z

Young Writers Society

hello

Random avatar

Reviews: 0
Thu Apr 02, 2009 10:27 pm
Kikkara says...

Hi,
my name is Kikkara (it comes from my real name: Chiara). I'm Italian so I apologize me for my English, not perfect of course. I love writing and reading. I usually write something when I'm stressed, happy, sad, angry...usually when I'm angry.
I really like travelling and metting people too.

Thanks

488 Reviews

Reviews: 488
Thu Apr 02, 2009 10:37 pm
Meshugenah says...

Hi! Welcome to YWS! And your English is fine so far, so don't worry too much!

What do you write? Stores? Poetry? Where have you traveled? Last year I got to go to Italy, and I've been itching to go back and explore more ever since (same goes for New York, but that's a bit more feasible for me, being in the States).

Anyhoo, just PM me if you have any questions, I'm happy to help! Hope you enjoy the site!

Mesh
***Under the Responsibility of S.P.E.W.***
(Sadistic Perplexion of Everyone's Wits)

Medieval Lit! Come here to find out who Chaucer plagiarized and translated - and why and how it worked in the late 1300s.

I <3 Rydia

8 Reviews

Reviews: 8
Thu Apr 02, 2009 10:57 pm
How2EataRhesus says...

Hey Kikkara (Would you prefer that or Chiara?), I'm Rhee. Welcome to the forum :]
Here are some of our rules:
1. YWS has a 2:1 policy for posting works. What that means is in order to post a piece of writing, you have to post at least two reviews for other people's writing.
2. We don't like chatspeak. You have great grammar, though, so this rule probably won't be a problem for you. :]
3. Have fun!
Don't worry; we have a lot of writers who know English as a second language. It's surprising how much English you know - I can barely get past the alphabet in French. :]
Anyway, just send me a PM (the second button at the bottom of this post) if you have any questions!
'Nobody has ever measured, not even poets, how much the heart can hold.' - Zelda Sayre Fitzgerald

356 Reviews

Reviews: 356
Thu Apr 02, 2009 11:22 pm
*writewatiwant* says...

Welcome to YWS, Kikkara! I'm Kat. Nice to meet you ^^
Oh, don't worry about your English. We can see that are some mistakes and some verbs missing, but YWSers will help you with that. I'm Portuguese, so my English isn't that good, too. :wink:
Oh, Italy! I'm going there. More specifically to Rome and Florenza (I don't know if that's how it's spelled, because I only know it in Portuguese).

So, as I'd like to be helpful, I will explain something to you. If you have looked around, you may have noticed that some people have their names colored. that's because they have jobs.
Blue - Greeters. They welcome the newbies.

Purple - Instructors. they answer your questions and give the most constructive reviews.

Light and dark green - They are Junior Moderators and Moderators. Their job is to overview the greeters and Instructors job and to direct civil discussions, and such.

Red - Administrators. They keep the site running smoothly.

Orange - Basically retired Administrators and Mods.

Tell us more about yourself! What are your favorites? Food/movie/band/music, etc?

PM me if you need anything!
*Kat*
Piglet: How do you spell love?
Pooh: You don't spell it. You feel it.

The Buddy System Check us out!

135 Reviews

Reviews: 135
Fri Apr 03, 2009 1:06 am
ballerina13 says...

Hello! I can see that most people have to you of the rules. So, what types of books do you read? Do you have any favorite authors? Do not worry about your English, it is fine so far. Italy, uh? I wish I could go to Italy.. Where have you traveled? If you need any help or have any questions, you can PM me anytime.
From,
~Ballerina

Random avatar

Reviews: 0
Wed Apr 08, 2009 10:35 am
Kikkara says...

Thanks a lot. I didn't expect this welcome. I’m sorry for the delay, but these days were very busy. On Sunday I had a performance. I study contemporary dance and hip hop. It was great. During the night I got up because I felt the earthquake. I live in the Marche, in the centre of Italy, on the Adriatic sea, not far from Abruzzo. Luckily here it didn’t happen nothing, but in Abruzzo it was terrible, many houses fell and many persons remained under the debris.
Anyway I try to answer to your questions.
I write poetries, short stories and articles for the school paper. They're very different from each other so I can't tell you something more. I really like fantasy genre, but nowadays it's started the fantasy mania and there are a lot of fantasy books really awful. I love The Lord of the Rings. I really like Harry Potter too. I think they are fantastic because they involve you in the story (I don’t know how explain it in English).
I don’t have a favorite author, I like Tolkien of course, Walter Scott, Petrarca and many others. From a few months I have started to read manga. They are really funny and sometimes realistic. My favorite manga is Nana.

Ok, second question. I have traveled around Italy, I visited Rome, Florence, Pisa, Milan, Venice, Naples and many others. I went to Great Britain some years ago, I love Scotland, it’s beautiful. Last year I went to Ireland with the school. Some families put up us for a week. It was exciting. I have visited Vienna with my parents. I ate a lot of sacher torte.

I would like to know more about all of you. Tell me about what you write and what you like and where you live.
From
Chiara

1272 Reviews

Reviews: 1272
Thu Apr 09, 2009 12:53 am
Rosendorn says...

Hiya and welcome!

One rule that I haven't seen is rating your works. Rated works, unless rated R, show up on the front age of YWS. You might even get more comments. ;) Rated R works have the f-word and/or graphic scenes.

I'm a Canadian, but you only see me use "eh" sometimes. Being in a mostly U.S. based place seems to have cured me of that habit. But it still show up sometimes.

Fantasy is my genre. I just love weaving magic into my stories. Just about anything done by me has some sort of magic in it. ^_^ Now ask me to write something without magic, and you are asking something that would take some thought.

Glad nothing happened when the earthquake hit. I've seen that thing on the news. It's just horrible.

If you have any questions, PM me.

~Rosey
A writer is a world trapped in a person— Victor Hugo

Ink is blood. Paper is bandages. The wounded press books to their heart to know they're not alone.

488 Reviews

Reviews: 488
Thu Apr 09, 2009 5:01 am
Meshugenah says...

Eep! I'm glad you're ok! I was in the Marche region last year for a school music tour, but we have no way to contact our hosts there to make sure they're ok ><

You write poetry! What kind? Structured verse? Free verse? Do you write in English and Italian? That sounds like a silly question, even as I type it! xD But

I think where I live is boring, though I do (mostly) love it! I'm just west coast of the US. Similar to where you are, just a bit warmer.

Anyhoo! I'd love to talk to you more about Italy, if you want! Which sounds a bit creepy, actually, bu I completely fell in love with the Marche, it was so gorgeous! As for me, I'm mostly a poet and I run Squills here, play clarinet... what else? Feel free to just PM me if you want to chat! I love talking (maybe too much?) to people!

See you around the site!

Mesh
***Under the Responsibility of S.P.E.W.***
(Sadistic Perplexion of Everyone's Wits)

Medieval Lit! Come here to find out who Chaucer plagiarized and translated - and why and how it worked in the late 1300s.

I <3 Rydia

GET ON IT PEEPS
— Nate