z

Young Writers Society

Hello

17 Reviews

Reviews: 17
Wed Mar 18, 2009 10:09 pm
Thirst_23 says...

My name is thirst_23. Thirst not only expresses my keen interest in vampires, but is also the name of my book.

I used to hang out a lot on young fantasy writting forums. I remember that was way back when YWS was new. My screen names there were Wandwaver, and Rhindon.

In fact, I'm not even certain I don't still have an account here. It's just been years since I checked it. I can't evne begin to remember the password, so, I figured I'd make a new one.

I noticed a few familiar screen names, and was wondering if any of me old pals were around? Crysi? Mesh? Those were the two I know I saw. You guys remember me at all?

Btw, I'm also open to meeting new people. I love reading. There's some good stuff here! And also, could someone please explain more about points? I'm not sure how they work.

1272 Reviews

Reviews: 1272
Wed Mar 18, 2009 10:19 pm
Rosendorn says...

Hiya and welcome!

I'll just skip over the rules, since you've been here a bit and head strait for points!

Points are what you get for posting in the first two clusters of boards. You get ten points for posting, and 0.2 points per character in a post. The maximum you can get is 50 points.

Points are used to post work and determine the featured member.

It costs 150 points to post work, but you'll get 50 points back if it's litruature. Other genres depend on how long your post is.

It costs 100 points to post a new storybook. You get no points back.

Does that clear things up?

Hmm, I've only been here about four months. Can't say I know you.

If you have any questions, PM me.

~Rosey
A writer is a world trapped in a person— Victor Hugo

Ink is blood. Paper is bandages. The wounded press books to their heart to know they're not alone.

8 Reviews

Reviews: 8
Wed Mar 18, 2009 10:36 pm
How2EataRhesus says...

Hey Thirst; I'm Rhee. Welcome...back?
I'm relatively new on YWS, so I don't remember your first accounts or any of the people you mentioned - try looking for them in the search box near the top of the page, or posting in the "I'm Back" thread here in the Welcome forum. I hope you'll find that YWS has improved since you last came. :]
Do you like any vampire novels? Please don't say Twilight. ;) I must admit that Dracula bored me a little toward the middle so I haven't gotten through it.
Anyway, since Rosie covered your questions, I just wanted to welcome you back and say hi. If you have any questions, don't hesitate to PM me or an official greeter. :]
'Nobody has ever measured, not even poets, how much the heart can hold.' - Zelda Sayre Fitzgerald

146 Reviews

Reviews: 146
Wed Mar 18, 2009 11:44 pm
SeleneForeverDream says...

Hey Thirst! I came up with my username the same way you did. ^_^ Welcome back to YWS! :D

I'm not sure who Chrysi is, but I certainly know who Mesh is. They're around the forums and I'm sure you'll bump into some old friends. And certainly make new ones.

So since you've already been acquainted with the rules I'll just fire off some questions because I'd love to know more about you.

What you said about Thirst being your book intrigued me. Is it published and can I read it? I love vampire stories and I know there's a new craze (or craving ;)) for vampires in the literary world at the moment, so I'm sure your book will do quite well.

What do you like to write about besides vampires? What's your favorite genre?

Who is your favorite author? What books have he/she written?

What's your favorite novel or series?

What's your favorite food?

If you would like to ask a question, would like a review, or would just lie to chat feel free to PM me. :)
Got YWS?

You judge others upon their actions, but you judge yourself by your intention.

17 Reviews

Thu Mar 19, 2009 1:45 am
Thirst_23 says...

Hey, all

I hope Mesh sees this soon. I'm kinda excited; it's been years.

Thirst...haha. No, sadly, it's not published. But, for the first time, I have ideas that I think are definitly publishable. It's one of the reasons I decided to come back. Enough of it is done that I'm having trouble spotting the small errors; I was hoping to get help, and remembered how helpful this sites are.

What do I right about besides vampires? That's a very good question. Precios little, is the answer. I'm a music major in college, so I'm kinda hard up on any writting time whatsoever. My favorite genre would have to in-universe fantasy, ala TWILIGHT! Stephanie Meyers is my favotire author right nwo. Anne Rice is also amazing.

My favorite novel...well, in terms of read the most, or enjoyed the most? Read the most would have to be Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone. I've read it at least 2 dozen times. There's a simple magic JK Rowling used that is just fantastic. Enjoyed the most? Probably The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe.

My favorite food is pizza.

I hope I answered in depth enough. And trust me, you will be seeing pelenty of Thirst around here.
Authos give life to their characters,
and characters give life to the author

488 Reviews

Reviews: 488
Thu Mar 19, 2009 4:46 am
Meshugenah says...

AHH! *Attack*

You're a music major? You're officially awesome. Basically. Music majors attempted to convert me first day I walked in to Wind Ensemble freshman year. And then they made fun of my instrument (and still do. Yet I love them anyway?). What instrument/concentration for music?

Also! I may have to never speak to you again. Twilight? :P

Oh! PM! *runs* that works, too!

*claims*
***Under the Responsibility of S.P.E.W.***
(Sadistic Perplexion of Everyone's Wits)

Medieval Lit! Come here to find out who Chaucer plagiarized and translated - and why and how it worked in the late 1300s.

I <3 Rydia

17 Reviews

Thu Mar 19, 2009 4:51 am
Thirst_23 says...

*hugs Mesh* Mesh! Mesh, Mesh, Mesh!

(Drops away in horror, perfect moment ruined)

people better stop dissing my bella. If I ever get published, I will owe huge thanks to Stephanie Meyers. I was reading Eclipse, and all of sudden this eighteen year old vampire, with jet black hair sreaked with red, popped into my mind and said "Hi, Alex. I'm Jessica."

Ok, at least don't diss it to my face.

I don't have a particular concentration, I'm just a bachelor of science in music, with a creative writing minor.

*smiles* Mesh is a wind ensemble geek? That's worse than a band geek (I sing.)

AH! I MISSED YOUR CATS! I remember you had them as your avatar on YFW.
Authos give life to their characters,
and characters give life to the author

Random avatar

Reviews: 20
Thu Mar 19, 2009 9:26 am
MySunshine says...

Hey thirst :D
Welcome ... back to YWS!
I don't think we've met before, as I just joined last month ...

But anyways! You're the first guy I know who's read and likes Twilight :D
Now I'm feeling all happy, although my Twilight-obsession-phase is now over (pity for all the fan stuff I collected over the past months ...), but I still like to read it.

So, am I assuming right that "Thirst" is a vampire story? I think I'll take a look at that when you post it ;)
Do you write anything else besides fantasy? And what are your hobbies?

Have a fun time around, and feel free to PM me for questions or just for fun ;)
MySunshine
♥And if you go, I wanna go with you. And if you die, I wanna die with you♥

146 Reviews

Reviews: 146
Thu Mar 19, 2009 11:20 am
SeleneForeverDream says...

Oh I love that book, too, The Sorcerer's Stone! I've probably read it way too many times since it's come out just because of what you described it as. The simple magic used in it really does pull you in. ;)

Twilighter! I have only seen a few guys on here who like Twilight, but very few do. I'm a die-hard Twilight fan. I've been to Forks Washington and have every souvenir imaginable for the series. So you came up with a character while reading it? Well that's awesome; good for you!

So does this mean I can read your book, because I would love to! Can you PM me when you post it, please? If you want your small errors found I'd be happy to help. :D
Got YWS?

You judge others upon their actions, but you judge yourself by your intention.

You walk into this room at your own risk, because it leads to the future, not a future that will be but one that might be. This is not a new world, it is simply an extension of what began in the old one. It has patterned itself after every dictator who has ever planted the ripping imprint of a boot on the pages of history since the beginning of time. It has refinements, technological advances, and a more sophisticated approach to the destruction of human freedom. But like every one of the super states that preceded it, it has one iron rule: logic is an enemy and truth is a menace.
— Rod Serling