z

Young Writers Society

Greetings

Random avatar

Reviews: 17
Tue Sep 13, 2005 10:08 pm
Silverstar says...

Well. First off, this is a very nicely done place. Shiny and pretty and nice. Yup.

Secondly, I am the strange and interesting fantasy writer known as Silverstar. Also answers to Silver or Star. Such an original name, I know. :roll: I am currently 15, and completely obsessed with writing. I also homeschool, ride horses, and draw. Some.

Oh, and am a member of the Redwall Online Community. (Redwall, as in the books written by Brian Jacques. Ring a bell? *sigh* Thought not.)

Well, now off to the Fantasy forum to lurk and read and perhaps even review. If I read it correctly two reviews before posting something of our own, right?

Edit: And somehow I failed to mention my complete obsession with the works of JRR Tolkien. Yes, the Silmarillion is one of the greatest books ever written.

1259 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1259
Tue Sep 13, 2005 10:15 pm
Firestarter says...

I love the Redwall books. My favourite childhood memories. I read them again now and then. Fond memories.

Welcome to the site anyway!
Nate wrote:And if YWS ever does become a company, Jack will be the President of European Operations. In fact, I'm just going to call him that anyways.

798 Reviews

Reviews: 798
Tue Sep 13, 2005 10:27 pm
Areida says...

Ooh, I really like the Redwall series. I have about a million and a half of those books. Good times.

I'm Areida. Welcome to the YWS! :D
Got YWS?

"Most of us have far more courage than we ever dreamed we possessed."
- Dale Carnegie

64 Reviews

Reviews: 64
Tue Sep 13, 2005 11:25 pm
Elocina says...

I will never get used to how Fire writes certain words. "realise" "civilise" "civilisation". Not only Fire, but the rest of the world. WHAT ON EARTH IS WRONG WITH MY COUNTRY?????!!! It's messing with my mind!!! AAAKKK.
oh, wait. Off-subject. Sorry.

I read a couple Redwall books (The Outcast of Redwall's my favorite. "Favourite" AAAKKK!!!...lookit my eye twitchin'!). Just one note on critiquing: Spelling. It ain't the same even if you speak the same language (which is dumb).

Be looking around for u, Silver!
-C
Feeling stupid? Follow me!

Random avatar

Reviews: 17
Wed Sep 14, 2005 12:03 am
Silverstar says...

Yes, Redwall. I actually don't read the books too much anymore, but the *cough* role playing is still very fun. Insane, often, which makes it even more fun!

This place is so active, it's mind boggling! Most writing forums seem to be dead by now, which is sad. What, by teh way, is the points thing?

1274 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1274
Wed Sep 14, 2005 2:01 am
niteowl says...

I loved the Redwall books. Haven't read any of them since I read Taggerung in Australia three years ago. I don't think I ever read Outcast of Redwall. I remember falling asleep trying to read The Long Patrol. I think that is the only book that I chose to read and never finished. Not even The Monster's Legacy was that bad.

Anyway, here's your gift: :D :) :( :o :shock: :? 8) :lol: :x :P :oops: :cry: :evil: :twisted: :roll: :wink: :!: :?: :idea: :arrow: :| :mrgreen: :xmas_wink: :xmas_happy: :xmas_cool: :xmas_evil: :dreidel: :menorah: :frosty: :thumb: =D> #-o =P~ :^o [-X [-o< 8-[ [-( :-k ](*,) :whistle: O:) =; :sick: :-({|= :-$ :-s \:D/ :-# :hearts_eyes: :love: :lots_hearts: :elephant:
"You do ill if you praise, but worse if you censure, what you do not understand." Leonardo Da Vinci

<YWS><R1>

40 Reviews

Reviews: 40
Wed Sep 14, 2005 7:01 pm
Fool says...

Welcome to YWS, never heard of these Redwall books. But welcome to the forum, hope to see you in the fantasy section!!!
Light travels faster than sound. That is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level, then beat you with experience

I don't suffer from stress. I am a carrier.

8 Reviews

Reviews: 8
Sat Sep 17, 2005 7:42 pm
Lilac_Wood says...

Ah, I love Redwall books! One of my favorite series, and one of my favorite authors. I also love "Castaways of the Flying Dutchman" and the sequel... *dances around* Very cool.
~Caitlyn })Fenix({ Wells~
writer, dreamer, world-builder
Visit Wyld Tales

“I'd much rather be someone's shot of whiskey than everyone's cup of tea.”
— Carrie Bradshaw