z

Young Writers Society

Well howdy there

Reviews: 1
Fri Mar 27, 2009 6:02 pm
BlackSafetyPins says...

Hi all you people out there...
you dont know how relieved I am to find out that I am not in fact the last person on earth.
Phew...
Anyway just wanted to introduce myself, say hi, if you wanna know anything about me just ask...
I only bite sometimes ;)
Cheerio
BlackSafetyPins AKA Chloe
Hey! I wonder what this button does...

324 Reviews

Reviews: 324
Fri Mar 27, 2009 6:55 pm
Threnody says...

Hi Chloe!! Or BlackSafetyPins (I love that username! Dunno why... It just sounds cool.)
Welcome to the lovely place we like to call the [s]asylum[/s] *ahem* YWS! You bite... *shivers.*

Well, before I can say any more, I must give you the proper welcoming ritual, which involves a basic run-through of all the details and rules of this awesome area. The process is easy and rather painless. It will stick with you for the rest of your stay here. Here are the basics~

:arrow: All stories and poems must be rated accordingly. If they have vulgar language, please rate them as 'R.'

:arrow: Keep all comments clean! For stories and poems, one may use vulgar language, but this is not the case with comments. All inappropiate comments will be edited.

:arrow: Members are asked to withold on submitting work until they post two reviews. After one has done, a member can submit as much work as he/she may like, although it is requested that one keeps the ratio of reviews to work to at least 2 to 1.

:arrow: This is a writers forum, and thus "netspeak" or "1337" is simply not allowed.

Those are the most important rules.

Now for the details that I'm sure you'd like to know~

:arrow: The chatroom is on the home page. You scroll down until you see a little box that's header say, "Who's Chatting." Sometimes, people aren't chatting. If they are, just click the blue link that says, "Join Chat." and voila.

:arrow: There are also groups that you can join. Go up to the main header and the little square that says "Groups" on it will bring you to the group index. Join a group about something you're interested in. There are groups such as "The Hogwarts Express" which is a Harry Potter fan group, and "Matt's Happy Place, " which is completely random.

I think that's all. I'm sure some other person will explain what I forgot.

Now, about you... how are you? I hope you're enjoying your stay here. I'd like to know a bit about you though. Like what kind of books you read, what sports you play... etc.

I hope to see you around, and PM (that's private message) me if you have any questions.

Peace, Love and Sugar Packets~
Forever Threnody
“One sees clearly only with the heart. Anything essential is invisible to the eyes”
~ The Little Prince~

146 Reviews

Reviews: 146
Fri Mar 27, 2009 7:17 pm
SeleneForeverDream says...

Hey Chloe, welcome to the wonderful world of YWS! :D

So if you've been wondering about the different colored usernames on YWS, they are our YWS staff. Here's a run-down of the colors you will find here:

Blues- Are Greeters. They will help you feel welcome to YWS and introduce you to the site. These are people like Forever Threnody and I.

Purples- Are Instructors. They will critique the work that you submit on YWS thoroughly.

Light Greens- Are Junior Moderators. They are Moderators in training and help control some of the forums.

Greens- Are Moderators. They help control all the forums.

Red- Are Administrators of the site. They help out other members on the site and control it.

Orange: Distinguished members, or retired moderators.

If you have any questions, would like a review for your work, or would just like to chat, feel free to PM me.
Got YWS?

You judge others upon their actions, but you judge yourself by your intention.

1272 Reviews

Reviews: 1272
Fri Mar 27, 2009 8:18 pm
Rosendorn says...

Hiya and welcome!

Just to let you know that, while we don't like chat-speak such as gr8, some abbreviations such as POV, MC, brb, lol and other term abbreviations are fine.

A review must be at least three lines long or else it doesn't count. The bonus is, the more you can point out, be it positive or negative, the better your own writing gets. ^_^

Also! If you rate your works, and it's not rated R, then it'll show up on the front page of YWS. You might even get more comments. ;)

If you have any questions, PM me.

~Rosey
A writer is a world trapped in a person— Victor Hugo

Ink is blood. Paper is bandages. The wounded press books to their heart to know they're not alone.

356 Reviews

Reviews: 356
Sat Mar 28, 2009 3:39 pm
*writewatiwant* says...

Hey there Chloe! Welcome to YWS!

Oh, it seems the rules have already been laid out, I'll just welcome you!

So tell us a little more about yourself!
Whose your favorites? Author/Music/Band/Movie, etc?

See ya around!
PM me if you need anything!

*Kat*
Piglet: How do you spell love?
Pooh: You don't spell it. You feel it.

The Buddy System Check us out!

196 Reviews

Reviews: 196
Sat Mar 28, 2009 5:18 pm
peanutgallery007 says...

Hey! I'm peanutgallery007, but you may call me peanut. I hope you have an awesome time here at YWS! Everyone is really nice and friendly around here, and they all make great critics! (I'm getting there...) Anyway! I would consider joining some groups, because they are really fun. The funnest one (in my odd opinion!) would be the Debate Group.
Again, welcome! ;)
Have a peanut =)

Try your hand at my poetry contest!

Proud LGBT supporter.

47 Reviews

Reviews: 47
Sat Mar 28, 2009 8:03 pm
imapoemperson says...

Hello, I'm imapoemperson, but since that is long to write you can call me Poem. I hope you enjoy YWS!
PM me if you have any questions.
~Poem :D
"We played Pin the Tail on the Reason My Life Feels So Insufficient, and nobody won." -Megan Moriarty

28 Reviews

Reviews: 28
Fri Apr 03, 2009 8:39 pm
Chloe(: says...

BlackSafetyPins AKA Chloe

My real name is Chloe!
:smt041
Go Chloes!
But call me Vivi.
Formerly known as Vivacious.

Full of Cliches:a challenge to see who can write a piece with the most cliches.

But there was no goat man, there was NEVER any goat man!
— OSP Red