z

Young Writers Society

The Random and the Mundane

52 Reviews

Reviews: 52
Mon Mar 23, 2009 6:59 pm
View Likes
chipsandguacamollie says...

As promised by the title, I shall deplore both the unusual things about me, and the normal. I'll start with the random:

1. I love collecting things. I usually only collect something for a few months, or maybe a year or two, before collecting something else. When I was little, I collected pins. Then it was stuffed pink poodles (I was a strange child...), then these flat little shells that I called pancake periwinkles, and last year it was Snapple caps and troll dolls. All Snapple caps have a random fact on the bottom of them, and that's how I ended up learning a bunch of weird stuff. I have hundreds of them, though. The trolls dolls I started collecting because my mom had a few very old ones. I loved them immediately, and started buying more off of Ebay. I have over 30 right now. I think they are just so cool.

2. I'm kind of OCD about my bedroom. If someone touches something on my desk or night stand, I have to move it. Even if it didn't move, I feel compelled to move it back to it's original position. My mom thinks I'm insane because of this.

3. I love dangly, funky earrings. And I tend to play with them a lot when I get bored at school.

4. I have a small green clock in my room that I am freakishly protective of. The alarm on it doesn't even work, and there isn't really anything special about it, but I will not let anyone get rid of it, or touch it. At night when I can't go to sleep, I pace my breathing to it's ticking. That clock is just so dang important to me.

5. I love traveling. I know, that may not sound that random, but it is. Let me explain. For Christmas a few years back, I got the book A Thousand Places to See Before You Die. I read and read and read through it, marking all of the coolest places. Now, whenever someone mentions something even mildly related to a different country, I blurt out several facts about things you can do there, how to get there, or what's special about the hotels there. I know that in the Lesser Antilles you can swim with manta rays that have wing spans of up to 12 feet, and in Canada you can take 11 day treks in the tundra to look at polar bears. I know that Dubai has the world's only "seven star" hotel, and that the Salvador Dali museum in Spain is insanely weird. Traveling is something I have always loved, and I hope to travel to as many places across the world as I can.

I believe by now I have proved what a strange person I am, and I've also run out of weird obsessions to write about. I'm just an odd person, and I like it that way.:D Now, onto the normal!

1. I play tennis and volleyball.
2. I am very focused on doing well in school, so I can get into Harvard and then Harvard Med. and become a pediatric hematologist.
3. I am a huge book worm, especially for fantasy.
4. I love hanging out with my friends, and will miss them terribly next year when I go to private school and they are all elsewhere.
5. I have only been writing novels for a year or two, but have been writing poetry and short stories since I was about four or five.

And... that's about it. Hope you enjoyed.
Last edited by chipsandguacamollie on Mon Mar 23, 2009 7:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like, and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

-Bilbo Baggins, The Fellowship of the Ring, J. R. R. Tolkien

34 Reviews

Reviews: 34
Mon Mar 23, 2009 7:04 pm
Sura says...

:3
I love funky earrings too, but my ears refuse to stay pierced. Dx

O: I live to travel. Where's the coolest place you've been?
Last edited by Sura on Mon Mar 23, 2009 7:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I'm back!

"Breaking fixed idea!
Throw away the prejudice
that fish live in fish bowls only!"

52 Reviews

Mon Mar 23, 2009 7:13 pm

Well, I don't get my passport till the middle of this week, so I haven't been anywhere out of the country, but this summer I get to go to Iguazu Falls, which is right on the border between Brazil and Argentina. It's one of the seven natural wonders of the world, and you can take speedboat tours around the falls, and walk around the paths, and the rainforests are full of butterflies in the summer. I'm so excited.
"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like, and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

34 Reviews

Reviews: 34
Mon Mar 23, 2009 7:33 pm
Sura says...

Wow! That sounds wonderful!
I'm back!

"Breaking fixed idea!
Throw away the prejudice
that fish live in fish bowls only!"

489 Reviews

Reviews: 489
Fri Mar 27, 2009 1:46 am
Dreamwalker says...

I'm friggin OCD about my chapstick O.o

I dont know why it happens, but I end up applying my cherry chapstick every 15 minutes on the clock during school. I only realised I was doing this cause Nick, my one friend, kept telling me that I was and after a while he decided to time it without me knowing.

So yah, we both have an OCD towards something :)

And I didnt know you were uber smart! I am terrible with anything that comes to sciences and such. Like, I was really good at science up till grade 9 and then grade 10 I went downhill. So yah, I moved onto the arts and english. Oh and history. J'aime le Histoire! CX

But yah ^^ I dont think your insane for knowing specific things like travel guides and collecting things. When my cat Motley had kittens, I would sit and whisper lullabies to them everyday because I thought that singing them would hurt their ears and that they looked like they smiled when I sang. They obviously didnt, of course, but yah. I just thought it would be something funny to know.

Oh and in Night In Love, all my characters are unoriginal! I forgot to tell you about that before XD. They are actually based on my friends to an exact tee. Well all of them except Fatred. He's the only exception. LOlz.

So yah, sorry for rambling :)
Suppose for a moment that the heart has two heads, that the heart has been chained and dunked in a glass booth filled with river water. The heart is monologuing about hesitation and fulfillment while behind the red brocade the heart is drowning. - R.S

52 Reviews

Tue Mar 31, 2009 12:16 am

God I hate history. My US history class is sooo boring. But one of my closest friends and the guy I like both love history, so I deal with it. And that's interesting about the chapstick. I suppose most people are obsessive about something or other. And I base characters off my friends too. My main character, Claire, is based off of my friend Claire, and Golden is based off of my friend Jake, though Golden is a bit more obnoxious.

Patience is the strength of the weak, impatience is the weakness of the strong.
— Immanuel Kant, Philosopher