z

Young Writers Society

A whole "New" direction

Reviews: 4
Sat Mar 28, 2009 11:55 pm
Mary.Ellen. says...

Hi, everyone. *waves happily*

How is everyone on this lovely Saturday or Sunday? Well, I hope.

I wanted to say, I was on this site a quite long ago. I don't remember my user name or the work I posted, for that was ages ago.

But, I do remember the rules quite well and don't worry I'll stick to them!

Anyway, I guess I write, no, I shall say what kind of writing I do first, huh? I can't do poetry, but I admire those who do. I'm mostly into prose and I can't paint or draw. That's for the rest of my family.

I write what's mostly on my mind and my mood. Even though my mood changes pretty quickly. Sometimes I get these outrageous and completely nonsense ideas, that I want to do, but I eventually never stick to it.

But, I'm here at the YWS station ready to keep to my ideas. And I hope you guys can help me.

Any who, I'm really into the classics. A. Lot. My mom and me (and surprisingly my dad) watched the BBC version of Elizabeth Gaskell's North and South. Oh my!! Was it amazing! Isn't Thornton dreamy? Or has anybody seen it?

I have my own collection of the Austen novels and I'm on Persuasion. Really good. Oh, and my parents and I are still watching Wives and Daughters. I wonder what's going to happen...?

*looks up* Geesh. I did write too much. Sorry about that, guys. Oh, and if I seemly run across my old work DO NOT worry. I'll probabaly just use my old favorite characters and rebuild a brand new novel. So I guess I wouldn't be stealing my old YWS account work, even though it's still me. Right?

Well, well. I better go finish that outline that's taking me forever to finish. (did I just use finish twice?)

Can't wait to get to know all of you guys!

~Ellen

P.S. Just call me Ellen.

115 Reviews

Reviews: 115
Sun Mar 29, 2009 12:19 am
mhmmcolleenx0 says...

Hey Ellen. If you know the rules I'm not saying them. Just thought I'd say hi. And, I gues, re-welcome you to the site.

I can't write poetry either. I tried at school the other day and it was just awful. I can't draw or anything either.

Well, I hope to see some of your work soon!
"Can't stop, won't stop. I must be dreaming."

1272 Reviews

Reviews: 1272
Sun Mar 29, 2009 12:21 am
Rosendorn says...

Hiya and welcome!

Hmm, so you know everything about the site? Guess I'll just say hi.

Hi!

If you have any questions, PM me.

~Rosey
A writer is a world trapped in a person— Victor Hugo

Ink is blood. Paper is bandages. The wounded press books to their heart to know they're not alone.

122 Reviews

Reviews: 122
Sun Mar 29, 2009 12:30 am
WaterVyper says...

Hey Ellen! Welcome back! I probably won't recognize you, so I apologize. Anyway, you should know the rules and just about everything, so there's no need for that.

What are your hobbies? What about interests in music? How about movies?

Well, that's all the questions I have for now. I hope to see your work sometime soon. See ya around!
There once was a cat.
He wasn’t particularly fat.
Fuzzy was his favorite mat.
And really, that was that.

Oh, but did you really think so?
Keep reading, it’s just the start of the show!
And as for how far this tale will go…
Well, even the cat doesn’t know.

Reviews: 4
Sun Mar 29, 2009 12:37 am
Mary.Ellen. says...

To all three greeters:

Thanks for the happy welcome! I really appreciate it.

Oh, and for your questions, WaterVyper:

*Hobbies: geesh. that's a tricky question, there. Writing. But that's such a over-used word, here.

*Music: I am such a picky person with this question. I like anything from Smooth jazz ~ trance/techno ~ alternative/rock

*Movies: Besides the ones I mentioned? Anything that seems good that just came out on DVD.

I think that's all. Have any more questions?

~Ellen

Reading is one form of escape. Running for your life is another.
— Lemony Snicket