z

Young Writers Society

Roar. I eat fwish.

Reviews: 1
Thu Mar 26, 2009 8:10 am
Demon Twig says...

Hewwo, me Demon Twig*. I uh... uh... uh... like some stuff. And I have no idea what to write here. I like these books: The Warcraft Archive... and other stuff. I like playing video games. What else? Oh yeah, WaterVyper is my sister.

Cookies to whoever gets the reference.

*Twig Talk: Fwish and Ice Cweam.

122 Reviews

Reviews: 122
Thu Mar 26, 2009 8:17 am
WaterVyper says...

Yo Chris. *waves* Looks like you finally decided to join YWS. Though, you do have to work on your grammar. Anyway, I guess I'm going over the rules first. Here, we have two famous rules, and a bunch of others. The rules can be found here but I'll be putting down the basic ones.

1. Keep the 2:1 ratio. That means you have to review two works before you can post your own. And a review cannot be just, "I think this is really good. Please make a sequel." or, "This sucked." or something similar to those. You need to provide helpful comments. The more you can find, the better your own writing will get. (Though I think your writing needs more help than that.)

2. Don't use chatspeak, and use proper grammar and spelling and capitalization at all times. Okay, I looked a bit like a hypocrite there. Basically, this is a writing site. We use proper grammar, spelling, and capitalization. It is PAINFUL TO READ WRITING THAT IS ALL LIKE THIS or riting lke dis. Please follow this rule. A few abbreviations are okay, such as lol or MC.

So, thats it for the rules. Since I already know almost everything about you, I'll leave someone else to do the questions. And can I have the cookie? I get the ref, though others might not.

So, feel free to PM me for anything you need. Otherwise, my room is right next to yours. I'll be looking out for that story. Bye!
There once was a cat.
He wasn’t particularly fat.
Fuzzy was his favorite mat.
And really, that was that.

Oh, but did you really think so?
Keep reading, it’s just the start of the show!
And as for how far this tale will go…
Well, even the cat doesn’t know.

228 Reviews

Reviews: 228
Thu Mar 26, 2009 9:55 am
Meep(: says...

Hey Demon Twig!
Looks like your...big sis? pointed out the rules to you.
Warcraft, eh?
I've got a couple of friends into that.
But I seem to see more warhammer people here in YWS.
So what kind of books do you particularly like?
Sci-fi? Fan fic? Fantasy fic?
We're teeming with Fantasy fics here :D
Any favourite song either?
Anyway, I'll see you around then!

~Have a nice day!
Meep(:
~Liverpool F.C Supporter~
"You'll never walk alone"

196 Reviews

Reviews: 196
Thu Mar 26, 2009 10:20 am
peanutgallery007 says...

Hey Demon Twig! I think it's really cool you and WaterVyper are brother and sister, both registered here! Looks like she covered the rules too. Well, I look forward to reading some of your stuff later on, when you post it. * 2:1 ratio*! A reminder :oops:
Oh, I almost forgot, which do you prefer writing, poetry or fiction? It's a good question that challenges lots of people! :)
Have a peanut =)

Try your hand at my poetry contest!

Proud LGBT supporter.

26 Reviews

Reviews: 26
Thu Mar 26, 2009 11:29 am
mystymizer says...

Welcome to YWS, hope you enjoy your stay here!

If you ever need an extra review, lemme know! Have fun!

Mysty.
- - No one is free while others are oppressed - -
Gandhi.

1272 Reviews

Reviews: 1272
Thu Mar 26, 2009 10:41 pm
Rosendorn says...

Hiya and welcome!

Another little rule on YWS: Rated works are what we like to see! If you rate your work, and it's not rated R, it'll show up on the front page of YWS! You might even get more comments. ;) Rated R works have the f-word and/or graphic scenes.

If you have any questions, PM me.

~Rosey
A writer is a world trapped in a person— Victor Hugo

Ink is blood. Paper is bandages. The wounded press books to their heart to know they're not alone.

356 Reviews

Reviews: 356
Thu Mar 26, 2009 10:48 pm
*writewatiwant* says...

Hey Chris! Welcome to YWS! Don't worry, you'll come along. So video games hum?
I don't know the book but it has the name Warcraft? Could it be in any way related to the game Warcraft?

Have you looked around? If so, you may have noticed that some people have jobs.

Blue - Greeters. They welcome the newbies (like WaterVyper, Rosey and Meep above).

Purple - Instructors. They answer your questions and give the most constructive reviews.

Light and dark green - They are Junior Moderators and Moderators. Their job is to overview the greeters and Instructors job and to direct civil discussions, and such.

Red - Administrators. They keep the site running smoothly.

Orange - Basically retired Administrators and Mods.

So, I'll see you around! :D
Piglet: How do you spell love?
Pooh: You don't spell it. You feel it.

The Buddy System Check us out!

In the past I would definitely say who you would find inside. Not so much today. Place is bonkers …. As is everywhere
— Greg Specter