z

Young Writers Society

looking forward to critique :)

Random avatar

Reviews: 0
Thu Mar 26, 2009 3:08 am
chartreuse says...

Well I suppose the first thing that popped in my head was, does every new member make the dramatic, non-banal entry of a "Hi, just joined!" or something to that effect... XD
So, I am an extremely amateur poet who's been published in youth mags here and there, won some bitty awards here and there, but has never really had any official feedback/critique or formal instruction. Which I am looking forward to here :D

1259 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1259
Thu Mar 26, 2009 3:32 am
Firestarter says...

Hey chartreuse, welcome to YWS! Every member does make the same kind of welcome posts, but that's okay. Everyone has to do it at some point.

That's cool you've been published. Hopefully you'll get some good feedback and constructive criticism for your poetry here, that's what we strive for.

If you have any questions about the site, I'm one of the Junior Administrators here, so PM me if you need anything. Look out for anybody whose name is Red or Green if you want to ask anything, because that means they're part of the Moderating Group, who generally guide the show around here.

Hope you have fun!
Nate wrote:And if YWS ever does become a company, Jack will be the President of European Operations. In fact, I'm just going to call him that anyways.

317 Reviews

Reviews: 317
Thu Mar 26, 2009 4:48 am
mizz-iceberg says...

Welcome to YWS!

We have some great poets, who I'm sure would be more than happy to help you with your poetry. I too am a struggling poet. I haven't really ever got any of my work published.

Anyways, I'm sure you'll find lots of help, and at the same time be able to give lots of help. Other than poetry what do you tend to write? Short Stories? Plays? What's your favorite genre?

Oh and by the way, since you're new, I suggest that you look through the help and support section and read the FAQs, Guides, and Rules. They will be of immense help.

Or you can always PM me if you have any questions or concerns.

Keep writing, posting and reviewing!
See you around.
-Zehra
I'm a godmother, that's a great thing to be, a godmother. She calls me god for short, that's cute, I taught her that.
--Ellen DeGeneres

324 Reviews

Reviews: 324
Thu Mar 26, 2009 7:41 pm
Threnody says...

Hey Chartreuse! (I love that username!)
*Ahem. Ruffles around "welcome" notes.* Welcome to YWS. Yes, I was one of the few people who didn't make their first debut in the Welcome forums. Dunno why but that's how it turned out. I actually had no idea these existed until I was randomly searching the forums. That's a typical me though.

I think that a couple of rules would really help you enjoy your time here. Don't worry, it's a quick process that will stick with you for a long time. Much like bicycle riding. Here they are.

:arrow: Always remember to rate your work if it has vulgar language please rate it "R."

:arrow: Chatspeak is not allowed. This is a writers forum and we stress grammar and spelling a lot.

:arrow: Members are asked to withold on submitting work until they post two reviews. After one has done, a member can submit as much work as he/she may like, although it is requested that one keeps the ratio of reviews to work to at least 2 to 1.

That's all. Quite painless right?

I'm a poet too! You've won awards? Well I suppose it's too late to say congrats but still. Congrats.
I'd like to know what kind of books you enjoy reading?
And what kind of music you enjoy listing too.

I hope you'll enjoy it here and I hope to see you around.

Peace, Love and Sugar Packets~
Forever Threnody
“One sees clearly only with the heart. Anything essential is invisible to the eyes”
~ The Little Prince~

146 Reviews

Reviews: 146
Thu Mar 26, 2009 8:47 pm
SeleneForeverDream says...

Hey Chartreuse, welcome to YWS! You have quite a unique username there. I didn't even know it was a word until I looked it up just a second ago. You learn something knew every day, huh?

Here are some rules and tips adding onto Threnody's:

~ Try not to "flood" the boards with your work. This will discourage members from reviewing it, so please just submit your work one at a time.

~ Put a decent amount of thought into each post and don't post for the sake of posting.

~ Don't be afraid to ask for help if you need it, because everyone here is friendly and will gladly help you through YWS.

So have fun here! If you have a question, would like a review or would just like to chat feel free to PM me.
Last edited by SeleneForeverDream on Thu Mar 26, 2009 11:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Got YWS?

You judge others upon their actions, but you judge yourself by your intention.

104 Reviews

Reviews: 104
Thu Mar 26, 2009 9:51 pm
Storm_Bringer says...

Heya there! Welcome, welcome!
You wons awards! Wow! Congratulations! Yes, well, welcome to YWS. PM me if you need anything/ have any questions... Anything at all! :)
Okay so everyone explained the rules so I'll explain the color coded names.
Color Names:
Black: Regular people. Like me and you! (there don't do anything, just go around the site, review, yeah.)
Blue: Greeters. They hover around the Welcome forum and Greet all members new! Answers questions, and welcomes you to YWS.
Purple: Instructers. They give super good reviews. They help you a lot on your story/poems, by telling you what to work on what was good, etc.
Light Greens: Junior Moderaters. They moderate some forums.
Dark Greens: Moderaters. They moderate all forums by doing things like; moving your story to the right forum if its in the wrong one, etc.
Red: Administrators. Help make the site run smoother.
Orange: Retired Moderaters or Distinguished Members.
Yeah well thats it.
Now about you!
1) What kind of books do you like?
2) Have any favorites?
3) Whats your favorite sport to play?
4) Do you play any instruments?
5) What kind of music do you like?
6) Do you write stories too or just poems?
Okay, thats it. Hopefully I'll see ya around! PM me if you want me to review any of your works.
See ya!
-Storm
"You know when you're in love when you can't fall asleep because reality is finally better than your dreams."
~~~
Need a review?
One Stormy Review Coming Right Up!

1272 Reviews

Reviews: 1272
Thu Mar 26, 2009 10:13 pm
Rosendorn says...

Hiya and welcome!

Just to clear up the little "review" thing: A review must be at least three lines long or else it won't count. The bonus is, the more you can point out, be it positive or negative, the better your writing gets. :D

Have you checked out the Groups button in the header? You should. It's full of great usergroups on almost anything. ^_^ Poke around to find one you're interested in.

If you have any questions, PM me.

~Rosey
A writer is a world trapped in a person— Victor Hugo

Ink is blood. Paper is bandages. The wounded press books to their heart to know they're not alone.

HONK
— The Golden Goose