z

Young Writers Society

Hi!

6 Reviews

Reviews: 6
Thu Mar 19, 2009 2:10 am
Autumn Silence says...

Well, I've been watching this web-site for about a month and I've finally decided to get an account! I'm Autumn Silence but I'll go by Audy or Sil. Death Cab For Cutie is one of my all time favorite bands, along with The Cure, A Fine Frenzy, The Uglysuit and let us not forget about the Beatles!

Fantasy is my best genre to write in. Horror is my favorite to read and to tell the truth, Romance scares me(trust me, long story).

Spirited Away is my favorite movie(notice the icon), but all of Miyazaki's films are awesome. Death Note and Blood+ are my favorite anime TV shows, I watch the reruns everytime they come on. Hehe.

I'm a total bookworm and my brothers think I'm crazy because I read the HP books in less then a week and a half.

Yeah, so. That's it but if you have any questions for me please ask away! :D
Humans have a knack for choosing precisely the things that are worst for them.
~J.K. Rowling

239 Reviews

Reviews: 239
Thu Mar 19, 2009 2:18 am
MeadowLark says...

Heya Autumn! Will you go by that too? It's a rather nice name. Oh! Welcome to YWS!

You've watched us for a month?! Well, maybe you do know the rules already but I'm a going to go over them ^_^

1) Review two works before posting your own. We like to keep a 2:1 ratio on here so everyone's works get a chance at being reviewed. This site is to help improve your writing after all.

2) No chatspeak! It's annoying and kind of hard to decipher at times (at least for me).

3) Rate your works. Rated works, except the ones rated R, will have a chance at being previewed on the Indez page. Rated R works have the f-word, gory and sexual scenes.

Well, that's all! So, you like to write fantasy? Same here! I usually haunt the fantasy forum so I hope to see your works there ^_^

My brother and dad think I'm crazy for finishing a really thick book in a day so I know how you feel ^_^ My favourite HP book is the third one. It's the best!

Happy Writing!

Meadow
Purple light in the canyon
that is where I long to be
With my three good companions
just my rifle, pony and me

--- "My Rifle My Pony and Me"

115 Reviews

Reviews: 115
Thu Mar 19, 2009 2:38 am
mhmmcolleenx0 says...

Hello. I would just like to tell you some of the jobs here on YWS! The color of someones user name is what their job is.

Purple: Instructors, they give the best reviews, so feel free to ask them for one.
Light Blue: Greeters, they welcome new members and make sure to answer any questions they may have about the site.
Light Green: Junior moderators, they can moderate some forums.
Dark Green: Moderators, they have moderating powers in all forums.
Red: Site administrators, they keep the site running smoothly.
Orange: Distinguished members, retired mods.

I don't really write fantasy, but I like to read it. I'm not usually able to create a nice enough plot for a good fantasy story. However, if you post something I'll probably end up reading it.

I read really long books pretty fast too. I only read the first three HP books, those actually took me awhile. I read Twilight in like, a day and a half. So, have fun on YWS!
"Can't stop, won't stop. I must be dreaming."

135 Reviews

Reviews: 135
Thu Mar 19, 2009 2:52 am
ballerina13 says...

Hi!

Well, it seems to be that everyone has told you of the rules here. So, how are you? Who are your favorite authors? But just remember seeing that this is a writing we site, we do not use chat speak. An occasional 'lol' is alright know and then but do not go overboard! :) Well, I hope to see you around. PM me if you need anything.

~ Ballerina13

268 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 268
Thu Mar 19, 2009 3:43 am
Adnamarine says...

Hi! Such an original greeting, no?

Your avatar is awesome. Somebody else had that... and I can't remember who! This is going to bother me...

Death Cab for Cutie, the Cure, the Beatles, three of the best bands ever! *sings* "I wanna hold your ha-a-and..." *cough* anyway.

Good taste in music is certainly a point in your favour. :P Bookworms ftw! And you have a review up already. Good for you. :)

Speaking of reviews, fantasy is one of my favourite things to read. If you want a review for something of yours, gimme! You can PM me, or you can post in my 'will review for food' thread. Will Review for Food is a sub-forum of the Lounge. Here's the link: forum188.html
And here's the link to my thread there: topic45128.html Just post a link there, if you want. :)

If you have any questions about anything here, want some tips, directions to fun things to do, let me know! You've only to ask and you'll have your own personal guide.

Oh and one more thing: thank goodness for Nate, right? (he's the creator and admin, in case you didn't hear) I like to mention one in a while how amazing he is. Just wait; you'll agree with me, if you don't already.

Welcome aboard, newbie ;)
"Half the time the poem writes me." ~Meshugenah

6 Reviews

Reviews: 6
Thu Mar 19, 2009 5:30 am
Autumn Silence says...

MeadowLark: My favorite HP book is the Half-Blood Prince, it was incredible.

mhmmcolleenx0: It took me four hours to read Twilight, but I didn't like it or the other books. Don't eat me for saying that though... XD

ballerina13: Sylvia Plath is my favorite author, she wrote 'The Bell Jar'. But Diana Wynne Jones is at a tie with her because of her book 'Howl's Moving Castle' which is also a Miyazaki film.

Adnamarine: I'll be sure to let you know first thing when I post something of mine! :D
My favorite song by the Cure is 'Friday I'm In Love', what's yours?
Humans have a knack for choosing precisely the things that are worst for them.
~J.K. Rowling

Random avatar

Reviews: 20
Thu Mar 19, 2009 9:31 am
MySunshine says...

Welcome to YWS, Autumn ... Audy :D

I know A Fine Frenzy! *ecstatic* It's a she, right? At least I think so, because I've been listening to "Almost Lover" for quite a while now :)

Really? How can Romance scare you? With me, it's the other way around - Horror scares me ...

Well, you pretty much answered all the questions I usually ask, so ...
Have a fun time around ;) And feel free to PM me if you need any help!

MySunshine
♥And if you go, I wanna go with you. And if you die, I wanna die with you♥

36 Reviews

Reviews: 36
Thu Mar 19, 2009 12:19 pm
deleted_5 says...

Hi Audy. I'm glad to know I'm not the only one who read HP really fast. I read all of the books in six days. It was in the summer. I read very late at night and basically stay in my room all day!! :D

Anywho, I'm glad to know you like to write fiction. I basically live off of it. So I can't wait to see what stories you post!! (after you're two reviews of course :P :D )

So, I didn't see anything about groups, so I'll tell you a little about them.

If you click on the big 'groups' button, it will take you to a forum with a whole bunch of these little groups you can join. They are so fun!!! You can join as many as you like. So let's say you like fantasy creatures, there's a club for it!! I hope you take advantage of it. :D

Well, have a great time at YWS. Feel free to PM me with any questions. I'll do everything I can to help.

Lucy PEnnykettle
I hate television. I hate it as much as I hate peanuts. But I can't stop eating peanuts. I also hate being on television, I hate it as much as people hate chocolate. But they always want chocolate.

122 Reviews

Reviews: 122
Thu Mar 19, 2009 12:32 pm
WaterVyper says...

Hey Audy and welcome to YWS!

Omigosh! Spirited Away is definitely one of the best movies ever. I love the fuzzies. Poor one got crushed under the coal. And I love Blood + too! Tragic ending, though. I seem to be attracted to tragic stuff.

Anyway, great to meet you! My brothers think I'm crazy because I like to write. So, from a scale of one to ten, ten being the highest, how insane has he driven you? Collectively, I'd say about a three. They aren't that bad, mostly because I lock myself in my room. That way, I can YWS in peace.

Well, feel free to PM me for anything you need. I'll be available. See ya around sometime!
There once was a cat.
He wasn’t particularly fat.
Fuzzy was his favorite mat.
And really, that was that.

Oh, but did you really think so?
Keep reading, it’s just the start of the show!
And as for how far this tale will go…
Well, even the cat doesn’t know.

18 Reviews

Reviews: 18
Fri Mar 20, 2009 3:54 am
PaperMoon says...

Hm, I wanted to use Audy, but its been taken, I'll have to be original, perhaps scarily so...maybe Au (of Autumn) + S (of silence)= aus or Oz. Yes, I can be the Victor Frankenstein of words. Hm, if that doesn't work well...I prefer my bubbles unpopped.
I don't know if you noticed, but I am also quiet the Miyazaki fan; Princess Mononoke is my favorite, hands down, though. I was thinking, if you like Death Cab so much, you should check out Sea Wolf's "You're a Wolf" and "I'll be back this time." Beirut is also a personal favorite.
I'm glad you enjoyed "Bloom of the Roses," I put a lot of time and heart in it. I don't know...I wrote it about, or rather to, the girl who absolutely shattered my heart. I guess the poem is just a way of picking up the pieces and starting again.
Anyway, feel free to PM me with questions, comments or whatever happens to pop into your head. I await your submissions and reviews. Remember: the paper, the words, are merely an extension of yourself, if you don't feel true about what you write, you betray yourself in more ways than one.
Oyasuminasai.

PaperMoon

1272 Reviews

Reviews: 1272
Fri Mar 20, 2009 5:09 pm
Rosendorn says...

Hiya and welcome!

What type of fantasy do you like? Dark? "Pure" (With elves, dwarfs, wizards, LotR stuff)? I'm a fantasy nut myself, so, feel free. ^_^

I'm not that much of a bookworm, but I did read Brisingr (Christopher Paolini) in two days. And Terrier (Tamora Piece) in one. Both books are over 500 pages. :lol: What I lack in range I tend to make up for in time.

If you have any questions, feel free to PM me.

~Rosey
A writer is a world trapped in a person— Victor Hugo

Ink is blood. Paper is bandages. The wounded press books to their heart to know they're not alone.

When we are children we seldom think of the future. This innocence leaves us free to enjoy ourselves as few adults can. The day we fret about the future is the day we leave our childhood behind.
— Patrick Rothfuss, The Name of the Wind