z

Young Writers Society

I'm new...

Reviews: 3
Fri Mar 27, 2009 5:59 am
wishiwerent says...

Hey all! I write to keep sane, if i didn't i think i'd explode. Just thought you'd like to know =)

122 Reviews

Reviews: 122
Fri Mar 27, 2009 6:23 am
WaterVyper says...

Heyas Wish and welcome to YWS! Great to see you here! Now, we have some rules on YWS that need to be followed, and I'll be giving a quick rundown.

Keep the 2:1 review ratio. That means that for every work you intend to post, you need to review two other works first. It helps everyone get a review. Also, the better your review is, the better your own writing will get!

Use proper grammar, spelling, and capitalization. It is common courtesy around here. It helps people understand your post and it's better for aesthetics. A couple of abbreviations are okay, such as lol or POV, or others, but no kk or things like that.

Rate your works appropriately. Rated works, G, PG-13, etcetera will show up on the homepage in the featured works section. However, if your work has graphic situations and/or the f-word, it is required that you rate it R. R-rated pieces won't show up on the homepage.

Be respectful and nice to everyone. Well, that's already a given, anyway.

Have fun! If you're not having fun, you're doing it wrong.

So, those are the rules. And now, tell us more about yourself. What do you like to read? Who are your favorite authors? What do you like to write, prose or poetry? Which genre do you like to write? What are your interests in movies? How about music? What do you want to be when you're older? What about other hobbies? Other things you want to say?

Well, feel free to PM me for anything you need- reviews, questions, or friendship. I hope to see you around sometime! See ya!
There once was a cat.
He wasn’t particularly fat.
Fuzzy was his favorite mat.
And really, that was that.

Oh, but did you really think so?
Keep reading, it’s just the start of the show!
And as for how far this tale will go…
Well, even the cat doesn’t know.

104 Reviews

Reviews: 104
Fri Mar 27, 2009 6:34 am
Storm_Bringer says...

Hey there Wish (do you mind if I call you that?)!
I'm Storm and I would very much like to say: Welcome to YWS!!!!!!!!
Its one of the best places on earth! Haha. Anyways, its an awesome place but it still has some rules.
1) 2:1 ratio. For every story post you must do two reviews. It will tell you how much you did on your review count.
2) No chatspeak.
3) Please rate your work.
4) No swearing. You can in stories but make sire to rate it.
Okay, color names!~ People with colored names means they have a job.

Black: Regular people. Like me and you! (there don't do anything, just go around the site, review, yeah.)

Blue: Greeters. They hover around the Welcome forum and Greet all members new! Answers questions, and welcomes you to YWS.

Purple: Instructers. They give super good reviews. They help you a lot on your story/poems, by telling you what to work on what was good, etc.

Light Greens: Junior Moderaters. They moderate some forums.

Dark Greens: Moderaters. They moderate all forums by doing things like; moving your story to the right forum if its in the wrong one, etc.

Red: Administrators. Help make the site run smoother.

Orange: Retired Moderaters or Distinguished Members.

Okay thats it! Now more about you!
1) What's your favorite genre to write?
2) Favorite: Music? Sport? Books? Store?
3) What is your favorite color?
4) What is your favorite TV show?
5) What is your favorite subject?
OKay. So anyways Welcome To YWS!!!!!!
Hope you have a great time and I'll see ya around. PM (private message) me if you need anything or just feel like talking to someone. :) Even if you want me to review something. :)
See ya~
-Storm
"You know when you're in love when you can't fall asleep because reality is finally better than your dreams."
~~~
Need a review?
One Stormy Review Coming Right Up!

109 Reviews

Reviews: 109
Fri Mar 27, 2009 7:09 am
MysticalBlood says...

hi, welcome to young writers society, how did you find it? I found it by searching on google! Well, hope you enjoy it here, everyone will make you feel welcome, post poems, stories, lyrics anything! It is an amazing world you'll get used to in no time!

from lizzie (iCarlyfan)
'This isn't funny Dean, the voice says i'm almost out of minutes!' - Castiel
~ Nothing is true, everything is permitted... Live by the Creed... Be Discreet...

34 Reviews

Reviews: 34
Fri Mar 27, 2009 4:21 pm
View Likes
Sura says...

Bonjour!
<3

YWS is an awesome group, I'm sure you'll love it here.
If you have any questions, want me to review something or just wanna talk, please PM me!
I'm back!

"Breaking fixed idea!
Throw away the prejudice
that fish live in fish bowls only!"

196 Reviews

Reviews: 196
Fri Mar 27, 2009 5:34 pm
peanutgallery007 says...

Greetings to all! :)
Welcome to YWS. I'm very glad you like to write to keep sane, because now you can post your keep-sane-writing right on this site! I can't wait to read what you have got in store for us. Just put your scroller/ mouse/ arrow on the writing button (at top), and select Submit Something. Pick the type and whoosh... off you go, on your writing adventure! (Don't worry I always use odd phrases!) ;)
Have a peanut =)

Try your hand at my poetry contest!

Proud LGBT supporter.

324 Reviews

Reviews: 324
Fri Mar 27, 2009 7:01 pm
Threnody says...

Welcome Welcome!!! How are you liking this wonderful place? I sincerely hope you're having fun. I agree that writing helps the soul. I'd like to tell you some other awesome details about this place.

:arrow: The chatroom is on the home page. You scroll down until you see a little box that's header say, "Who's Chatting." Sometimes, people aren't chatting. If they are, just click the blue link that says, "Join Chat." and voila.

:arrow: Also, there are usergroups. Go up to the main header and there should be a square that says "groups." Click it. You'll be taken to a group index. There you can join a group like "Hogwarts Express," a Harry Potter fan club, or "The Character Tea Party," where characters from your stories can congregate with other characters from other peoples stories.

So, I'm as curious as everyone else, what do you enjoy doing? What's your favourite band? Anything else you'd like to share about yourself?

Well, I hope to see you around!

Peace, Love and Sugar Packets~
Forever Threnody
“One sees clearly only with the heart. Anything essential is invisible to the eyes”
~ The Little Prince~

1272 Reviews

Reviews: 1272
Fri Mar 27, 2009 8:20 pm
Rosendorn says...

Hiya and welcome!

Just dropping by to let you know that a review must be at least three lines long or else it doesn't count. The bonus is, the more you can point out, be it positive or negative, the better your own writing gets. ^_^

If you have any questions, PM me.

~Rosey
A writer is a world trapped in a person— Victor Hugo

Ink is blood. Paper is bandages. The wounded press books to their heart to know they're not alone.

“Though lovers be lost, love shall not; And death shall have no dominion.”
— Dylan Thomas