z

Young Writers Society

hi

12 Reviews

Reviews: 12
Sun Mar 22, 2009 4:38 am
JennyLeah says...

Uh... hi. I'm new here, obviously.
And I'm sort of shy and really nervous to be posting my stuff online.
Its a... strange feeling.

228 Reviews

Reviews: 228
Sun Mar 22, 2009 4:54 am
Linx says...

Hi Jenny! Or Leah! I hope you don't mind me calling you just Jenny. :D

Well, anyway, welcome to YWS!

It's okay to be a little scared before posting your first piece. I was too, to tell you the truth.

There are a couple of rules to know before you do actually post your stuff.

1. The 2:1 rule. Here on YWS, we want to review other people's posts, so they can come and review our own. It's important to do at least two reviews before you post anything of your own.

2. No chatspeak, please. This is a writing website. We always want the members to use proper grammar, because we are writers.

3. Rate your works! If you rate your posts, they will appear on the front page, unless it is rated R. If you want to post something that has explicit scenes or uses really really bad language, rate it R.

If you look at the homepage, you can also see a lot of people's names that are colored. They are colored for a reason. Here is what those colors mean:
Light Blue: If the person is light blue, that means they are a greeter. That means that they welcome the new members, like yourself, to the site!

Purple: If the person is purple, that means they are an instructor. The instructors give the best critiques on the site. If you want a really awesome review, look to the purple people!

Orange: If the person is orange, that means they are distinguished members. The distinguished members are members that used to be mods or really active members that have to leave the site or won't be on it as much.

Light Green: If the person is light green, that means they are junior moderators. They help watch the site and make sure nothing bad happens.

Dark Green: If the person is dark green, that means they are the moderators. They are like the junior mods, only they have some more responsibilites. They watch over more stuff and help advise the admins.

Red: If the person is red, that means they are the admins. There are two junior admins: Firestarter and Mesh. The site admin is Nate. They keep the site running, and they are in charge of banning people and stuff like that.

Now that we have all the boring rules out of the way, why not we learn more about you? What genre to you like to write in? Who is your favorite author? What interests do you have?

It's okay to be a little scared here on YWS. If you have any questions about the site, or you just wanna talk, feel free to PM me. I'm almost always available.

*Cat
"A journey of a thousand miles must begin with a single step." ~ Lao-tzu

Attack, IM, or PM me at any time. I will respond. ;)

12 Reviews

Reviews: 12
Sun Mar 22, 2009 5:14 am
JennyLeah says...

I write lyrics mostly, more sad toned, actually. And I write stories every so often, I'm working on one right now. Mostly just girly teenager type books. I actually don't have a favorite author, not really anyway.

And thank you so much! You're very nice.

228 Reviews

Reviews: 228
Sun Mar 22, 2009 5:20 am
Linx says...

Aww...Thank you!

You write lyrics? I love reading lyrics. They sound so beatiful and smooth. I've tried writing lyrics before and it didn't work out that good.

I look forward to seeing that story! :D

*Cat
"A journey of a thousand miles must begin with a single step." ~ Lao-tzu

Attack, IM, or PM me at any time. I will respond. ;)

122 Reviews

Reviews: 122
Sun Mar 22, 2009 5:36 am
WaterVyper says...

Hey Jenny! Great to meet you and welcome to YWS!

Wow, you write lyrics? That's awesome. I can't write lyrics well; something about the rhythm and rhyme throws me off when I attempt to write lyrics. Might be just me, but lyrics are awesome. And what do you mean by girly, teenager type stories? Like Meg Cabot? They're not really to my taste, but they are good reads, from what my friends tell me.

Anyway, great to meet you again! Cat already explained rules and colors, so I guess I have other questions to ask. You say you like sad toned stuff, so who or what inspires you? Favorite bands? Interests in movies? Hobbies? Tell us more about yourself.

And so, see ya around sometime. Feel free to PM me for anything you need. I hope to see ya around!
There once was a cat.
He wasn’t particularly fat.
Fuzzy was his favorite mat.
And really, that was that.

Oh, but did you really think so?
Keep reading, it’s just the start of the show!
And as for how far this tale will go…
Well, even the cat doesn’t know.

1272 Reviews

Reviews: 1272
Sun Mar 22, 2009 5:01 pm
Rosendorn says...

Hiya and welcome!

Just a note: A "review" must be at least three lines long or else it won't count. The bonus is, the more you can pick out in others' works be it positive or negative, the better your own writing gets.

Also, did you notice the big Groups button in the header? If you click it, you'll be directed to a bunch of groups; one for just about everything. Poke around to find one that you like.

If you have any questions, feel free to PM me.

~Rosey
A writer is a world trapped in a person— Victor Hugo

Ink is blood. Paper is bandages. The wounded press books to their heart to know they're not alone.

It takes as much imagination to create debt as to create income.
— Leandro Orr