z

Young Writers Society

Hello

Random avatar

Reviews: 2
Wed Mar 18, 2009 1:28 pm
Raiyelle says...

I would like to introduce myself. My username is Raiyelle (obviously) and I have been writing since I was able to write my ABCs. I absolutely love reading books and writing anything that comes to mind. I hope that I will have an extraordinary experience here. :D
"May I never grow to old to treasure 'once upon a time'."
Anonymous

Reviews: 4
Wed Mar 18, 2009 1:55 pm
Poptimist says...

Hi Raiyelle! I'm Daniella.. Welcome to YWS. I hope you read the rules already. Let's wait for a greeter to tell you about more. Welcome! :D

Random avatar

Wed Mar 18, 2009 3:28 pm
Raiyelle says...

Yes I have read the rules but thank you for mentioning them.
Anonymous

Random avatar

Reviews: 20
Wed Mar 18, 2009 4:46 pm
MySunshine says...

Hey Raiyelle :D
Welcome to YWS!

I love your name - one of my friends is called "Rahel" and it's pronounced the same, I think. Actually, it was only because no one in the States was able to pronounce the "ch"-sound we have here in Germany, so they made it American xD

Anyways! Tell us more about yourself! What are your hobbies, besides writing? What are your favorite books and movies?

If you need any help, you can PM me and I'll try to help ;)

Have a fun time,
MySunshine
♥And if you go, I wanna go with you. And if you die, I wanna die with you♥

239 Reviews

Reviews: 239
Wed Mar 18, 2009 4:57 pm
MeadowLark says...

Heya Raiyelle! Welcome to YWS!

Cool username ^_^

You said you've read the rules? Well, I'll just go over the one I think is the most important:

Review two works before posting your own. Keep a 2:1 ratio so that everyone gets a chance to be reviewed and people will want to review yours back ^_^ It's just dun >_<

A greeter will come along and explain everything properly to you. That's their job!

What do you enjoy writing the most?

Happy Writing!

Meadow
Purple light in the canyon
that is where I long to be
With my three good companions
just my rifle, pony and me

--- "My Rifle My Pony and Me"

Random avatar

Wed Mar 18, 2009 7:56 pm
Raiyelle says...

Well besides writing......um, well I ride horses, play the piano and flute, and sing. Going to Mississippi Gulf Coast Community College and will be graduating this May (woot!!!) and for favorite book(s)...I don't have any. I've read so many that I cannot chose just a book, trilogy, or a series. Thanks for the comments on my username!! My real name is Jessica but I prefer Raiyelle or just Rai.
Anonymous

1272 Reviews

Reviews: 1272
Wed Mar 18, 2009 8:36 pm
Rosendorn says...

Hiya and welcome!

Well, I am one of the greeters/blues Meadow mentioned. Since you have read the rules already, why don't I give you the low-down on Groups?

On YWS we have lots of groups on just about everything. You name it, there's probably a group on it. Hit the big Groups button in the header and go through the list. I'm sure you'll find one or two. ^_^

Well, that's my two bits Rai! (Love the name.)

If you have any questions, feel free to PM me.

~Rosey
A writer is a world trapped in a person— Victor Hugo

Ink is blood. Paper is bandages. The wounded press books to their heart to know they're not alone.

146 Reviews

Reviews: 146
Thu Mar 19, 2009 12:00 am
SeleneForeverDream says...

Hey Rai (that rhymes!) welcome to the fabulous world of YWS! :D

That's so cool that you like horse back riding because I know so many people that do it, but I never have the chance to do it. I've heard it's a blast, but I guess I'll just need to get on a horse and try it out to see if it's true. Is there any hard work or is it really as awesome as everyone makes it out to be? :razz:

So since you already know the rules I'll just tell you about the people on here and their jobs. You know the people with colorful usernames? Well they are the YWS staff and all have jobs they specify in.

Blacks- Regular members.

Blues- Are Greeters, like Rosey above me. They'll help introduce you to the site and make you feel welcome.

Purples- Are Instructors. They will critique the work that you submit on YWS very thoroughly.

Light Greens- Are Junior Moderators. They are Moderators in training and help control some of the forums.

Greens- Are Moderators. They help control all the forums.

Red- Are Administrators of the site. They help out other members on the site and control it.

Orange: Distinguished members, or retired moderators.

If you have any questions, would like me to review your work, or would like to chat, feel free to PM me! :)
Got YWS?

You judge others upon their actions, but you judge yourself by your intention.

36 Reviews

Reviews: 36
Thu Mar 19, 2009 1:01 am
deleted_5 says...

Hey Rai,
So, you aren't the only shy one here. But the trick is to talk, PM, and post stuff to other members. And, there isn't a need to be shy here, in fact, I guess you could say that we are all one big family. So, feel free to ask any questions. We're all ears!! :P Welcome to YWS!

Lucy Pennykettle
I hate television. I hate it as much as I hate peanuts. But I can't stop eating peanuts. I also hate being on television, I hate it as much as people hate chocolate. But they always want chocolate.

Patience is the strength of the weak, impatience is the weakness of the strong.
— Immanuel Kant, Philosopher