z

Young Writers Society

It began in mystery, and it will end in mystery...

21 Reviews

Reviews: 21
Sun Mar 22, 2009 3:28 am
Anna09 says...

*waves* Salut!
So, my name's Anna, for those who don't know. I'm writing here while I wait for my songs to download off of YouTube and onto my ipod.
Illegal?
Possibly. 8) You see, the thing is, there is no way that I am paying eleven dollars for three songs. -_- I mean, come on. I don't even have a job...:)
Anyway! About me...

I love the idea of this board-imagine, a place where writers go, talk endless about themselves, and get responses! Cool, right? Anyway, back to the topic at hand, I'm sixteen years old....hm, what more to say? Obviously, I like to write. I've played the piano ever since I was little, and my teacher has a recital at the end of every semester. This spring, I'm playing a monster-a beautiful monster, but a monster none the less. It's called The Lark, and you see it here--> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xh4uYeypFgY
Doesn't it lower your self-esteem when you see someone half your age effortlessly playing something that you have to really struggle with? :P As you can imagine, I'm a bit nervous about the recital, as the piece (all six pages of it) must be memorized.

Besides the piano, I also play the clarinet for my high school band (third chair!). I'm lucky to have such a good music program at my school, we're always winning awards for both marching, and post-marching season, for the music.
Oh, marching season. Anyone who has been in band understands marching season. -_-
I'm on the color guard, and it's fun, I suppose. Just a lot of work-and we have a strict teacher.
Hm, what else? My absolute favorite piano piece, one that I hope to play in the next couple of years is http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W-Qb7AS1 ... D&index=22
Check it out. It. Is. Awesome. :) One problem with playing pieces by Rachmaninoff is that, well, Rachmaninoff had big hands. As in huge hands. I don't. Most people don't, in fact. So, Rachmaninoff wrote piece that he could play-and they include big chords, that can be hard to reach. O_O

One book that I'm reading now (actually for the second time) is Shantaram by Gregory David Roberts.
It. Is. Awesome. Like, amazing. Awesome. I can't even describe it, not fully anyways. Really, you need to go out and get it.

Well, what else to say? I love the movie, Moulin Rouge-the recent one. It 'tis awesome, and the songs are wonderful. Other movies that I love: All LOTR, Phantom of the Opera (I must've watched it a hundred times by now, I know all the songs by heart), Les Choristes (absolutly breathtaking singing by Jean-Baptiste Maunier), Moulin Rouge, and more.

Also, to explain the title, I love quotes. The title is a quote: "It began in mystery, and it will end in mystery, but what a savage and beautiful country lies in between."I got that from a quote website to use as a writing prompt. I got 834 words in 15 min. off of that. I like doing prompts, I find a good quote, give myself fifteen minutes, and write as much as I possibly can. I put most of my responses
here.

Wow, this turned out to be quite longer than I thought it would be! I keep thinking that there is something that I need to add, but I suppose that this is enough. If you made it through all of that, congrats for your persistence ;)

34 Reviews

Reviews: 34
Mon Mar 23, 2009 6:54 pm
Sura says...

Salut!

I'm a band geek too! I play the oboe for concert and trumpet for marching. : D
AND HOMG. MOULIN ROUGE = LOVE.
I'm back!

"Breaking fixed idea!
Throw away the prejudice
that fish live in fish bowls only!"

71 Reviews

Reviews: 71
Sat Apr 18, 2009 6:49 pm
fragile_heart(!) says...

Hi there!
I am also a band geek. I play alto sax, and I love my music teacher. He is epitome of AWESOME. :3
Anyways, I can totally understand. I have played piano since I was young, and I was trying to play this piano piece the other day when I found out my hands weren't big enough. Poo -_-.

I haven't seen Moulin Rouge or Phantom of the Opera, but my friend claims it to be the best movie ever. I guess I'll have to check it out sometime.

Aurevoir! :3

Remember the rain that made your corn grow.
— Haitian Proverb