z

Young Writers Society

Howdy

Reviews: 0
Sat Mar 21, 2009 2:11 pm
plug-in-baby says...

Hiya all,
I'm Plug-In-Baby but I'll go by Pib. I love writing - and yes i'm definitely one of those people who procrastinate and put of maths assignments telling my mother i have an english assignment due- seriously ma, no person has an english assignment 52 weeks of the year. Anyway i find inspiration from almost anything, including my all time favourite band Muse :). Also a huge fan of Jennifer Rardin, if you don't know who she is, use that computer of yours to find out just how spiffy she is. She inspired me in many ways, one being she actually talks to her fans - pretty awesome i know xD. anyway that's a bit about me, and why i write. Please check out my work- sounds needy i know- but ya gotta recruit fans when ya can. Anyway give me a holla sometime.

Pib

1272 Reviews

Reviews: 1272
Sat Mar 21, 2009 3:22 pm
Rosendorn says...

Hiya and welcome!

Here at YWS, we have a handful of rules that every member must abide by.

1- Review two works before posting any of your own. A "review" being at least three lines long, or else it won't count. That helps spread the reviews around, plus people are usually willing to return the favour. ;) It's asked you always keep that 2:1 ratio.

2- No chat-speak. That means proper grammar, spelling and caps. Some abbreviations like lol, brb, POV and MC are fine, (you'll notice all those are term abbreviations), but stuff like gr8 for great can drive members up the wall.

3- Rated works are what we like to see! If you rate your work, and it's not rated R, it'll show up on the front page of YWS. You might even get more comments. ^_^ Rated R works have the f-word and/or graphic scenes.

You do realize that now there will be a bunch of people claiming to have an English asignment so the can write on here? Although, I think at one point, just about everybody's done that. :P

What genres do you write in?

If you have any questions, PM me.

~Rosey
A writer is a world trapped in a person— Victor Hugo

Ink is blood. Paper is bandages. The wounded press books to their heart to know they're not alone.

Sat Mar 21, 2009 3:30 pm
plug-in-baby says...

Thanks for the reply Rosey :). Mainly I write in fiction, fantasy - I blame my addiction on the Twilight and Jaz Parks series. But lately i've been trying to go down the more realistic path seeing as writing about manipulating werewolves dosen't really have anything to do with challanging gender roles ( a short story topic i had to actually write about for english). And oops didn't know the rules on reviewing, I shall dig into that now.

1272 Reviews

Reviews: 1272
Sat Mar 21, 2009 3:37 pm
Rosendorn says...

Fantasy is my preferred genre as well! Although I tend to avoid werewolves and vampires. It's just not my thing.

The only "realistic" stuff I've written is short stories. And those tend to have something about magic, or a spontanious even in them. :lol: I just can't avoid magic. My long works are fantasy though.
A writer is a world trapped in a person— Victor Hugo

Ink is blood. Paper is bandages. The wounded press books to their heart to know they're not alone.

115 Reviews

Reviews: 115
Sat Mar 21, 2009 3:39 pm
mhmmcolleenx0 says...

So, hello! You're right, 'hi' is kind of outdated. :) Well, here are some jobs here on YWS. You'll know what job a person has by the color of their user name.

Purple: Instructor, they give the best and most in depth reviews.
Light Blue: Greeters, they welcome new members and answer their questions about the site.
Light Green: Junior Moderators, they can moderate some forums.
Dark Green: Moderators, they can moderate all forums
Red: Site Administrators, they keep the site running smoothly
Orange: Distinguished Members, retired moderators.

So, here are some questions.

What is your favorite band or singer?
What is your favorite book?
What is your favorite movie?

Have fun on YWS!
"Can't stop, won't stop. I must be dreaming."

Sat Mar 21, 2009 3:50 pm
plug-in-baby says...

Agreed, magic just makes everything, um magical? I'm trying to steer clear of vamps and werewolves these days when i write - it seems they've been covered quite a bit. I'll have to check out some of your work :) - yes i also am a victim to a disease known as to-many-smily-osis. Apparently its contagious.

Oo the questions, hard ones to answer too.
Favourite band - Muse but only my the tiniest amount, Jack's Mannequin is closely in the running. Oh & Hana Pestle - that girls got one heck of a voice.
Favourite book - One more bite, Jennifer Rardin, or Twilight . Though i'm a firm believer that books are always better than the movies. Watching it on screen dosen't evoke the same impact somehow.
Favourite movie is by far is Romeo and Juliet - the Leonardo Dicaprio addition followed closely by Shakespeare in love :)

36 Reviews

Reviews: 36
Sat Mar 21, 2009 5:32 pm
deleted_5 says...

So, you like Twilight, werewolves, and stuff like that? Neat. I'm not one for Twilight though. But if you like fantasy creatures, you should look at the group things.
If you click on the group button, it takes you to a forum with different groups with a topic. For example, there's a fantasy creatures, Harry Potter, debate club, and a lot more. They are really fun. Take a visit there sometime. I bet you'll have a blast!

I agree with you on the fact that books are better than movies, by far.

Well, it was nice meeting you! I'm sure you'll love it here. Everyone does! PM me if you have any questions you want answered or if you just want to chat!!

Lucy Pennykettle
I hate television. I hate it as much as I hate peanuts. But I can't stop eating peanuts. I also hate being on television, I hate it as much as people hate chocolate. But they always want chocolate.

146 Reviews

Reviews: 146
Sat Mar 21, 2009 7:04 pm
SeleneForeverDream says...

Hello, welcome to YWS! I've been watching Twilight all morning because I got the DVD last night, so it's nice to see a fellow Twilighter! There's a group in the Group section just for Twilight lovers called "Alice Cullen Knows Your Next Move". I'm sure if your interested you'll find fellow Twilight junkies ;) like myself.

So if you've noticed that some posts cost points, this is our Points System. Here's how it works:

Submitting Work

~ This can cost 150 points if you are posting your own work in the Fiction, Poetry and the Miscellaneous Work. You can also receive a maximum of 50 points back depending upon how much you have written.

~If you are creating a storybook you need to
Got YWS?

You judge others upon their actions, but you judge yourself by your intention.

You cannot understand and disagree.
— P. D. Ouspensky