z

Young Writers Society

New here ^^

Reviews: 0
Mon Mar 30, 2009 3:16 pm
Marquise says...

Hi everyone! My name's Robin and as you can guess, I'm new. I'm from Belgium so my native language isn't English, which sometimes causes some trouble (though I think its not that bad ;) ) . The reason I joined is because I have all these ideas but never the will or encouragement to continue on them. Writing stories tends to become dull without a reply, that's why I'm looking for a mentor, friend or just some critique to get my spelling errors out of my writings and for a little bit of help and encouragement too :).

Yay, writing! ;)

Also, if someone is interested in writing a story together, that would be awesome! Just let me know here or message me :).

1125 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1125
Mon Mar 30, 2009 3:57 pm
StellaThomas says...

Hey Marquise! You can call me Stella...

Belgium, huh? That's really cool! I'm from Ireland myself... so your first language is French or Flemish or what? YWS is the perfect way to improve your English, you'll get better in no time, trust me (though it's already pretty good...)

Just a few rules -because every functioning society needs rules, right?

-For every piece of your own work you post, you have to do two reviews. It may seem tedious, but you'll get used to it. Also, if reviews are too short, they won't count.,.

-Remember to try to use proper spelling and grammar, dnt use chatspk lyk dis, especially as non-native English speakers like yourself might find it difficult to understand...

-Be nice! To your reviewers, etc. Else we'll tell you off :)

As you can see, my name's purple, that means I'm an Instructor and I'll help you improve your writing as much as I can. Those with blue names are Greeters- if you need help getting round the site just ask one of them... people with light green names are junior mods, dark green are mods and red are administrators. They're the ones who keep us in line and make sure things run smoothly.

If you want to write a story with someone, check out "The Double Trouble Writing Huddle" in groups... you can get a writing partner there!

So apart from writing, what are your interests? What do you like to write? Who are your favourite authors?

Hope to see you around!

-Stella. ;)
"Stella. You were in my dream the other night. And everyone called you Princess." -Lauren2010

Mon Mar 30, 2009 4:08 pm
Marquise says...

My native language is Flemish, though I also speak French, Spanish, English and a bit o' German. I adore Ireland as a country and hope to move to there someday! :)

My interests include acting, martial arts, writing and going out. Some of my favourite writers are Neil Gaiman, Robert Jordan and Trudi Cannavan. I like to write stories that include our world, but the not the world as we see it, I mean the hidden side of our world ;). This includes everything from conspiracy to guilds as long as they include a bit of fantasy (nothing Dragon like, just something out of the ordinary). My favourite characters to write about are the manipulative, lying types (a bit like actors know that I think about it). So anyone that likes these topics can PM me anytime.

Thank you for my first reply here at YWS Stella, I hope we can be friends and I'm sure I'll get along just fine here.

PS: Keep the posts coming! :D

356 Reviews

Reviews: 356
Mon Mar 30, 2009 4:15 pm
*writewatiwant* says...

Hey Robin! Welcome to YWS! I'm kat, nice to meet you.
Well, now, I'm from Portugal, so my native language isn't English as well, Don't worry; people here are much friendly and they will help you out when needed.

I thought I might clear some things out for you, shall I?
Well, have you taken a look around? If you have, you might have noticed that some users have their names colored. That's because they have jobs.

Blue - Greeters. They welcome the newbies.

Purple - Instructors. they answer your questions and give the most constructive reviews.

Light and dark green - They are Junior Moderators and Moderators. Their job is to overview the greeters and Instructors job and to direct civil discussions, and such.

Red - Administrators. They keep the site running smoothly.

Orange - Basically retired Administrators and Mods.

Tell us more about yourself! What are your favorites? Food/movie/band/music, etc?

PM me if you need anything!

*Kat*
Piglet: How do you spell love?
Pooh: You don't spell it. You feel it.

The Buddy System Check us out!

146 Reviews

Reviews: 146
Mon Mar 30, 2009 4:31 pm
SeleneForeverDream says...

Heya Robin, welcome to YWS! :D

Flemish, eh? I've never heard of it, but I suppose you learn something new everyday. ;)

Here are some tips and rules to help you get more accustomed to YWS:

~ Please rate your work when submitting literature. If it has the F-word, excessive vulgarity or sexual content, please rate it R and so forth. This way your work will appear on the front page, will receive more reviews, and will caution other readers of what you are writing.

~ This is just adding a bit more to what Stella said, but we have a 2:1 ratio here on YWS. That means that before you start posting, please take the time to review two other pieces of work here on YWS. Also, make sure your reviews are constructive and helpful to the writer. They must be at least three sentences long or it won't count as a review.

So here are some questions to get to know you better:

Do you like writing poetry, fiction or both?

Have any hobbies?

What are you currently writing?

What's your favorite book?

If you have any questions, would ever like a review, or would just like to chat, feel free to PM me.
Got YWS?

You judge others upon their actions, but you judge yourself by your intention.

Mon Mar 30, 2009 4:32 pm
Marquise says...

Hi Kat, I've just made a topic in which I'm searching for someone who would like to write a story with me. Here it is (the explanation for the story is in this topic)

topic45962.html

Let me know if anyone is interested :)

196 Reviews

Reviews: 196
Mon Mar 30, 2009 4:36 pm
peanutgallery007 says...

Hey! Peanut here! Uh...uh... of course I would write a story with you! There is also a group called double-trouble writing huddle. I'm sure people there would like to write with you too!

It looks like others got here before me and told you the rules, so you can just PM me if you ever have questions, need a review, or just want to talk. :)

I've already had practice writing with another person, so I would be great writing with you! (It depends on the subject of writing though...)

Anyway, I'm babbling so I guess I'll go now :oops: . Bye!
Have a peanut =)

Try your hand at my poetry contest!

Proud LGBT supporter.

Mon Mar 30, 2009 4:44 pm
Marquise says...

Hi peanut, just click on the link in my previous post so you can read my idea for a story and decide for yourself if you want to write with me. :)

Cheers! :D

1272 Reviews

Reviews: 1272
Mon Mar 30, 2009 9:20 pm
Rosendorn says...

Hiya and welcome!

Hmm, Interesting story idea. Not entierly sure if it's my thing, but I'll think about it. ^_^

Secret societies are things I enjoy delving into, if only for my own fantasy stories. :D Fantasy is really where I live when it comes to stories-- even my realistic short stories have some magic to them. And all my long works are fantasy.

If you have any questions, feel free to PM me!

~Rosey
A writer is a world trapped in a person— Victor Hugo

Ink is blood. Paper is bandages. The wounded press books to their heart to know they're not alone.

Understanding is the first step to acceptance, and only with acceptance can there be recovery.
— Albus Dumbledore