z

Young Writers Society

Critiques and Friends

Random avatar

Reviews: 2
Wed Mar 18, 2009 5:47 pm
~luv2write~ says...

Hi! I'm new, just recently and i'm looking for an actual critique group that I could join. Umm... I'll be 18 here in a few months (May 11) and sometimes I write more mature content pieces (smut, lol.). My longest piece has been posted or partly posted on a few different sites, but i haven't received any critiques, just reviews.

Let me know if you're interested! I am very willing to help others as much as I can, though I really prefer something with a romantic line in it.

~Katie

317 Reviews

Reviews: 317
Wed Mar 18, 2009 7:40 pm
View Likes
mizz-iceberg says...

Hello! Welcome to YWS!

Well if you're looking for critiques or reviews you've come to the right place. BUt make sure you critique others' works before posting your own your own.

Mature content is no problem as long as you rate your work according to the content. If tt's mature, make sure you it R, so readers know what to expect before reading.

We have a great Romantic Fiction section. Have a look through, maybe review or critique a post or two.

I recommend that you go through the FAQs, Rules, and Guides as soon as possible. They'll help you out tons.

And if you have any questions or concerns PM me.

See you around!
I'm a godmother, that's a great thing to be, a godmother. She calls me god for short, that's cute, I taught her that.
--Ellen DeGeneres

146 Reviews

Reviews: 146
Wed Mar 18, 2009 8:08 pm
SeleneForeverDream says...

Hey luv2write, welcome to YWS!

So you like writing romance? Me too! I would love to review some of your work, so just PM me if you ever need one. Oh, and if you would like to find someone to review your work check out the Will Review for Food thread in the Lounge. There are many people there wiling to review your work.

So I'm going to tell you some of the rules here before you start posting away.

Tips and Rules

1.) Be considerate and kind towards other members on the site. You know, things you've learned since Pre-K.

2.) Make reviews at least three sentences long or it won't count as a review.

3.) You can join a group based off of your interests in the Group section. I'm sure there's a critique group somewhere. ;)

4.) Put a decent amount of thought into each post, especially submissions, and check your spelling, capitalization and grammar. Also no chat-speak like brb and such. Lol and POV is fine. No caps lock, so don't go around submitting things like "THAT ROCKED!" or something like that. This will be greatly appreciated by everyone else on here! :D

5.) Like mizz-iceberg mentioned, we have a 2:1 ratio with reviewing and posting. This means you have to make sure two reviews before

6.) If your shy, don't be afraid to PM someone for help if your in need of it. Everyone is friendly here and would be happy to help.

7.) Mizz-Iceberg touched on this, as well, that all work should be rated.

If you've been wondering about the people with pretty, colorful usernames, they are part of the YWS staff. They all have a specific job and specify in that area of work.

YWS Jobs

Blacks- Are regular members, like you and me. We rule the forums!

Blues- Are Greeters. They'll help introduce you to the site and make you feel welcome.

Purples- Are Instructors. They will critique the work that you submit on YWS very thoroughly.

Light Greens- Are Junior Moderators. They are Moderators in training and help control some of the forums.

Greens- Are Moderators. They help control all the forums.

Red- Are Administrators of the site. They help out other members on the site and control it.

Orange: Distinguished members, or retired moderators.

If you ever need a review, have a question, or would simply like to chat feel free to PM me!
Got YWS?

You judge others upon their actions, but you judge yourself by your intention.

1272 Reviews

Reviews: 1272
Wed Mar 18, 2009 8:30 pm
Rosendorn says...

Hiya and welcome!

Actually, you can't just join a "critique group." The only ones available are SPEW (which is for the elite critics and is 100% hidden. We don't even know who all the members are) or the Instructors Group. Instructors are the purple named members, and you need to apply for that job. And, you can only apply if you've been on YWS a month. ^_^

So, you want romance? Hit the Writing button in the header and look for Romantic Fiction. You'll find nothing but. :D

And, yes, if you want to post something with mature content, make sure you rate it R. Some people on YWS are younger, so they know to avoid R rated works. You must also rate it R if you use the f-word.

If you have any questions, PM me.

~Rosey
A writer is a world trapped in a person— Victor Hugo

Ink is blood. Paper is bandages. The wounded press books to their heart to know they're not alone.

Random avatar

Reviews: 20
Wed Mar 18, 2009 9:38 pm
MySunshine says...

Hey luv2write and welcome to YWS :D

You're at the right place if you're looking for someone to critique your work! Just post something on here and I'm sure there'll be lots of replies ;)
What kind of stories do you write, though? If it's a little more mature, like you said, it's "safer" to rate it R.

So, then, tell us more about yourself! What kind of books do you like to read? What're your favorite movies? Your hobbies besides writing?

Feel free to PM me if you need help with anything here ;)
MySunshine
♥And if you go, I wanna go with you. And if you die, I wanna die with you♥

8 Reviews

Reviews: 8
Wed Mar 18, 2009 10:48 pm
How2EataRhesus says...

Hey luv2write! I'm Rhee.
YWS itself is a critique group in a sense, so you've, well, already joined. :] Check the Writing section, especially Romantic Fiction since you like it. Also, if you really begin
to love critiquing, you can apply to be an Instructor once you have more experience. :]

Anyway, welcome to the forum! :] If you have a question, don't hesitate to PM me or a Greeter (someone with a blue username, like mizz-iceberg or Rosie).
'Nobody has ever measured, not even poets, how much the heart can hold.' - Zelda Sayre Fitzgerald

36 Reviews

Reviews: 36
Wed Mar 18, 2009 11:50 pm
deleted_5 says...

*Sighs* all the good parts to talk about have been taken! Bummer. :roll: :roll: Oh well.
Welcome to YWS!!! You're going to love it here. People are always saying that we are all like one big family!! So don't be shy! We love answering questions and helping you! As for critiques, the more you review the more people will want to review your pieces.

You might want to take a little peek over in the groups section. Just click on groups. There's always fun groups to join, and you can even make your own group! Those are always fun. Feel free to join as many as you like!! :D

Well, I guess that's about the best I can do for you! If you have any more questions, or like the others say, just want to chat, feel free to PM me! I'll do everything I can to help! :D :D
Have a great time in YWS!!

Lucy Pennykettle
I hate television. I hate it as much as I hate peanuts. But I can't stop eating peanuts. I also hate being on television, I hate it as much as people hate chocolate. But they always want chocolate.

127 Reviews

Reviews: 127
Thu Mar 19, 2009 2:18 pm
Incognito says...

Hello ~luv2write~ and welcome to YWS! We are glad to have you here.
I am Incognito, a greeter, and unfortunately, all the good parts are taken. There is not much I can rant to you about. I will just give you a couple hints and tips so that your knowledge of this site will further strengthen.

One thing I will tell you, is that it seems you are interested in getting your works critiqued. Well, it is most likely that you will get a review, but if that doesn't occur then I recommend taking a little stroll over to The Lounge in Community Forums. Below the title, there is a small link called 'The Will Review for Food' subforum. If you post in there, any one who wants to review will take a gander at your work.

Another tip I know, is to join groups. In groups, you will find members with the same interests as you, and you can make friends on this site. Groups can be hilarious fun, and in them you can discuss a range of things depending which group you are in. Each focuses on a different thing. Some work with character development, while others are just for fun.

Well, why don't you tell us a little more about yourself. I can get you started with some questions.
1) Have you ever eaten anything before that you didn't quite know what it was?
2) Have you ever endeared on a great adventure, but had to turn back because you forgot your lunch?
3) Coke or Pepsi? *grins evilly*
4) How would you keep yourself occupied if you were trapped in an indestructible bubble for the rest of your life?
5) Do you have any prefered nickname you would like us to call you on this site? If so, what might it be?

Well, I am just about done. If you need any help feel free to PM me. Or if you just want to talk, feel free to do the same. I would be glad to do both.

Sincerely.
~Incognito
'Everyone is entitled to be stupid, some just abuse the priviledge.'

We wandered the halls of an infinite magic nursing home, led by a hippo nurse with a torch. Really, just an ordinary night for the Kanes.
— Rick Riordan, The Throne of Fire