z

Young Writers Society

"Inspiration For Life"

26 Reviews

Reviews: 26
Tue Mar 24, 2009 10:07 pm
mystymizer says...

Heya! I've been on here awhile now and have realized that I have YET to introduce myself. I do believe this is popostrous! ^^

Anyway,
My name is Mysty and I'm seventeen going on eighteen. I love to write, read, paint, draw, sketch, sing, play guitar, play piano, write music, etc. My life = the arts. I used to attend Centauri Summer Arts Camp which was most definitely the penical of my life, you should all check it out! I am too old to go back there now though so it kind of sucks. At this camp their slogan was, "Inspiration For Life", and this is so true. So much of my writing was inspired by the camp itself and the people in which I had encountered there. This isn't a normal camp, let me tell you. It is a purely ARTS camp! I am a WRITER not a active sport-girl, I hated going to regular camps and having to run around so much but here all I had to do was, well, WRITE. Check it out!

That's 'round about all that needs to be said on me. Oh yeah, and I'm and Irish-Canadian and love it!
- - No one is free while others are oppressed - -
Gandhi.

1272 Reviews

Reviews: 1272
Tue Mar 24, 2009 10:22 pm
View Likes
Rosendorn says...

Hiya and welcome!

Judging by your review count, I figure you know about the 2:1 rule. ;) The two others we have are:

1- Chat-speak is not something YWSers like to see. That means writing with proper grammar, spelling and caps. Some abbreviations like lol, brb, POV, MC and other term abbreviations are fine, just don't overdo it. ^_^

2- We like to see rated works! If your work is rated, and not rated R, it'll show up on the front page of YWS for all to see! You might even get more comments. ;) Rated R works have the f-word and/or graphic scenes.

If you have any questions, feel free to PM me.

~Rosey
A writer is a world trapped in a person— Victor Hugo

Ink is blood. Paper is bandages. The wounded press books to their heart to know they're not alone.

37 Reviews

Reviews: 37
Tue Mar 24, 2009 11:44 pm
Winter's Twelfth Night says...

Hi there! I'm Winter! Welcome to YWS!

Well you've been here for some time, so you are probably familiar with the colors and the rules and the groups and all of that.

So all I have to say is:

Welcome!!

If you have any questions please PM me!
-Winter
Mamillius: Merry or sad shall’t be?
Hermione: As merry as you will.
Mamillius: A sad tale’s best for winter. I have one
Of sprites and goblins.

The Winter's Tale

8 Reviews

Reviews: 8
Wed Mar 25, 2009 12:03 am
How2EataRhesus says...

Hi Mysty, I'm Rhee. Welcome (belatedly, of course) to the forum. :]
I googled Centauri Summer Arts Camp. The writing programs seems pretty awesome! Although I don't really get why the Shakespear students did a Romeo and Juliet performance in clown makeup. And allowed it to be immortalized on the website's homepage. =P I wish I could go, although being in Alabama I'm on the other side of the continent. ;)
Although you probably know the way around by now, don't hesitate to PM me if you have questions.
'Nobody has ever measured, not even poets, how much the heart can hold.' - Zelda Sayre Fitzgerald

61 Reviews

Reviews: 61
Wed Mar 25, 2009 12:21 am
cheese9975 says...

Welcome, welcome! I see that Rosey, being the beast that she is, has already given you the rules.

If you've been around for a while, then I'm assuming that you know your way around, but if you have any questions at all, do NOT hesitate to shoot me a PM!

Stay fly,
Shannon
"The manatee has become the mento." -Tracy Jordan

"Live every week like it's shark week." -Tracy Jordan
^30 Rock is love

26 Reviews

Reviews: 26
Wed Mar 25, 2009 12:26 am
mystymizer says...

Well, How2EataRhesus was it? That was probably the Clowning Portion of the camp! Whacky! There are people from ALL over the world there, my best friend is from HONG KONG because of that camp whereas I live in Canada! ^^ It's a great, international place to be!
- - No one is free while others are oppressed - -
Gandhi.

34 Reviews

Reviews: 34
Wed Mar 25, 2009 12:40 am
Sura says...

Bonjour!
There isn't much left to be said, but I couldn't pass up saying hello.
c :
I'm back!

"Breaking fixed idea!
Throw away the prejudice
that fish live in fish bowls only!"

The poetry of the earth is never dead.
— John Keats