z

Young Writers Society

Hi Everybody!

Reviews: 1
Tue Mar 17, 2009 9:04 pm
TurtleWriter27 says...

Hi Everybody! I"m Turtle I love to write (DUH). UH, if you want to know anything just ask. Are there any NaNoers here?

115 Reviews

Reviews: 115
Tue Mar 17, 2009 9:07 pm
mhmmcolleenx0 says...

Hey! Welcome. First, I'd just like to tell you some of the rules.

1. Please review two works before posting something of your own. Basically keeping it at a 2:1 ratio.

2. Rate your works. It's considered R-rated if it has the f-word or graphic scenes.

3. Limit chat-speak. We like to use proper grammar and spelling on YWS. Things like 'lol' and POV are just fine.

So... here are some questions for you to get to know you better.

What do you like to write?
What's your favorite genre?
What music do you like?

Hope you have fun on YWS.
"Can't stop, won't stop. I must be dreaming."

1272 Reviews

Reviews: 1272
Tue Mar 17, 2009 9:18 pm
Rosendorn says...

Hiya and welcome!

So, just to give you the three main rules of the site:

1- Review two works before posting any of your own. This helps make sure everybody gets a review. The benefit is, people are way more willing to review your stuff if you've looked at theirs. ^_^ It's asked you always keep that 2:1 ratio.

2- No chat-speak. That means proper grammar, spelling and caps. Some abbreviations like lol, brb, POV, MC and other term abbreviations are fine, just don't overdo it.

3- We at YWS like to see rated works. Rated works, unless rated R, show up on the front page of YWS. You just might get more comments. ;) Rated R works have the f-word and/or graphic scenes.

I want to do NaNo this year. Click the Writing button in the header to find a forum dedicated to it. ^_^

What genre do you like to write?

If you have any questions, feel free to PM me.

~Rosey
A writer is a world trapped in a person— Victor Hugo

Ink is blood. Paper is bandages. The wounded press books to their heart to know they're not alone.

Tue Mar 17, 2009 9:20 pm
TurtleWriter27 says...

Thanks for the tips. The 2:1 ratio is a good idea. And I'm glad I rememered it from math class :D

I write mostly short stories with two novels under my belt. (one sucks though) I also write some poetry, i think it's crappy but others say it's good. I"m attempting my first screenplay next month!

I listen to Three Days Grace, Breaking Benjamin, and Taylor Swift.

I also suck at spelling.

146 Reviews

Reviews: 146
Tue Mar 17, 2009 9:22 pm
SeleneForeverDream says...

Hey TurtleWriter, welcome to the wonderful world of YWS! :D

Ooh, NaNo lover! I cannot wait for NaNo and am seriously counting down the days until it's here! I guess you could say I'm a NaNoer. ;)

Tips and Rules

1.) Be considerate and kind towards other members on the site. You know, things you've learned since Pre-K.

2.) Make reviews at least three sentences long.

3.) You can join a group based off of your interests in the Group section.

4.) Put a decent amount of thought into each post, especially submissions, and check your spelling, capitalization and grammar. This will be greatly appreciated by everyone else on here!

If you have any questions, would like a review, or would simply like to chat feel free to PM me!
Got YWS?

You judge others upon their actions, but you judge yourself by your intention.

Tue Mar 17, 2009 9:25 pm
TurtleWriter27 says...

You guys here are so nice! I think I'm going to like it here. Oh I like the Spell Check Feature.

1272 Reviews

Reviews: 1272
Tue Mar 17, 2009 9:38 pm
View Likes
Rosendorn says...

I understand where you're coming from Turtle. When I joined I couldn't believe the responses.

I like the spell-check feature too. ^_^

Oh yes, one thing I forgot to mention is I have a goal to finish my novel by October 31st so I can do NaNo. You could say I'm counting down too.
A writer is a world trapped in a person— Victor Hugo

Ink is blood. Paper is bandages. The wounded press books to their heart to know they're not alone.

8 Reviews

Reviews: 8
Wed Mar 18, 2009 12:21 am
How2EataRhesus says...

Hey Turtle! I'm Rhee.
We YWSers are practically a forum full of NaNoers, so you're in luck there. :] Are you doing ScriptFrenzy? It's like NaNo, except with scripts.
Two novels? Awesome! I've done two NaNos and haven't yet been able to complete one. And don't worry if one is suckish; that's what revision is for. :]
And yes, most of us do have an intense, unexplainable love for greeting new members. What can I say? It makes us feel fuzzy inside. :3
Anyway, welcome to the site!
'Nobody has ever measured, not even poets, how much the heart can hold.' - Zelda Sayre Fitzgerald

Reviews: 3
Wed Mar 18, 2009 4:11 am
hopelessromance00 says...

Hey Turtle,
I'm not a serious NaNoer, but I hope I can give you good advices and critiques on your posts someday. I'm new too, and the people here are nice. So have fun in YWS !

Hopelessromance00 / Firman

Fri Mar 20, 2009 9:34 pm
TurtleWriter27 says...

Thanks guys, and yes, I am doing Script Frenzy

1464 Reviews

Reviews: 1464
Fri Mar 20, 2009 9:48 pm
Juniper says...

Hi Turtle writer! Welcome to YWS!

I'm June! It's awesome to have you here! I love your avatar-- it's so cute.

*raises hand* I'm a NaNoer! 2008 was my first time, and it was lots of fun. When Nano rolls around, lots of us YWSers gather either here in YWS Chat, or those who've exchanged messenger IDs gather up and word war. It's loads of fun.

Yay! You plan to do script frenzy? Awesome! I've been bribed into doing it, with promises of cookies if I complete it. I plan to do NaPoWriMo, too.

So! Do you have any questions about YWS? If you do, feel free to PM me, sign my guestbook, or post them here.

We'll try to answer you as soon as we can ;).

I look forward to reading your work, dear! PM me when you post something, please? I'd like to review it for you :).

June
"I'd steal somebody's purse if I could google it and then download it." -- Firestarter

An existential crisis a day keeps the writer's block away <3
— LadyBug