z

Young Writers Society

the::crawl

Reviews: 3
Fri Mar 20, 2009 12:18 am
Lizzard says...

Hello., I'm Lizzard. I am 14. I live in Kent. I've been reading since the womb. Yes, I had a little book with me in there. Painful for mummy but beneficial for me. At a very young age I started writing scripts but now I am trying to get into fictions. I'm taking a little break from script writing and directing because it is too time consuming. I'm glad to be n a community with others who have creative minds like myself. I'm looking forward to reading your works.

A.L[[LIZZARD]]

146 Reviews

Reviews: 146
Fri Mar 20, 2009 1:08 am
SeleneForeverDream says...

Hey Lizzard, welcome to YWS! I caught it the second I went into this thread that you have an awesome sense of humor. That's always really enjoyable around here. :D

So here are some rules to follow while your here.

1.) No chat-speak, like brb and luva, you know. Lol and POV are ok.

2.) No caps lock. NO ONE ON THIS SITE WANTS TO SEE YOU TALKING LIKE THIS.

3.) We have a 2:1 ratio here when it comes to submitting and reviewing. This means you must have 2 reviews for each time you submit your own work. So what I'm really begging you to do is don't just start posting your own work right away, because I promise you it won't be reviewed. You need at least two reviews. Do this and I will love you. :)

4.) Be kind and considerate to others while on the site, whether your in the Debating Group to your blog. Be kind where-ever you are and I'm sure you'll have a bunch of friends in no time.

5.) Rate all your work. If it has mature content, like sex scenes, and the f-word, please rate it R.

6.) You may choose groups to join based off of your interests. We have everything from random to writing.

7.) Make sure your reviews are at least three sentences long or it will not count as a review. Do not write "That was awesome, keep writing!" because it's not a review.

That's it for my little pointers. So tell me about yourself.

Who's your favorite author?

What are you currently writing?

Favorite movie?

What is your favorite genre to write?

If you have a question, would like a review or just want to chat feel free to PM me! :D
Got YWS?

You judge others upon their actions, but you judge yourself by your intention.

89 Reviews

Reviews: 89
Fri Mar 20, 2009 1:51 pm
mimimac says...

Hey! Welcome to the YWS!
*hand Lizzard a pink cookie of friendship* (I'm giivng loads of these rainbow cookies today :P)
So...
Whose your favourite author?
What are your hobbies?
What genre do you like reading?
Any favourite movies or books?

PM me if you want a review or just need something!
xxmimixx
-mors aut honorabilis vita-

Forget the prince with a horse, I want a vampire with a volvo.

37 Reviews

Reviews: 37
Fri Mar 20, 2009 2:06 pm
Winter's Twelfth Night says...

Welcome to YWS, Lizzard! I'm Winter.

You might be wondering why some of us have different colored usernames:
Blue: We are the greeters! We greet the new members and make them feel welcome!
Purple: The instructors. They give wonderful in-depth reviews. If you ever need a review, just PM one of the instructors. They're always happy to help.
Light Green/Green: Junior Mods/Mods. They make sure everyone is following the rules.
Red: Administrators.
Orange: Distinguished members. Usually retired mods.

I hope you're having a great time here! Don't worry if you become addicted, we all do eventually. :D

If you have any questions please send me a PM!
-Winter
Mamillius: Merry or sad shall’t be?
Hermione: As merry as you will.
Mamillius: A sad tale’s best for winter. I have one
Of sprites and goblins.

The Winter's Tale

51 Reviews

Reviews: 51
Fri Mar 20, 2009 2:18 pm
Mira says...

Hi, Lizzard! Welcome to the wonderful world of YWS!

So, what kind of genre do you usually write? Can I know a bit more about your script writing? ^-^ I've always wanted to direct a movie myself, but I can't seem to write a script like I could a novel.

PM me if you need anything. I may not know everything, but I can try to help with whatever. It's nice to meet you!

@;~ Saph
"Smiles make the world go round." ~ Me

1272 Reviews

Reviews: 1272
Fri Mar 20, 2009 5:01 pm
Rosendorn says...

Hiya and welcome!

I see you have taken the 2:1 ratio to heart. ^_^

I admire you for being able to write a script. Ever heard of Script Frenzy? It's where you write a 100 page script in the month of April.

And here's a little tip: Don't flood the lit. boards with your work. That means only posting about one thing a day. Members get turned off if they see a bunch of threads by the same author. ^_^

If you have any questions, PM me.

~Rosey
A writer is a world trapped in a person— Victor Hugo

Ink is blood. Paper is bandages. The wounded press books to their heart to know they're not alone.

Random avatar

Reviews: 20
Fri Mar 20, 2009 8:30 pm
MySunshine says...

Hey Lizzard, and welcome to YWS :D

You seem to be a very awesome person, and very experienced as well!
So what kind of fiction do you write?

What are your other hobbies? Favorite authors/books and movies? What do you want to study later on?

Feel free to PM me if you need any help, or just want to talk!
Have a fun time here ;)
MySunshine
♥And if you go, I wanna go with you. And if you die, I wanna die with you♥

36 Reviews

Reviews: 36
Sat Mar 21, 2009 12:09 am
deleted_5 says...

Jeez, MySunshine always beats me here!

Hey Lizzard! Welcome to YWS!! (for what, the fifth millionth time? :D )
It looks like none of the other runts have posted, so that's good. :D :lol:
No one has talked about the groups, so I will.

Here in YWS, we have groups. You can join any group at any time. They are really fun!! There's a group for everything!! And, if you can't find a group you like, or there's one that you want to form, you can. It's really simple. I bet you'll love it there!

PM me if you have any questions and I'll be glad to answer them. Have a fun time on YWS!!

Lucy Pennykettle
I hate television. I hate it as much as I hate peanuts. But I can't stop eating peanuts. I also hate being on television, I hate it as much as people hate chocolate. But they always want chocolate.

Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it.
— George Santayana