z

Young Writers Society

Er, hey there

Reviews: 0
Sat Mar 21, 2009 11:24 pm
Eruravenne says...

Well, uh, I was referred here by one of your moderators named Teague. She seemed nice, so I decided to come take a peek at this place. I'm hoping that I'll eventually be able to come out of my writing shell and actually show another person something I've written. Heh...

Anyway, I guess I'll go look around the forums a bit or something. See you around.

115 Reviews

Reviews: 115
Sat Mar 21, 2009 11:30 pm
mhmmcolleenx0 says...

Hello, welcome to the site. Here are some of the main rules.

1. You must review two works before posting something of your own. People are more likely to review something of yours if you review other people's work.

2. Limit chat-speak. Please don't use 'dat' for 'that'. Or 'dis' for this. It's just annoying, please use proper grammar and spelling.

3. Rate your works, if something has the f-word or very graphic scenes, rate it 'R'.

So, here are some questions so we can get to know you a little better. :D

What genre do you write in?
What music do you like?
What's your favorite book?

Have fun on YWS! :D
"Can't stop, won't stop. I must be dreaming."

Reviews: 0
Sat Mar 21, 2009 11:52 pm
Eruravenne says...

Thank you. Don't worry, I read the rules and I find chat speak to be a plague on humanity. :roll:

Well, I write mostly fantasy and science fiction. I like a wide range of music, but some of my favorite genres are classic rock, techno, 80s pop/rock and orchestral/choral pieces. And I don't have a single favorite book, but some I really love are The Snow Queen by Joan D. Vinge, Good Omens by Neil Gaiman and Terry Pratchett, the Artemis Fowl series by Eoin Colfer, A Series of Unfortunate Events by Lemony Snicket and The Edge Chronicles by Paul Stewart and Chris Riddell. :)

1272 Reviews

Reviews: 1272
Sun Mar 22, 2009 12:29 am
Rosendorn says...

Hiya and welcome!

Random notes:

A "Review" must be at least three lines or else it doesn't count. Bonus to this: The more you can pick out in others' work, be it positive or negative, the better your writing gets.

If you rate your works (and they aren't rated R) they will show up on the front page of YWS.

Don't flood the boards with your work. Members will get turned off if they see a bunch of threads by the same author.

~~

Now that that's over with, random comments (As you will soon learn, we are all a bit random/nuts here :P)

I love fantasy! It's pretty much my lifeblood. Even though I don't like vampires and werewolves (or horror in general). What kind of fantasy do you write?

Your avatar is interesting. I'm not one for anime, but I think it comes from that style?

If you have any questions, PM me.

~Rosey
A writer is a world trapped in a person— Victor Hugo

Ink is blood. Paper is bandages. The wounded press books to their heart to know they're not alone.

122 Reviews

Reviews: 122
Sun Mar 22, 2009 3:32 am
WaterVyper says...

Hi and welcome to YWS! It's great to see you here.

Looks like everything's done already, so I don't have much to say. If you like speculative fiction, we have a bunch of usergroups dedicated to it. Try here, here, here, and a whole lot more. There are tons of them, and I'm sure you'll find some you like. Usergroups are created for people who share similar interests.

Well, I can't say that my forte is fantasy and science fiction. They're quite difficult to write well, in my opinion. The fantasy and sci-fi community is bursting here, so I'm sure you'll fit right in.

Well, welcome to YWS. Hope you have a great stay here. See ya around sometime!
There once was a cat.
He wasn’t particularly fat.
Fuzzy was his favorite mat.
And really, that was that.

Oh, but did you really think so?
Keep reading, it’s just the start of the show!
And as for how far this tale will go…
Well, even the cat doesn’t know.

61 Reviews

Reviews: 61
Sun Mar 22, 2009 3:52 am
cheese9975 says...

Hiya! Welcome, welcome, welcome!

I see you've already been shown the rules. Don't worry, we let you off the first time with a warning, if you break 'em again we start to bite.

I'm sure you'll become comfortable with posting something you've written soon. Don't hesitate! If you want to, go for it! I'm sure for everything you've written, most of the reviewers have read twenty pieces worse on this site.

What's great about doing this online is just that-- it's online! You don't have to worry about the people who are reading your stuff! Chances are, you'll never meet them in real life. Most people are very knowledgeable and helpful with everything, I know I've learned a lot about myself and my writing from the site.

Good luck!

If you need ANYTHING, do not hesitate to contact me!

Stay fly,
Shannon
"The manatee has become the mento." -Tracy Jordan

"Live every week like it's shark week." -Tracy Jordan
^30 Rock is love

Minds are like parachutes. They only function when they are open.
— Sir James Dewar, Scientist