z

Young Writers Society

Purple monkey tangerines.

Random avatar

Reviews: 15
Wed Dec 15, 2004 6:12 am
Morran says...

That's my way of saying that I'm here, courtesy of the fabulous miss Galatea. Greetings and salutations to all.

I write poetry, short fics, novellas, and novels. I don't really have a particular genre - I write everything but horror and mystery, and chances are I'll have tackled them as well before my time as a writer is up. Or I'll have tried, anyway.

Just because I write it never means it's any good.

At any rate, I'm really here to participate in the RP, but so long as I'm around, I think I'll take a look at some of the writing and post some of my own.

And for a bit of a thought-provoker:

What color would a Smurf turn if you choked it?

72 Reviews

Reviews: 72
Wed Dec 15, 2004 6:43 am
A.O. Avalon says...

Hi and welcome!
You should defineitely check out the boards, you'll find alot of good advice (especially concerning the pros and cons of passive voice :P)
and if you don't post, we can't help you improve. I think you'll find that posting here teaches you alot about your style, and how to perfect it.

But if you're RPing... Fear and respect Galatea. She's a tricky lilttle witch when you cross her!!! (hehe)

Hope you enjoy it here...we all do!

Alyce Ophelia Avalon, dispenser of occasionally good advice.
"El sueño de la razon produce monstrisos"
--Fransisco de Goya

Random avatar

Wed Dec 15, 2004 6:47 am
Morran says...

The pros and cons of passive voice.... now that definitely sounds like an interesting discussion.

*Goes off to hunt for one such discussion*

And I totally didn't see the other topic that was titled "Greetings and salutations," when I wrote that first post. Honest.

72 Reviews

Reviews: 72
Wed Dec 15, 2004 7:07 am
A.O. Avalon says...

You're also a jerk who conceals his identity!! I guess I could try reading your profile...but where's the fun in that?

*curses Josh* I'm stealing your Ramen for this.
"El sueño de la razon produce monstrisos"
--Fransisco de Goya

Random avatar

Wed Dec 15, 2004 7:22 am
Morran says...

Oh, go ahead! Consider it a housewarming gift, even. :)

(And in my defense, I didn't even -mean- to conceal my identity. I was in a hurry to register and left most of my information off! ....Yeah. I'm going over here now.)

128 Reviews

Reviews: 128
Wed Dec 15, 2004 7:28 am
Galatea says...

*sigh* now children....

Since WHEN am I a 'tricky witch' Avalon? Who're you, Saint Teresa?!

Gah!!
All joking aside, Morran welcome, it's wonderous to have you, and I cannot wait to rp with ya. Yay! Oh, you should stay active on the other boards too. They're equally as fun.
Sing lustily and with a good courage. Beware of singing as if you were half dead, or half asleep; but lift up your voice with strength.

64 Reviews

Reviews: 64
Fri Dec 17, 2004 9:31 pm
Elocina says...

Hi Morran. Sorry I didn't check this earlier...
Dang, can't think of much to write.....

Ah, yes, the question most people say 'no' to.... Are you ready for Christmas?

(I sure ain't. Life's hard enough as it is without tripping over tree branches when you go down the stairs.)
Feeling stupid? Follow me!

Random avatar

Sun Dec 19, 2004 5:33 am
Morran says...

No worries for not checking it earlier. I've been busy and gone, so I haven't been able to see it! So we're even.

Yes, I am ready for Christmas, oddly enough. I can't wait. I'm glad to be back at home after a lot of driving... my own comfy bed and my own delicious food.

The family is nice to see too. :)

64 Reviews

Sun Dec 19, 2004 5:42 am
Elocina says...

I love my family. i don't think I've bought ANYONE gifts yet...crud. Oh, well. We're going into town sometime.
Did I mention, I love your avatar!!! :P
He's all dark and mysterious (spelled that wrong, but you get the point.)

Random avatar

Sun Dec 19, 2004 6:03 am
Morran says...

You spelled 'mysterious' right. Give yourself some credit. :) Irvine is one of my favorite characters. I like Squall a lot too, but eh. Irvine seems a little more friendly than Squall does, for the most part. But he's way cool.

I haven't bought gifts yet, either, but I'm not sure I can afford anything right now. Most of what I give my family will probably not be something I can get from a store, although nifty little gifts are cool as well, and I will probably pick -something- up. Eventually.

I've got a few days.

But right now, I'm going to relax. I'm on break, dangit. :)

64 Reviews

Mon Dec 20, 2004 3:47 pm
Elocina says...

I'm on break, too. I LOOOVE breaks. 8) Still, I wish it would be better weather. Or, if it insists on being sindy and cloudy, at least snow.
I've been staying up late and sleeping in :twisted: . Two things I rarely ever do. Except when I'm on vacation. Or when we don't have school.... No reason to be frantic about X-mas. We've got the tree decorated, at least.
Feeling stupid? Follow me!

To have more, you have to become more. Don't wish it was easier - wish you were better. For things to change, you have to change, and for things to get better, you have to get better.
— Jim Rohn