Random avatar

Reviews: 27
Mon Mar 16, 2009 6:44 am
Saphirra says...

Hey! So i guess people want to know a little about me, so here goes:

1. I am a bookworm/writer

2. i'm really random :)

3. I have written, but I feel bad about asking my friends to read them

4. i love all kinds of music and writing. Pop, classical, country, jazz, rock, and then of course romance, action/adventure, realistic fiction, sci-fi, anything that is entertaining or deep.

5. I'm completely pathetic with computers; put me in front of a model i haen't seen and five minutes later i'm looking for the power button :lol:

6. things i love to do: Roller blade, sing, write, read, hang out with friends, sing, write, sing some more, write some more, and on and on

thats really about it. feel free to PM me!

228 Reviews

Reviews: 228
Mon Mar 16, 2009 6:50 am
Meep(: says...

Hey Saphirra!
Welcome, welcome *flourishes a poster, flings confetti randomly*
Ahahaha, so ncie to have you here! :D

Here are some important things you should note:
1) Minimise chatspeak & CAPS lock.
Capitalise and punctuate your words properly too.
We encourage good english :D
2) Rate your work. R is for strong language or explicit scenes.
G is for all to read. Then there's PG and PG-13 in between.
3) We have a 2:1 ratio rule where you should review 2 works done by others, for every 1 piece of your work that you post. Helps us keep the balance in our literature forums :D

Sounds like we'll get along just fine!
Any queries? Feel absolutely free to PM me :D
Have a nice day!
~Meep(:
~Liverpool F.C Supporter~
"You'll never walk alone"

122 Reviews

Reviews: 122
Mon Mar 16, 2009 11:22 am
WaterVyper says...

Hi Saphirra! It's great to see you one YWS!

Wow, you like rollerblading? I can't stand straight for two minutes on roller blades. Ice skates, I can do fine. But those wheeled shoes are weird. I can slip without any warning, and that has led to more than one awkward moment.

But anyway, I see that Meep has already acquainted you with the rules. Now, I guess I can do colors! Here on YWS, you may have noticed that some people have different colors in their username. Now, quick explanation so you won't get bored. In real life, people tell me they get bored when I drone on about the colors of YWS. So...

Black: People call it gray, but it looks black to me. Well, they are regular members.
Blue: Greeters who greet you and answer any questions you may have about the forums.
Purple: Instructors who give you in-depth critiques to improve your writing.
Light/Dark Green: Junior and regular Moderators. Junior moderators have mod powers in some forums, while Mods have mod powers in all the forums.
Red: Administrators who keep the site up and running.
Orange: Distinguished members which means they are retired mods.

Well, that's it for the colors. Now, you say you like music. Do you have any favorite bands in particular? What about favorite movies? Any computers that you like to use in particular? I stay away from Mac computers. They are strange.

Well, hope you have a great time on the forums! Feel free to PM me if you have questions, need reviews, or just want to talk. See ya sometime!
There once was a cat.
He wasn’t particularly fat.
Fuzzy was his favorite mat.
And really, that was that.

Oh, but did you really think so?
Keep reading, it’s just the start of the show!
And as for how far this tale will go…
Well, even the cat doesn’t know.

8 Reviews

Reviews: 8
Mon Mar 16, 2009 7:10 pm
How2EataRhesus says...

Hey Saphirra, welcome to YWS! :] I'm Rhee. Meep and Vyper have already told you the rules, so I've just come to say hi.
Randomness is aplenty here at YWS, so you won't have much of a problem with that. Check out the "Randomness" forum (What a fitting name, wouldn't you agree?) or even some of the Twilight parodies in the Scripts section. ;)
We hope you enjoy your stay at YWS; the room service menu is beside the telephone. :D
'Nobody has ever measured, not even poets, how much the heart can hold.' - Zelda Sayre Fitzgerald

Random avatar

Reviews: 20
Mon Mar 16, 2009 7:27 pm
MySunshine says...

Welcome to YWS, Saphirra :D

Well, we have lots of things in common, like the random and bookworm part ;)
Good thing you joined - feel free to post something on here and I'm pretty sure you'll get lots of feedback ^^
On that note: What kind of stories do you write?

What do you like to sing? And what are your favorite movies?

If you need any help, just PM me and I'll try to help you ;)

Have tons of fun here!
MySunshine
♥And if you go, I wanna go with you. And if you die, I wanna die with you♥

1272 Reviews

Reviews: 1272
Mon Mar 16, 2009 7:29 pm
Rosendorn says...

Hiya and welcome!

Just to let you know, we're all random here. ^_^ Actually, check out the YWS Chat when it's open (there must be a mod inside the room for it to be open) and you'll see that most of the members are nothing but random. Including, well, me. :P

As for writing, please don't feel bad for posting your works! We specialize in [s]shredding[/s] reviewing works! Actually, if you're worried about people being too harsh, put something like "this is my first work posted, please be nice" at the beginning/end of your work, most people will be happy to comply!

If you have any questions, PM me.

~Rosey
A writer is a world trapped in a person— Victor Hugo

Ink is blood. Paper is bandages. The wounded press books to their heart to know they're not alone.

Random avatar

Reviews: 27
Tue Mar 17, 2009 4:32 am
Saphirra says...

thanks everyone!
“Only as high as I reach can I grow, only as far as I seek can I go, only as deep as I look can I see, only as much as I dream can I be.”

Reviews: 0
Tue Mar 17, 2009 8:01 am
vampirechick says...

hey there, I'm a newbie aswell! I love writing, I write my own little stories plus fanfiction! If any of you have read the hellsing manga and like alucard/seras ff, look me up! I've had writers block for a while, but I've just gotten over it THANK GOD!

I am an avid reader
I love writing
Am REALLY random
And am always looking for ways to improve my writing skills!

K) leah :idea:

675 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 675
Tue Mar 17, 2009 2:05 pm
lilymoore says...

Well, then it sounds like your gonna fit in just splendidly. Not only that but for a newbie, you have far more reviews then most have, which is cool. We definately give our respects to the reviewing newbs. Haha, oh, and while we're on teh subject of reviews...thanks for the review you gave me on "The Bedside Reminder."

Haha, thank you!!!!!!!!!
Never forget who you are, for surely the world will not. Make it your strength. Then it can never be your weakness. Armor yourself in it, and it will never be used to hurt you.

1272 Reviews

Reviews: 1272
Tue Mar 17, 2009 8:18 pm
Rosendorn says...

vampirechick wrote:hey there, I'm a newbie aswell! I love writing, I write my own little stories plus fanfiction! If any of you have read the hellsing manga and like alucard/seras ff, look me up! I've had writers block for a while, but I've just gotten over it THANK GOD!

I am an avid reader
I love writing
Am REALLY random
And am always looking for ways to improve my writing skills!

K) leah :idea:

Hiya and welcome!

Would you mind making your own thread? Then, you're not taking away from just one member. ;) (Although, while you're here, scroll up and read the rules in the above posts)

If you have any questions, PM me.

~Rosey
A writer is a world trapped in a person— Victor Hugo

Ink is blood. Paper is bandages. The wounded press books to their heart to know they're not alone.

It's hard to enjoy practical jokes when your whole life feels like one.
— Rick Riordan, The Last Olympian