Make way for another newbie

Random avatar

Reviews: 1
Wed Apr 01, 2009 2:58 pm
equosia says...

Hey guys!

I'm new here
Writing all the way from Tel-Aviv

I'll take time over the weekend to dig deeper into the massive body of works here
I've uploaded one of my own pieces (The Adventures of Adven Roux)

Thanks for the comments so far to Rena
and hope to get to know as many of you and your works as possible :)

Cheers!

Random avatar

Reviews: 37
Wed Apr 01, 2009 3:07 pm
Helpful McHelpfulpants says...

GREETINGS.

Need to post two reviews before posting work, mind. But I'm not the one whose supposed to be saying that. So I will pop off for a drink now. :D
Nunc lac est bibendum.

356 Reviews

Reviews: 356
Wed Apr 01, 2009 4:24 pm
*writewatiwant* says...

Hey equosia! Welcome to YWS. I'm Kat. nice to meet you :D
I'll explain the rules to you, ok?

1. In YWS, we have a 2:1 ratio. That means that for every work you post you should do two reviews to someone else work.
2. No chat speak and keep capitalizing to a minimal. At some point, people won't understand you.
3. Rate your works. Works that are rated will appear on the front page. If your work has references to adult themes, please rate it as R. Posts rated as R won't appear on the front page.

If you have looked around, you may have noticed that some users have their user names colored. that's because they have jobs.

Blue - Greeters. They welcome the newbies.

Purple - Instructors. they answer your questions and give the most constructive reviews.

Light and dark green - They are Junior Moderators and Moderators. Their job is to overview the greeters and Instructors job and to direct civil discussions, and such.

Red - Administrators. They keep the site running smoothly.

Orange - Basically retired Administrators and Mods.

Tell us more about yourself! What are your favorites? Food/movie/band/music, etc?

If you need anything, feel free to PM me!

*Kat*
Piglet: How do you spell love?
Pooh: You don't spell it. You feel it.

The Buddy System Check us out!

7 Reviews

Reviews: 7
Wed Apr 01, 2009 6:51 pm
Windy Silvermist says...

Hope you enjoy it here YWS is a really fun place. Watch out though were all a bit crazy here. If you need any help I'll be around.. a lot..... I kinda of like live on this site.( By the way I'm weird)

-Windy
“The truth is, of course, that what one regards as interruptions are precisely one's life.”

"You must ask for God's help. ... After each failure, ask forgiveness, pick yourself up, and try again."
-C.S. Lewis

1272 Reviews

Reviews: 1272
Wed Apr 01, 2009 9:54 pm
Rosendorn says...

Hiya and welcome!

Something you'll want to check out while your here is YWS Groups. Just click on the big Groups button in the header and you'll be directed to a nice long list. Joining them is pretty strait-forward, but if you need help, go here

And if you have any questions in general, send me a PM.

~Rosey
A writer is a world trapped in a person— Victor Hugo

Ink is blood. Paper is bandages. The wounded press books to their heart to know they're not alone.

Random avatar

Reviews: 1
Wed Apr 01, 2009 10:20 pm
equosia says...

Thanks yall!

I'll surely be abiding by the 2:1 golden rule since there is lots to read around here and little to post so far.

Anyway I'll try to introduce myself without boring you out too much guys

My name is Zak Goichman, I was born in Russia and came to live in Israel when i was very young.
Visited the States on a number of occasions
I've always had a ravenous appetite for the english language & literature.

I'm gay tho don't hold your breath if you expect much gay oriented writing at present(unless you get me some primetime for it)

By day i'm a physics undergrad at Tel-Aviv University and i keep a pet part time job as a programmer.

Thanks again :)

8 Reviews

Reviews: 8
Wed Apr 01, 2009 10:28 pm
How2EataRhesus says...

Hey Zak, welcome to YWS. I'm Rhee. :]
No, you're not boring anyone. :D Physics seems...confusing, to me at least. But then again you are 12 years older than I am and therefore probably know a little more about the subject. L:
Yes, we do allow gay-oriented writing here; just be sure to rate it appropriately. (For example, if any piece has sex scenes or excessive violence, be sure to rate it "R".)
Anyway, since Rosey, Kat and Helpful covered all the other rules, I just dropped by to say hi. :]
If you have any questions, be sure to PM me.
'Nobody has ever measured, not even poets, how much the heart can hold.' - Zelda Sayre Fitzgerald

Why does the Air Force need expensive new bombers? Have the people we've been bombing over the years been complaining?
— George Wallace