z

Young Writers Society

Hi... obviously I'm new

Random avatar

Reviews: 0
Thu Mar 26, 2009 3:22 am
skydragoninventor says...

hello everyone. my favorite genre to write is fiction, I love every book, I write normally in a journal (not the computer- i found this site from a friend), and my favorite music is Lifehouse. I get right to the point in things and I already knew what most of you would ask. When I write poetry,I rhyme, not because I want to, but whenever I try to write a poem that doesn't rhyme, it ends up rhyming, somehow, someway. Feel free to be my friend if you are still reading this far.

239 Reviews

Reviews: 239
Thu Mar 26, 2009 4:26 am
MeadowLark says...

Heya there Sky! Can I call you that?

Soo glad you could join us here. I'm going to go over a few rules, just in case.

1) Review at least two works before posting one of yours. We try to keep a 2:1 ratio so everyone's works get a chance of being reviewed and people will review yours back.

2) Not chatspeak please! That's pretty basic eh?

3) Rate your works. Rated works appear on the Index page so everyone can see them. It also makes you feel happy to see them up there ^_^ All rated works appear except the ones rated R.

Well, someone will most likely come along and clarify those up for you. I usually write in notebooks more than on the computer. That's how I started ^_^ I love poems that rhyme. They just seem more fun. I can't wait to read some of your work!

Happy Writing!

Meadow
Purple light in the canyon
that is where I long to be
With my three good companions
just my rifle, pony and me

--- "My Rifle My Pony and Me"

64 Reviews

Reviews: 64
Thu Mar 26, 2009 8:17 am
Syte says...

I think writing in a journal is pretty cool.

Do you just write stories in it, or do you use your journal to write about your day?

I went through several journals when I was in school and I would just use them to write down chapters, ideas, and outlines (I don't outline anymore, because it drives me nuts >.<)

This website comes with a blog, so if you're a journal lover, I'm sure you'll have fun blogging :)

324 Reviews

Reviews: 324
Thu Mar 26, 2009 7:29 pm
Threnody says...

Hi Skydragoninventor!!!!! Welcome to the awesome place that we like to call the [s]asylum[/s] *cough* YWS!

Just a few more rules... (bear with us please. It will definitely enhance your experience here once you know the ropes.)

:arrow: Keep all comments clean! For stories and poems, one may use vulgar language, but this is not the case with comments. All inappropiate comments will be edited.

:arrow: Members are asked to withold on submitting work until they post two reviews. After one has done, a member can submit as much work as he/she may like, although it is requested that one keeps the ratio of reviews to work to at least 2 to 1.

:arrow: If you are not a Mentor or a Moderator, then please do not act like one!

:arrow: The administration reserves the right to delete posts and restrict access.

That's all! Now do keep in mind that the most important one out of these is number 2. That is because if you don't review other people's work, they won't review yours. Simple as that.

Which friend? I want to give them virtual chocolate for suggesting this site!! :D

Poetry.. I'm a poet! I'd love to read some of your work. What kind of poetry do you like writing?

Lifehouse is a good band.

So yes, PM me if you have any questions about anything.

I hope to see you around!

Peace, Love and Sugar Packets~
Forever Threnody
“One sees clearly only with the heart. Anything essential is invisible to the eyes”
~ The Little Prince~

104 Reviews

Reviews: 104
Thu Mar 26, 2009 9:42 pm
Storm_Bringer says...

Hiya there, Skydragoninventor. Wow. A mouthful. :shock:
Anyways WELCOME TO YWS!!!! :D
You will probably love it here. Its awesome to get better at writing, and getting to know other writers.
Okay, so I'm surprised no one covered the colored names, but I'll get right at it!
Colored Names: Each color means different things.

Black: Regular people. Like me and you! :) (there don't do anything, just go around the site, review, yeah.)
Blue: Greeters. They hover around the Welcome forum and Greet all members new! Answers questions, and welcomes you to YWS.
Purple: Instructers. They give super good reviews. They help you a lot on your story/poems, by telling you what to work on what was good, etc.
Light Greens: Junior Moderaters. They moderate some forums.
Dark Greens: Moderaters. They moderate all forums by doing things like; moving your story to the right forum if its in the wrong one, etc.
Red: Administrators. Help make the site run smoother.
Orange: Retired Moderaters or Distinguished Members.
Yep well thats it. Welcome to YSW!!!!!!! If you have any questions or want me to review anything just PM (private message) me!
See ya around!
-Storm

:smt020 :smt020 :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: 8) 8) 8) :smt059 :smt059 :smt059 :smt059 :smt110 :smt110 :pirate2: :smt115 :smt115 :smt081 :smt081
"You know when you're in love when you can't fall asleep because reality is finally better than your dreams."
~~~
Need a review?
One Stormy Review Coming Right Up!

1272 Reviews

Reviews: 1272
Thu Mar 26, 2009 10:15 pm
Rosendorn says...

Hiya and welcome!

So! Just to let you know, we have a bunch of usergroups here on YWS. Just click the big "Groups" button in the header and you'll be able to find them all. ^_^ Check them out! They're a blast.

If you have any questions, PM me.

~Rosey
A writer is a world trapped in a person— Victor Hugo

Ink is blood. Paper is bandages. The wounded press books to their heart to know they're not alone.

Change isn't inherently good, but you can't stop it, so let's just enjoy the ride. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
— TheSilverFox