z

Young Writers Society

New kid!

Reviews: 0
Thu Mar 26, 2009 4:53 am
Roxi says...

Hi! I'm a college student. I love reading and writing. I've always known I'd be a writer and I've always been a huge fan of books - I have like a million.

I'm trying to write my first novel but I have a very hard time staying motivated. I've started so many stories and I can never get past a certain point. I joined this forum so I could hopefully get motivated. I need someone to hold me accountable! :D

I'm looking forward to meeting everyone!

Any questions, just ask. I know I was a little vague with my intro. Ah, well.

104 Reviews

Reviews: 104
Thu Mar 26, 2009 6:58 am
Storm_Bringer says...

Hiya there Roxi! I live in Hawaii and Roxy is like a huge market here. Like clothes, shoes, everything. Just thought I'd share that with ya~ :D

So anyways Welcome to YWS! It's awesome! If you have any questions or anything just PM (private message) me. I'd be happy to help! Okay so a few major rules.
1) For every story post you must do two reviews. It shows on your review count, below your name.
2) No chatspeak.
3) ... Uhhh. I'm sure there are more but my mind isn't processing them right now. The Greeters will tell ya everything you need to know.
Okay so you're probably wondering what-the-heck-is-a-Greeter.
Well here in YWS we have color coded names. Black for regular people (like me :lol:),
Blue: Greeters. They basically hover around the Welcome forum and say hi and explain rules to everyone new.
Purples: Instructors. They give some of the bestest critiques, very good. Tell you what to work on, how to make it better, etc.
The Greens are Moderaters and Junior Moderaters (light greens). They help by switching stories from the wrong forums to the right one, and other stuffs.
There are more but I'll let the Greeters tell ya!
So besides that, WELCOME AGAIN! :D :D :D :D :D :D :D
PM me if you want me to review your work~ I'll be happy to do it. If you need anything just ask!
See ya around!
-Storm
"You know when you're in love when you can't fall asleep because reality is finally better than your dreams."
~~~
Need a review?
One Stormy Review Coming Right Up!

122 Reviews

Reviews: 122
Thu Mar 26, 2009 8:35 am
WaterVyper says...

Heya Roxi! It's great to meet you and welcome to YWS!

Now, rules = check
I guess I can go with the colors. Most of the colors have already been explained but there are two more of them:

Red: Administrators, such as Nate, Meshugenah, and Firestarter. They keep the site up and running.

Orange: Distinguished members. They're retired moderators, but they can be reinstated.

Well, those are the last of the colors. Now, tell us more about yourself. What do you like to write? What do you like to read? Favorite books and authors? What are your other hobbies? Interests in movies and music? Other miscellany?

Feel free to PM me for anything you need. I'll be available. I hope to see you around sometime soon. Bye!
There once was a cat.
He wasn’t particularly fat.
Fuzzy was his favorite mat.
And really, that was that.

Oh, but did you really think so?
Keep reading, it’s just the start of the show!
And as for how far this tale will go…
Well, even the cat doesn’t know.

196 Reviews

Reviews: 196
Thu Mar 26, 2009 8:50 am
peanutgallery007 says...

Hi there! I'm peanutgallery007, but you can just call me peanut if you want. The third rule that Storm_Bringer did not get to was that if you have written anything with swearing (we try to keep that to a minimum) or anything that may not be appropriate for people a certain age, then be sure to rate it accordingly. Rate, as in, PG-13 or if it is pretty bad, then R. We want to warn others what they are looking into.

You sound a lot like me even though I am only in seventh grade! I am also writing a novel, but I am doing that with a friend. You may think we would motivate each other, but we are both procrastinators.

Anyway, be sure to check out the groups that we have! All you have to do is click on the icon up at the top that says Groups. You can join whichever group you want, but the ones I would suggest for you are the Novelists group (provides motivation and you can share your experiences and peices so far), and maybe the character development if you need it. I joined those too!:)

Well, since I am rambling I guess I better get going. Don't hesitate to PM me if you need to!:)

P.S. Storm_Bringer, I must critique, Instructors don't give the "bestest" reviews, they give the "greatest" reviews. Sorry, I'm not trying to be mean or anything, I'm just saying. :oops: :wink:
Have a peanut =)

Try your hand at my poetry contest!

Proud LGBT supporter.

566 Reviews

Reviews: 566
Thu Mar 26, 2009 8:56 am
miyaviloves says...

Hey Roxi welcome to YWS!

I am exactly the same when writing, I have only ever finished one novel and it almost killed me. I now have had writers block ever since. Oh dear :(

Let's motivate each other!

Hope you like it here!

Meevs
x
Bag.

Got YWS?

146 Reviews

Reviews: 146
Thu Mar 26, 2009 8:02 pm
SeleneForeverDream says...

Hello Roxi, welcome to YWS!

So I see you know some rules and have the YWS staff down, so why don't I give you some tips on YWS?

1.) We have a wonderful Groups Section here on YWS. There's everything from writing to randomness, and based off of your interests you can join groups.

2.) Be kind to everyone on the site, because that way you'll make lots of friends who will happily review your work.

3.) Put thought into each post, check it over for errors, and don't post for the sake of posting.

Now onto getting to know you better! :D

Who is your favorite author?

What is your favorite book/series/trilogy?

What's your favorite song?

What genre to you prefer to write?

What gives you inspiration to write?

If you have a question about the site, would like a review, or would just like to chat feel free to PM me.
Got YWS?

You judge others upon their actions, but you judge yourself by your intention.

47 Reviews

Reviews: 47
Thu Mar 26, 2009 9:10 pm
imapoemperson says...

Hello, i am imapoemperson, but since that is long and tedious to write you can call me poem.
I am the one writing the book with peanut, and i have to say that we both excel at procrastinating. If you think that writing with another person would be helpful there is a group that you can join that will pair you up with someone. I think it is called 'the Double Trouble Writing Huddle', but i am not positive.
Anyway if you have any questions feel free to pm me. :D
"We played Pin the Tail on the Reason My Life Feels So Insufficient, and nobody won." -Megan Moriarty

1272 Reviews

Reviews: 1272
Thu Mar 26, 2009 10:19 pm
Rosendorn says...

Hiya and welcome!

Just to let you know, a review must be at least three lines long or else it doesn't count. The bonus is, the more you can point out in a work, be it positive or negative, the better your writing gets. ^_^

And, here on YWS we like you to rate your works. Rated works, unless rated R, show up on the front page of YWS! You might even get more comments. ;) Rated R works have the f-word and/or graphic scenes.

Tell us a bit more about yourself! What are your favourite genres? What do you normally write?

I'm working on a novel myself. I hope that with this draft, I'll be able to stop re-writing and keep moving forward. :D

If you have any questions, PM me.

~Rosey
A writer is a world trapped in a person— Victor Hugo

Ink is blood. Paper is bandages. The wounded press books to their heart to know they're not alone.

Reviews: 0
Fri Mar 27, 2009 3:51 am
Roxi says...

Aw, thank you all for being so welcoming!

Now to answer a few of your questions:
I will read seriously anything, but my all-time favorite writer is Jane Austen and my favorite book is Pride and Prejudice. The DaVinci Code, The Great Gatsby, To Kill a Mockingbird, all the classics, anything by Mary Higgins Clark, Nicholas Sparks, Lynn Austin, and so many others. I read poetry, magazines, newspapers, the back of cereal boxes, biographies, encyclopedias (eek!) and text books. I like to learn new things. Not math. But everything else.

I write young adult fiction...either historical or present day. Usually romance and adventure. I've written some poetry.

My inspiration to write is just that: my inspiration to write. It is the fact that I know that is what I'm supposed to do. Something that I absolutely must do.

I love stories. That's why I love reading so much, but I also love movies, too. Anything that takes me to another time and place. I've always had a crazy imagination. My favorite movies are: Walk the Line, Dirty Dancing, Pride and Prejudice, Selena, One Fine Day, Ocean's 11, 12 and 13 the Bourne movies and a lot of others. The list is forever long.

Music is another passion. I love singing and I guess I'm okay at it. I also play violin and piano. I love listening to music, too...some favorites: Elvis Presley, Alicia Keys, Ray Charles, Beyonce, Mariah Carey, Robin Thicke, OneRepublic, Maroon5, Jonny Lang, John Mayer, Johnny Cash, Israel, Frank Sinatra, Dean Martin, Duffy, Kelly Clarkson, Michael Buble, etc., etc.

I can't remember any other questions. I hope I covered everything! :P

P.S. Nice to meet everyone!

356 Reviews

Reviews: 356
Thu Apr 09, 2009 11:39 pm
*writewatiwant* says...

Heya Roxi! I'm a bit late, but still, welcome to YWS! You'll soon be addicted :wink:
It seems you have been very well advised and I will remind you to check the rules. They are important here.
Anyway, Pride and Prejudice, ham? I'm currently reading the book and I have seen the BBC 1995 series. I quite liked it.
I would love to read something by you! My favorite type of reading is Young Adult romances with adventure. I'm a book worm. But I don't write much fiction. I'm more of a poetry person :wink:

If you need anything just PM me!
*Kat*

P.S: I love your avatar! Anything with pianos, I'm in. I love to play. Do you play?
Piglet: How do you spell love?
Pooh: You don't spell it. You feel it.

The Buddy System Check us out!

Proud people breed sad sorrows for themselves.
— Emily Bronte, Wuthering Heights