z

Young Writers Society

Care Bear has arrived!

Reviews: 1
Mon Mar 23, 2009 9:27 pm
Care Bear Assassin says...

Sadly, I'm not much of a writer. I prefer to read, review, and then lurk like a ninja in the dead of night.
I've got the basics of the site and rules...I hope. Just in case, can anyone give me the 'insiders 411'?
(Sorry Sura! I took that from you...I lurked in your post :o )
I've decided to be the Paula Abdul of YWS. (Though I'm sure I'm not the only one...maybe.)

34 Reviews

Reviews: 34
Mon Mar 23, 2009 9:32 pm
Sura says...

xD Welcome!

Although this isn't much of an issue for you~ it's important to note that the YWS has a 2:1 review to critique ratio policy. x3
I'm back!

"Breaking fixed idea!
Throw away the prejudice
that fish live in fish bowls only!"

Mon Mar 23, 2009 9:38 pm

Sura wrote:xD Welcome!

Although this isn't much of an issue for you~ it's important to note that the YWS has a 2:1 review to critique ratio policy. x3

I read that. XD I pretty much got all I needed to know from your thread. 8) *Is already hooked on a story*
I've decided to be the Paula Abdul of YWS. (Though I'm sure I'm not the only one...maybe.)

61 Reviews

Reviews: 61
Mon Mar 23, 2009 10:12 pm
cheese9975 says...

Welcome, welcome! I love your username, by the way. I just hope no Care Bears were harmed in the making.

If you aren't much of a writer- don't sweat it! You're welcome to simply be a reviewer (although if you do decide to review something, keep the 2:1 ratio goin' strong, as Sura said), although I bet after a while you'll get the itch to write a little something. Don't hesitate! If you feel like you're enjoying writing something, go ahead and post it! Everyone's very forgiving, mine always start out really bad because I've usually only worked on them for an hour or so.

Also, try to minimize the chatspeak, we prefer proper English. We'll let you by scotch free the first time but after that we unleash the dogs.

Other than that, just spend some time getting to know the site, it's pretty self explanatory. There are some really awesome writers here, as I'm sure you'll find. Also, check over in our Blogs, there's a ton of fun going on over there. On occasion, the chat is opened up, but that's not too often.

If you have any other questions, need anything at ALL, or just want to chit chat, feel free to PM me or sign my guestbook! I try to check in a couple times a week, though I've been uber busy lately so that doesn't always happen.

Good luck!

Stay fly,
Shannon
"The manatee has become the mento." -Tracy Jordan

"Live every week like it's shark week." -Tracy Jordan
^30 Rock is love

1272 Reviews

Reviews: 1272
Mon Mar 23, 2009 10:23 pm
Rosendorn says...

Hiya and welcome!

So, one little inside 411 that you might not know about is the big Groups button in the header. If you click that you'll be directed to a few dozen groups; YWS has one for just about everything. ^_^ Join up! They're a blast.

If you have any questions, PM me.

~Rosey
A writer is a world trapped in a person— Victor Hugo

Ink is blood. Paper is bandages. The wounded press books to their heart to know they're not alone.

8 Reviews

Reviews: 8
Tue Mar 24, 2009 12:22 am
How2EataRhesus says...

Hey Care Bear Assassin, I'm Rhee and I very much envy your username. :]
*racks brain for so-called "insider 411"*
Well, there is the ranking system. Right now you're a New Member - until, that is, you get the massive total of 4 posts, which I know of course will take a lot of strenuous effort.
Novice is 5-14; Junior Writer is 15-49; Writer is 50-99; Senior Writer is 100-249. Novelist is 250-499 and is when you get to use the snazzy custom ranks. Speaker of the Forum starts at 500 and...well, I can't remember the rest. L-;
Oh, and the best parodies you will find are in the Scripts section, excluding Evi's extremely hilarious "If YWS Were School...", which is located in Fanfiction.
Anyways, that's the only real "insider info" I can think of. :) PM me if you have any Qs.
'Nobody has ever measured, not even poets, how much the heart can hold.' - Zelda Sayre Fitzgerald

Fri Apr 03, 2009 4:26 am

salsashanno wrote:Welcome, welcome! I love your username, by the way. I just hope no Care Bears were harmed in the making.

If you aren't much of a writer- don't sweat it! You're welcome to simply be a reviewer (although if you do decide to review something, keep the 2:1 ratio goin' strong, as Sura said), although I bet after a while you'll get the itch to write a little something. Don't hesitate! If you feel like you're enjoying writing something, go ahead and post it! Everyone's very forgiving, mine always start out really bad because I've usually only worked on them for an hour or so.

Also, try to minimize the chatspeak, we prefer proper English. We'll let you by scotch free the first time but after that we unleash the dogs.

Other than that, just spend some time getting to know the site, it's pretty self explanatory. There are some really awesome writers here, as I'm sure you'll find. Also, check over in our Blogs, there's a ton of fun going on over there. On occasion, the chat is opened up, but that's not too often.

If you have any other questions, need anything at ALL, or just want to chit chat, feel free to PM me or sign my guestbook! I try to check in a couple times a week, though I've been uber busy lately so that doesn't always happen.

Good luck!

Stay fly,
Shannon

*comes back a week later to reply* x.x

There were no Care Bears harmed in the making...mostly.

Thank you very much!

~CBA

Fri Apr 03, 2009 4:26 am

Rosey Unicorn wrote:Hiya and welcome!

So, one little inside 411 that you might not know about is the big Groups button in the header. If you click that you'll be directed to a few dozen groups; YWS has one for just about everything. ^_^ Join up! They're a blast.

If you have any questions, PM me.

~Rosey

Thank you so much for the help!

~CBA

Fri Apr 03, 2009 4:28 am
View Likes

How2EataRhesus wrote:Hey Care Bear Assassin, I'm Rhee and I very much envy your username. :]
*racks brain for so-called "insider 411"*
Well, there is the ranking system. Right now you're a New Member - until, that is, you get the massive total of 4 posts, which I know of course will take a lot of strenuous effort.
Novice is 5-14; Junior Writer is 15-49; Writer is 50-99; Senior Writer is 100-249. Novelist is 250-499 and is when you get to use the snazzy custom ranks. Speaker of the Forum starts at 500 and...well, I can't remember the rest. L-;
Oh, and the best parodies you will find are in the Scripts section, excluding Evi's extremely hilarious "If YWS Were School...", which is located in Fanfiction.
Anyways, that's the only real "insider info" I can think of. :) PM me if you have any Qs.

Haha, thank you very much for the "insider 411"!

~CBA

Random avatar

Reviews: 37
Fri Apr 03, 2009 5:49 am
Helpful McHelpfulpants says...

I am deeply suspicious of a thread titled 'Care Bear has arrived' but authored by none other than the 'Care Bear Assassin'.

*narrows eyes* It's all a conspiracy, that much I know. The question is, against who? And am I absolutely sure it's not whom?

AHEM! Welcome unto the fora of our humble abode, etc., etc., hope you enjoy your stay, pay no mind to the professional mutterers, poor dears, they're only trying to do their job.
Nunc lac est bibendum.

Fri Apr 03, 2009 6:16 am

Helpful McHelpfulpants wrote:I am deeply suspicious of a thread titled 'Care Bear has arrived' but authored by none other than the 'Care Bear Assassin'.

*narrows eyes* It's all a conspiracy, that much I know. The question is, against who? And am I absolutely sure it's not whom?

AHEM! Welcome unto the fora of our humble abode, etc., etc., hope you enjoy your stay, pay no mind to the professional mutterers, poor dears, they're only trying to do their job.

It's all a web of lies, deceit, conspiracy, and lots and lots of cake.
Perhaps we shall bring into the equation the Care Bear Witness Protection Program?

Thank you! =D

~CBA

Random avatar

Reviews: 37
Fri Apr 03, 2009 6:33 am
Helpful McHelpfulpants says...

Care Bear Assassin wrote:
Helpful McHelpfulpants wrote:I am deeply suspicious of a thread titled 'Care Bear has arrived' but authored by none other than the 'Care Bear Assassin'.

I spy redundancy! I've caught you red-handed - surely you of all people would know that the cake, by its nature, is a lie! HaHA!!

Perhaps we shall bring into the equation the Care Bear Witness Protection Program?

Thank you! =D

~CBA

They could masquerade as nauseatingly pink stress toys? Or very small walruses?
Nunc lac est bibendum.

47 Reviews

Reviews: 47
Fri Apr 03, 2009 1:01 pm
Shauni says...

Hey, hey, hey... Welcome home. Are you having fun here?
How could nobody explain you the colors?! I shall do it! :D

You may notice that some people have colorful names, isn't it? That's because they have some jobs. They are called the YWS staff. The different colors represent their different jobs:

blues: Greeters. They help the newbies to fit in and supervise them or the first days. They will answer you any question about YWS.

Purples: Instructors. Review your work and work it with you to make the best out of it.

Light green: Junior Moderators. They are in charge for a certain form like oyher poetry, romantic fiction and so on...

Dar Green: Moderators. They boss us. They are in charge of all forums.

Orange: Retired Mods and/or distinguished members.

Red: Administrators.

So, that ir for the YWS rainbow. I hope you enjoy being here.

If you need something, have a question or just wanna chat, PM me anytime. I promise I will answer as soon as possible! :D
Have a nice day...

Best wishes

~Shauni

Fri Apr 03, 2009 8:06 pm

Helpful McHelpfulpants wrote:
Care Bear Assassin wrote:

I spy redundancy! I've caught you red-handed - surely you of all people would know that the cake, by its nature, is a lie! HaHA!!

Thank you! =D

~CBA

They could masquerade as nauseatingly pink stress toys? Or very small walruses?

Cake is a lie? o.o Well don't tell any of the Care Bears that. There might be an uprising!

The CBWPP like to masquerade as Pandas quite often. o:

~CBA
Last edited by Care Bear Assassin on Fri Apr 03, 2009 8:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Fri Apr 03, 2009 8:10 pm

Shauni wrote:Hey, hey, hey... Welcome home. Are you having fun here?
How could nobody explain you the colors?! I shall do it! :D

You may notice that some people have colorful names, isn't it? That's because they have some jobs. They are called the YWS staff. The different colors represent their different jobs:

blues: Greeters. They help the newbies to fit in and supervise them or the first days. They will answer you any question about YWS.

Purples: Instructors. Review your work and work it with you to make the best out of it.

Light green: Junior Moderators. They are in charge for a certain form like oyher poetry, romantic fiction and so on...

Dar Green: Moderators. They boss us. They are in charge of all forums.

Orange: Retired Mods and/or distinguished members.

Red: Administrators.

So, that ir for the YWS rainbow. I hope you enjoy being here.

If you need something, have a question or just wanna chat, PM me anytime. I promise I will answer as soon as possible! :D
Have a nice day...

Best wishes

~Shauni

Haha, now that you point it out, there are colorful names!

Thank you for explaining that to me. =D

~CBA

The beginning of wisdom is to call things by their right names.
— Chinese proverb