z

Young Writers Society

Hello

Random avatar

Reviews: 2
Mon Mar 16, 2009 8:04 pm
scaramoushe says...

Hello, My name is Lydia, I'm 16 and live in England. I'm just breaking into writing properly, a pass time happily rediscovered from GCSE English and a dare to do NaNoWriMo.

I enjoy comedy movies and television, Glam rock music, (Favourite bands being Queen and The Sweet), and the '70's. It my the love of the '70's that earned me the title of 'eccentric' by my friends. I have a love of being on stage and performing. I also love drawing, reading playing football and playing guitar... but not all at the same time.

I love writing scripts and stories and also I love reading stories too. Poems aren't my strong point, but the ones i do write tend to sound better performed... although they never allowed to torture the ears of an audience.

I think I've covered everything, if there is anything you want to ask, go ahead.

Thanks for reading,

Scaramoushe

529 Reviews

Reviews: 529
Mon Mar 16, 2009 8:07 pm
xDudettex says...

Hey Lydia =]

Welcome to YWS!

I'll leave the rules for someone else to explain

So...What type of genre do you write?

Wait...You're from England?...Me too :D I'm so glad we've had some sun here today. It's like the first time I haven't worn my coat in ages!

xDudettex :D
'Stop wishing for the sunshine. Start living in the rain.' - Kids In Glass Houses.

'Would you destroy something perfect in order to make it beautiful?' - MCR artwork.

1272 Reviews

Reviews: 1272
Mon Mar 16, 2009 8:20 pm
Rosendorn says...

Hiya and welcome to YWS!

So, the rules. We really only have three of them:

1- Review two works before posting any of your own. This helps spread reviews out. Plus, people are much more willing to look at your stuff if you've look at theirs. ;) It's asked you always keep that 2:1 ratio.

2- Chat-speak isn't what we like to see. Some abbreviations like lol, brb, POV, MC and other term abbreviations are fine, just don't overdo it.

3- Rated works, however, are what we like to see! If your work is rated, and not rated R, it'll show up on the front page of YWS. You just might even get more comments. :D Rated R works have the f-word and/or graphic scenes.

If you hit the Writing button in the header, you'll see we have a whole forum for scripts. ^_^

If you have any questions, PM me.

~Rosey
A writer is a world trapped in a person— Victor Hugo

Ink is blood. Paper is bandages. The wounded press books to their heart to know they're not alone.

146 Reviews

Reviews: 146
Mon Mar 16, 2009 10:17 pm
SeleneForeverDream says...

Hey Scaramoushe, welcome to YWS! Wow, your username really caught my eye, because I'm singing Bohemian Rhapsody in chorus and I love the part where it plays "Scaramoushe, scaramoushe, will you do the fandango?". Nice name! :D

Scripts and stories are your specialty? Well I would love to read some! What genres do you enjoy writing?

If you'd like to improve on your poetry, feel free to post some for reviews after reviewing two pieces of work. People will tell you what your doing wrong, so your poetry becomes better! That's what YWS is for, to make you a better writer.

So if you've been wondering about the people with pretty colors on their username, they are our YWS staff. Each color has a specific job.

Black- Regular members, like me and you.

Blues- Are Greeters, like Rosey. They'll help introduce you to the site and make you feel welcome.

Purples- Are Instructors. They will critique the work that you submit on YWS very thoroughly.

Light Greens- Are Junior Moderators. They are Moderators in training and help control some of the forums.

Greens- Are Moderators. They help control all the forums.

Red- Are Administrators of the site. They help out other members on the site and control it.

Orange: Distinguished members, or retired moderators.

Tips and Rules

~ Don't be afraid to ask for help. Everyone's friendly here and willing to assist.

~ There are lots of groups that you can choose to join, depending on your interests.

~ Check your posts for grammar, spelling and punctuation errors. This will be greatly appreciated by other members.

~ Make sure reviews are at least three sentences long or it won't count as a review.

~ Please be considerate and kind towards all other members. This way you'll make lot of friends! :D

If you have a question, would like a review, or would just like to chat feel free to PM me!
Got YWS?

You judge others upon their actions, but you judge yourself by your intention.

Reviews: 2
Mon Mar 16, 2009 10:25 pm
livexlaughxlovex15 says...

HEY welcome to YWS!!! Is really cool here! Everyone is super nice but they are definately sticklers about capitilization. =[ Other than that though it's an awesome sight! have fun

122 Reviews

Reviews: 122
Mon Mar 16, 2009 11:28 pm
WaterVyper says...

Hey Lydia and welcome to YWS! *waves and lays down red carpet*

Well, the rules have already been explained, so I guess there isn't much for me to say.
I can say that you're free to PM me for anything you need, including reviews, questions, and friendship.

So, I'm sure you'll have a wonderful time here on YWS! See ya around sometime!
There once was a cat.
He wasn’t particularly fat.
Fuzzy was his favorite mat.
And really, that was that.

Oh, but did you really think so?
Keep reading, it’s just the start of the show!
And as for how far this tale will go…
Well, even the cat doesn’t know.

107 Reviews

Reviews: 107
Tue Mar 17, 2009 1:24 am
fluteluvr77 says...

Heyy! Welcome to YWS!! Alright so the only real rule that hasn't been covered is that you shouldn't post anything in all caps. It tends to annoy the reader...So, just to go over the point system with you, each piece you post takes 150 points. Each review has to be at least 3 lines (which you've figured out by now) and it's worth .2 points per character with a max of 50 points. Moreover, posting in certain forums, like this one can get you points as well. If you want to post your piece in the advanced critiques forum, that will take you 300 points. And, I think that's about it for the rules...
I see that you've been dared to do NaNoWriMo! That's awesome! I've been working up the courage to try that for a really long time...Did you already write the novel or is the dare for this November? Anywayz, I'm sure you'll enjoy this site, it's a perfect fit for a writer such as yourself...
Feel free to PM me if you have any questions, need a review, or just want to talk! But, be warned, I mainly write poetry, so I probably won't be of much help with your writing...But, I'll definitely try my best! ;)
fluteluvr77<3
Love is the answer to life yet the slowest form of suicide.
Love is a paradox.
And that's why we love it.

Got YWS?

Random avatar

Reviews: 20
Tue Mar 17, 2009 2:01 pm
MySunshine says...

Welcome to YWS, Sacramoushe! :D

You sound like a fun girl ^^
I wouldn't dare to go onstage, though. Not for any reason *runs away*

Haha, anyways ^^ What are your favorite movies and books?

Well ... if you need any help or have any questions, feel free to PM me!
MySunshine
♥And if you go, I wanna go with you. And if you die, I wanna die with you♥

Is anyone else desperately waiting to see themselves in the quote gen?
— TheCursedCat