, especially football, ironically because I'm a girl. I write honestly combing elements both dark and light, for example my recent book is about a teenage artist struggling with depressive illness but primarily I write about hope and truthfulness in today's society. :D :D

1125 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1125
Fri Apr 03, 2009 4:13 pm
StellaThomas says...

Hi Tri! I'm Stella, and it is my honour to say welcome to YWS!

So you like literature, eh? You're in the right place! What are your favourite books, authors etc.? Oh, and where are you from?

Finished your novel, eh? That's pretty cool... wish I had finished mine... BTW, when you say football do you mean soccer or American football? If American football, I can totally relate, I'm obsessed with rugby, unfortunately, our school won't start a girl's team...

Okay, just a run through of the rules:

-We like proper grammar and spelling whenever possible, and absolutely despise chat speak. Don't do it.

-Try to avoid CAPS as well...

-YWS has a 2:1 review:work policy. This means for every one piece of work you post, you should have given at least two reviews. It's only fair!

You've probably noticed that my name is purple, that means I'm an Instructor and I help people improve their writing. Those with blue names help newbies like yourself (also the YWS mentors, who I think I'm part of, will get you a buddy and look after you, have a look under Groups or ask Kitty15...), light green is Junior Mods, who have power in a specific part of the forum, dark green are mods, who look after everything and keep us in line and red is Administrators, who make everything run smoothly. Nate is the Lord of YWS. Oh, and those with orange names are people who were mods, and then stopped for an honourable reason...

So yeah... I hope to see you around!

-Stella.
"Stella. You were in my dream the other night. And everyone called you Princess." -Lauren2010

47 Reviews

Reviews: 47
Fri Apr 03, 2009 6:51 pm
Shauni says...

Heya! What's up, my recent new friend?
Felling good in our ginormous family? :P
Applause to Stella for explain everything but I shall give you my comment as well, right?
About that book you are trying to publish: Congrats only for finishing it. I can't even write something proper until the end...
I hope you can publish it but it would be very nice if you posted some chapters here too so that we can get interested, hum! :D
I like sort but I hate soccer/football. I'm not very talented with sports, not at all. :oops:

What kind of music d you prefer?
Who's your favorite music performer? :smt035

If you have a question, need something or just wanna chat, feel free to PM me anytime! (:

Have a nice day!

Best wishes

~Shauni

28 Reviews

Reviews: 28
Fri Apr 03, 2009 8:35 pm
Chloe(: says...

Another writer since eight. Guess since when I've been writing.
:elephant:
I'm Vivi.
Formerly known as Vivacious.

Full of Cliches:a challenge to see who can write a piece with the most cliches.

1272 Reviews

Reviews: 1272
Fri Apr 03, 2009 9:37 pm
Rosendorn says...

Hiya and welcome!

Just a little rule Stella missed: Please rate your works! Rated works, unless rated R, show up on the front page of YWS. You might even get more comments. ^_^ Rated R works have the f-word and/or graphic scenes.

Light and dark is what I go for too. Usually darker stuff though. It's just more rich psychologically.

What genres do you write?

If you have any questions, feel free to PM me. (I'm both blue and purple, so you can ask me anything. :))

~Rosey
A writer is a world trapped in a person— Victor Hugo

Ink is blood. Paper is bandages. The wounded press books to their heart to know they're not alone.

122 Reviews

Reviews: 122
Sat Apr 04, 2009 12:47 am
WaterVyper says...

Hiysa! Welcome to YWS!

It's great to meet you! Now that the rules are done, I can go on with explaining the colors. By now, I'm sure you noticed that some of us have differently colored usernames. That means we have different jobs around the forums.

Blue: We are Greeters. Our main job is to greet you and help you get acquainted with the forums.

Purple: They are Instructors. Their job is to really, really help you improve your writing. They're the ones you go to for any in-depth critiques.

Light/Dark Green: Junior and regular Moderators respectively. They make sure everything's going just fine.

Red: Administrators. They keep the site up and running.

Orange: Distinguished Members of the site, meaning that they are retired mods and/or admins.

So, that's it for the people on YWS. If you have any questions, feel free to PM me. Anything else you need, you can PM me for that too. I hope to see you around sometime. See ya!
There once was a cat.
He wasn’t particularly fat.
Fuzzy was his favorite mat.
And really, that was that.

Oh, but did you really think so?
Keep reading, it’s just the start of the show!
And as for how far this tale will go…
Well, even the cat doesn’t know.

196 Reviews

Reviews: 196
Sat Apr 04, 2009 1:00 am
peanutgallery007 says...

Hello! I'm Peanut... you can PM me if you need anything, since, it looks like a whole bunch of people got here before me! Bye! :)
Have a peanut =)

Try your hand at my poetry contest!

Proud LGBT supporter.

37 Reviews

Reviews: 37
Sat Apr 04, 2009 5:05 pm
Winter's Twelfth Night says...

Hi there, Tri! I'm Winter! Welcome to YWS!

That's awesome that you've finished a novel! You must have a lot of patience :D. I wish you the best of luck with publishing it! What is the title of your novel? What genre is it?

So, you're a poet? I love reading poetry, but I not very good at writing it. Sonnets are my favorite!

What are some of your favorite books/genres? Personally, I like historical fiction best.

If you have any questions, feel free to PM me!
-Winter
Mamillius: Merry or sad shall’t be?
Hermione: As merry as you will.
Mamillius: A sad tale’s best for winter. I have one
Of sprites and goblins.

The Winter's Tale

My tongue must tell the anger of my heart, or else my heart, concealing it, will break...
— Katherine, The Taming of the Shrew