z

Young Writers Society

New Here.

46 Reviews

Reviews: 46
Sun Mar 29, 2009 4:37 am
Rena0421 says...

Yes, it's true, I am new.
My name is Rena, I'm 15 and I'll be 16 in April(I can't help telling people that).
If you see that I've posted anything(which I haven't yet), please reply, tell me what you thought.
I love criticism, good and bad. As long as it isn't harsh and evil. I hate that.
I'd rather a bunch of complete strangers rated and critiqed my work than my friends and family. If you hate it, I wouldn't feel embarrassed but if my mom said she hated a story I wrote....
So a little about myself is that I love to write, obviously. I love reading other people's writing so this is the perfect place for me. I'm a nice person to get to know so I'd love for anyone to send me a message.
Thanks! And once again, I'm Rena!
rena;;let the future pass and don't let go

196 Reviews

Reviews: 196
Sun Mar 29, 2009 5:01 am
peanutgallery007 says...

Hi Rena! I'm peanutgallery007 (obviously) but you may call me peanut. I'm so glad to be the first to welcome you! But! Before you do anything, I have to tell you the main rules for all forums around YWS.

1. no chat speak. It is hard 4 ppl 2 undrstand talkin this way. We are writers here, and we must remain with proper grammar. (If it is how a character in one of your pieces speaks, or how a poem is or something then it is fine, but otherwise, no.) I'm sorry. I ramble.

2. Cussing. Please refrain from cussing around here. If one of your works have cussing in it, let people know that by rating it PG-13 or, if it is really bad, R. Limit adult behaviour and keep everything appropriate.

3. Here, we have a 2:1 ratio. For every one piece you enter, you need to review two other things before submitting another piece. (Try to only submit one piece per day; this has been extensively though for me!)

That is basically it, besides always respecting the moderators and administrators. That is pretty much self explanatory though. Next, I'll explain the color coded names; (I'm sorry this is so long, I just can't help but ramble a little... like now!)

Black= normal, like you and me so far!

Blue= Greeters. These members normally greet the newbies. I know, I'm not a Greeter (yet!) ;)

Purple= Instructors. They give really good reviews, and teach others how to write well overall and improve their written pieces. They really are very helpful!

Light Green= Junior Moderators. They normally hang around their assigned forums. They make sure everything is running smoothly in that forum.

Green= Moderator. A moderator is responsible for all forums. Making sure everyone follows the rules and stays civil.

Red= Administrators. They have the power to do almost anything in YWS. They can ban you if you disobey the rules various times (do not be afraid; Administrators are very nice if you don't do anything mean, like post a flame.)

Orange= Distinguished Members. Since I cannot explain them correctly, this is the official definition of them;
There is only one way to become a distinguished member: becoming a moderator and leaving the mod squad honorably. All distinguished members are those who are no longer active on YWS, but nevertheless have left their mark on the site.

I won't talk anymore because I have already rambled enough! PM me if you have any questions (I promise I won't ramble as much if you do) and I hope you have a great time here at YWS! ;):D
Have a peanut =)

Try your hand at my poetry contest!

Proud LGBT supporter.

122 Reviews

Reviews: 122
Sun Mar 29, 2009 6:28 am
WaterVyper says...

Heya Rena! Welcome to YWS! It's great to see you here. I feel so tiny compared to everyone else, but eh. So, happy early birthday!

Peanut has gone over just about everything, so I guess it's my turn to explain the groups. On YWS, usergroups are groups created for people with similar interests. For example, we have groups for people who like cartoons, for novelists, for people who enjoy poetry, and many more. Scroll to the top of the page and you'll find them. You'll find some you like. If you don't, then you can start your own group.

Well, time for questions. What do you like to read? Who do you like to read? What do you like to write? What do you want to accomplish on YWS? What are your hobbies and interests? What about interests in music? How about movies? Tell us more about yourself. And don't be afraid to speak up.

So, I hope to see you around sometime. Feel free to PM me if you ever need anything. See ya!
There once was a cat.
He wasn’t particularly fat.
Fuzzy was his favorite mat.
And really, that was that.

Oh, but did you really think so?
Keep reading, it’s just the start of the show!
And as for how far this tale will go…
Well, even the cat doesn’t know.

109 Reviews

Reviews: 109
Sun Mar 29, 2009 11:39 am
MysticalBlood says...

HI! Welcome to Youngwriterssociety. i am a new member too! Your guna be 3 years older than me soon then.:)
Everyone is kind here, you'll find people critique the things you post, they don't try to be mean but give you hints and tips on how to improve so don't take it badly! Have fun.
'This isn't funny Dean, the voice says i'm almost out of minutes!' - Castiel
~ Nothing is true, everything is permitted... Live by the Creed... Be Discreet...

146 Reviews

Reviews: 146
Sun Mar 29, 2009 2:39 pm
SeleneForeverDream says...

Hello Rena, welcome to the lovely, spectacular, marvelous world of YWS! Happy Birthday! *Hands over a bag of cookies* :birthday:

On YWS we have a point system, if you haven't already figured that out, with spending and earning points. Here's how it works:

Submitting Work

~ When you submit your work in the Fiction forums or Poetry forums it costs 150 points to post it, but depending upon how long it is, you can receive 50 points back.

~ When submitting a new Storybook, it costs 100 points to submit a new one.

Earning Points

~ You can earn up to 50 points when you critique someones work in the Fiction, Poetry and Miscellaneous Sections (except when you're posting for a Storybook).

~ You can earn up to 50 points in some other forums, like certain Community forums and in a few groups.

So do share a bit about yourself.

Do you play an instrument?

Who's your favorite author?

What inspires you to write?

Do you have a favorite book?

What are you currently writing?

If you have a question, would like a review, or would simply like to talk, feel free to PM me.
Last edited by SeleneForeverDream on Sun Mar 29, 2009 8:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Got YWS?

You judge others upon their actions, but you judge yourself by your intention.

98 Reviews

Reviews: 98
Sun Mar 29, 2009 3:19 pm
chasingcolts21 says...

Hello, I'm Colt. I joined almost a month ago, so I'm kind of new myself. YWS is a kind, lovely place...the people here are amazing. YWS is my second home, I love it. I hope you can end up saying the same.

Oh, if you need help around here, feel free to PM me. I'll get back to you as soon as possible.

Also, on storybooks, I thought they lowered the points cost to one-hundred points to post it? And zero to post in it?

But, anyways, welcome and happy early birthday!
*sings Happy Birthday song and throws confetti*
"We would accomplish many more things if we didn't think of them as impossible." Vince Lombardi

~You've just been ticketed by the Grammar Police! 1000 word essay fine.

1272 Reviews

Reviews: 1272
Sun Mar 29, 2009 9:16 pm
Rosendorn says...

Hiya and welcome!

A little more on rated works: If they're not rated R, they'll show up on the front page of YWS. You might even get more comments. ;)

Wow! Nice work on review count. ^_^ We like people who critique here on YWS. Just keep it nice, and you'll be well liked. ^_^

If you have any questions, PM me.

~Rosey
A writer is a world trapped in a person— Victor Hugo

Ink is blood. Paper is bandages. The wounded press books to their heart to know they're not alone.

46 Reviews

Reviews: 46
Sun Mar 29, 2009 9:20 pm
Rena0421 says...

thanks. I already feel welcomed. I'm I'll fit right in...I hope.
I know I've already sent a few people messages and some people have already PMed me.
So yes, I feel at home. Thanks to all.
rena;;let the future pass and don't let go

98 Reviews

Reviews: 98
Mon Mar 30, 2009 4:05 am
chasingcolts21 says...

Ooooooo....eight reviews already! I'm jealous...hehe.

I added you as a friend as you know, and I feel touched you feel touched about the request. Confusing much? Anyways, you are welcome!

-Colt
"We would accomplish many more things if we didn't think of them as impossible." Vince Lombardi

~You've just been ticketed by the Grammar Police! 1000 word essay fine.

The only fool bigger than the person who knows it all is the person who argues with him.
— Stanislaw Jerszy Lec