z

Young Writers Society

Another Newbie!!

Reviews: 0
Mon Mar 16, 2009 4:33 am
AnnaBanana2 says...

Hi everyone! My name is Anna and I'm a newbie, obviously. I'm also a friend of Cat_910 and peanut19, who told me about the site.

So....hi! :D

239 Reviews

Reviews: 239
Mon Mar 16, 2009 4:53 am
MeadowLark says...

Hey Anna! Nice of you to join! I'm Meadow...or MeadowLark. Whichever you perfer.

Well, if you're a friend on Cat and peanut19, then you must know the rules? A greeter will most likely come along and explain them all to you but I'll go over them.

Before posting any of your work you have to review two other pieces. We like to keep a 2:1 ratio to make it fair. So for every work you post, you must review two others. If that makes sense ^_^

Not chat-speak. Annoying. Grammer and capitlization.

And...er...rate your work! If the f-word is used or it has other "adult" scenes rate it R. Rated R works won't appear on the Index page but every other rated works will.

Ah! Enough with the boring rules. So, what do you write? What's your favourite genre and author? Just to know a little more about you.

Happy Writing!

Meadow
Purple light in the canyon
that is where I long to be
With my three good companions
just my rifle, pony and me

--- "My Rifle My Pony and Me"

228 Reviews

Reviews: 228
Mon Mar 16, 2009 6:16 am
Meep(: says...

O_O
*wvaves with excessive enthusiasm*
Hi, Anna!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D

Welcome to our silly but undeniably awesome YWS family,
Where insanity is a lifestyle.
Since meadow has gone over the rules with you,
I'd just like to say,
Don't hesitate to PM me if you have any queries or requests (reviews, to be friends, etc.)

I'm a friend of Cat & Peanut! :D
Cat especially. She's awesome.

Well, I hope you have a fantastic time here, and
Have a jolly day! :D
~Meep(:
~Liverpool F.C Supporter~
"You'll never walk alone"

122 Reviews

Reviews: 122
Mon Mar 16, 2009 11:45 am
View Likes
WaterVyper says...

Hi Anna! Welcome to our dysfunctional family! You're going to have a great time here on YWS, especially since you've got friends here. I'm sure that Cat and peanut already notified you of pretty much everything, so there isn't much for me to say. Well, I can ask a few questions.

What are your interests in writing? Which genre? Who are your favorite authors? What about favorite books? How about movies? Music? What are your other hobbies? Tell us more about yourself.

I can say that you're free to PM me for whatever you need. I hope to see you around the forums soon. See ya!
There once was a cat.
He wasn’t particularly fat.
Fuzzy was his favorite mat.
And really, that was that.

Oh, but did you really think so?
Keep reading, it’s just the start of the show!
And as for how far this tale will go…
Well, even the cat doesn’t know.

228 Reviews

Reviews: 228
Mon Mar 16, 2009 5:14 pm
Linx says...

Anna! *tacklehugs* You joined! Yay!

There is one more thing that you need to remember that I forgot to tell you. Some members on here are special people. They are in different colors, and each color represents what they are.

The red people are the site Admins. There are only three: Firestarter, Mesh, and Nate. Nate is the Admin, and Firestarter and Mesh are the junior admins.

The dark green people are the moderators, or as we call them, the mods. They dedicate their time to watch us and make sure nothing bad happens.

The light green people are the junior moderators. Each of the junior mods has a forum that they watch and take care of.

The purple people are the instructors. They are some of the site's best reviewers; they try to give as much help as possible whenever they review.

The blue people are the greeters. They are the ones who [s]attack[/s] welcome the new people (like yourself) to the website. WaterVyper and Meep are two greeters who have managed to[s] attack [/s]welcome you already.

Now, the dull color ones are the regular members. Most of YWS is made up of the regular members. I'm a regular member, and you are too! :D

Oh, yeah. In case you didn't know, these are emoticons. :arrow: :D :shock: :lol: 8) :P :wink:

See you, Anna!

*Cat
"A journey of a thousand miles must begin with a single step." ~ Lao-tzu

Attack, IM, or PM me at any time. I will respond. ;)

1272 Reviews

Reviews: 1272
Mon Mar 16, 2009 7:10 pm
Rosendorn says...

Hiya and welcome!

*Pounces on newbie*

Soo, depending on your interests, there are several groups you can join. Just click the big Groups button in the header and check out the ones listed. ^_^

Whelp, that's my little greeter-ness for this thread.

If you have any questions, feel free to PM me.

~Rosey
A writer is a world trapped in a person— Victor Hugo

Ink is blood. Paper is bandages. The wounded press books to their heart to know they're not alone.

201 Reviews

Reviews: 201
Mon Mar 16, 2009 7:18 pm
peanut19 says...

Hey, Anna! Miss me? I hope you make some new friends on this site. Good luck!
~peanut~
There is a light in you, a Vision in the making with sorrow enough to extinguish the stars. I can help you.
~And The Light Fades

The people down here are our zombies, who should be dead or not exist but do.
~Away From What We Started

P.S Got YWS?

Random avatar

Reviews: 20
Mon Mar 16, 2009 7:31 pm
MySunshine says...

Hey Anna - welcome to YWS :D

I hope you're enjoying your time here so far?

Tell us more about yourself! What are your hobbies? What genre do your stories belong to? What are your favorite movies and books?

If you need any help, don't hesitate to PM me ;)
MySunshine
♥And if you go, I wanna go with you. And if you die, I wanna die with you♥

"The adventures I enjoy are usually of a literary nature."
— Henry Winchester