z

Young Writers Society

Random avatar

Reviews: 0
Sat Mar 21, 2009 1:15 pm
CopperCurrency says...

HI everyone! I'm new looking for some new friends and people who love to write. Looks like I'm in the right place for writers.

146 Reviews

Reviews: 146
Sat Mar 21, 2009 1:49 pm
SeleneForeverDream says...

Yes CopperCurrency, you are in the right place! Welcome to the wonderful world of YWS!

Here are a few rules to start you off:

1.) We have a 2:1 ratio here when it comes to posting. Please review at least two pieces of work before submitting your own.

2.) No chat-speak and caps lock when posting. That means talking like "dats gr8 l8r i luv u" and "YOU ROCK, GREAT JOB!"

3.) Make sure your reviews are at least three sentences long or it will not count as a review.

On to my questions on getting to know you better. :D

What are you currently writing?

Who's your favorite author?

What books do you like to read?

What is your favorite genre?

If you have any questions, would like me to review your work, or would just like to chat, feel free to PM me.
Got YWS?

You judge others upon their actions, but you judge yourself by your intention.

36 Reviews

Reviews: 36
Sat Mar 21, 2009 2:05 pm
deleted_5 says...

Hey Copper,
Welcome to YWS!! :D It looks like Selene went over most of the rules for you. I don't know how long you've been on here. But you've probably seen people's usernames have quite colourful names. They stang for people who have a special job. These are the colours and what they mean:

Purple: Instructors, they give the best reviews, so feel free to ask them for one.
Light Blue: Greeters, they welcome new members and make sure to answer any questions they may have about the site.
Light Green: Junior moderators, they can moderate some forums.
Dark Green: Moderators, they have moderating powers in all forums.
Red: Site administrators, they keep the site running smoothly.
Orange: Distinguished members, retired mods.

So, what do you like to write? I prefer adventure fiction. How about you? Selene asked all the good questions, so I'll just put that one! :) :P :D Have an awesome time in YWS!!! Feel free to PM (private message) me if you have any questions you want answered, a critique, or if you need someone to talk to. I'll be there. Once again welcom to YWS. :D

Lucy Pennykettle
I hate television. I hate it as much as I hate peanuts. But I can't stop eating peanuts. I also hate being on television, I hate it as much as people hate chocolate. But they always want chocolate.

1272 Reviews

Reviews: 1272
Sat Mar 21, 2009 3:27 pm
Rosendorn says...

Hiya and welcome!

To expand on the stuff Seline said, if you talk like that (her chat-speak example) some members might send the hounds on you. Kidding! Maybe..... ;)

And, here at YWS we like you to rate your works! Rated works, unless rated R, show up on the front page of YWS. You might even get more comments. ^_^ Rated R works have the f-word and/or graphic scenes.

If you have any questions, PM me.

~Rosey
A writer is a world trapped in a person— Victor Hugo

Ink is blood. Paper is bandages. The wounded press books to their heart to know they're not alone.

37 Reviews

Reviews: 37
Sat Mar 21, 2009 9:50 pm
Winter's Twelfth Night says...

Hi there Copper! I'm Winter.
I hope you don't mind if I call you Copper. People like to shorten each other's names on YWS.

So, what type of music do you listen to? Do you play an instrument? Or speak a foreign language? What's your favorite color?

If you have any questions, please PM me!
-Winter
Mamillius: Merry or sad shall’t be?
Hermione: As merry as you will.
Mamillius: A sad tale’s best for winter. I have one
Of sprites and goblins.

The Winter's Tale

Random avatar

Reviews: 23
Sat Mar 21, 2009 9:55 pm
lukas8u says...

The rules-
1. No chat speak when doing anything formal- In a review for instance. When in a chat or writing in a blog feel free to do so then.
2. No caps lock. UNDERSTOOD?
3. Don't be A HYPOCRITE.
4. I'm confusing yourself.
5. Take cover as a swarm of wanting to be the next greeters attack with dry, stale and prescripted questions like, where you from, and so on.
6. Don't take advice from me.
7. Adopt a Llama.
8. Write crappy Twilight parody's.
9. Always be nice. OR ELSE!!!
10. Did I break another rule?
11. Me confuzzled!!
12. System overload.

:smt017 :smt017 :smt017
:shock:
:thud:

13. Follow the 2:1 ratio, have two review's for every one work of your own.

But in all seriousness, follow those first 3 rules and the 13.
Political blog, (with a liberal lean)
Here

A cynic is a man who knows the price of everything, and the value of nothing.
— Oscar Wilde