z

Young Writers Society

Hi Guys

Random avatar

Reviews: 0
Mon Mar 16, 2009 1:55 am
Evphrodite says...

I'm new to this site. A friend of mine named Coon often talks about this site, so I'm checking it out.
By the way, call me Ev.

489 Reviews

Reviews: 489
Mon Mar 16, 2009 2:11 am
Dreamwalker says...

Hey! I'm The.Dreamwalker but most people just call me dreamwalker, and its a pleasure to meet you!

Theres a few things you should know about YWS though and that is, you really should check out the rules forum, or wait till the blue titled jumpy crazy greeters attack you. They're kind of like robots. They reherse it I swear O.o

Either way, please, before posting any of your work, give at least two reviews. It's the two for one ratio rule. Two reviews per story post! It's a bit of a rule here, oh and no msn lingo. Let's keep proper language and sentence structure, and I'm sure the MOD's will be very happy.

If you have any questions are want anything reviewed, just PM me or speak to one of the robots.. I mean greeters.. ahem.

Ciao
-The.Dreamwalker
Suppose for a moment that the heart has two heads, that the heart has been chained and dunked in a glass booth filled with river water. The heart is monologuing about hesitation and fulfillment while behind the red brocade the heart is drowning. - R.S

115 Reviews

Reviews: 115
Mon Mar 16, 2009 3:09 am
mhmmcolleenx0 says...

Theres a few things you should know about YWS though and that is, you really should check out the rules forum, or wait till the blue titled jumpy crazy greeters attack you. They're kind of like robots. They reherse it I swear O.o

I'm not crazy! Or maybe a little... :D I'm not a robot either. Definitely not!

Okay, so. Here are some rules:

You must review two things before posting something of your own. The more you review other people's work the more willing they are to review yours.

Limit chat-speak: Try to use 'dat' for 'that' or 'dis' for this. It can just get really annoying most of the time. Things like 'lol' and 'POV' are just fine.

Rate your works. If something has the f-word or graphic scenes please rate it R.

So, I hope you have fun on the site! PM me if you have any questions.
"Can't stop, won't stop. I must be dreaming."

239 Reviews

Reviews: 239
Mon Mar 16, 2009 3:54 am
MeadowLark says...

Hey there Ev! Welcome to this totally crazy place called YWS!

Since you know the main rules let's hear more about yourself. Like what do you write, what's your favourite genre, author?

Anyways, nice to have another newbie! Welcome aboard!

Meadow
Purple light in the canyon
that is where I long to be
With my three good companions
just my rifle, pony and me

--- "My Rifle My Pony and Me"

Random avatar

Mon Mar 16, 2009 12:50 pm
Evphrodite says...

Thanks for the help. I really appreciate it. :D

7 Reviews

Reviews: 7
Mon Mar 16, 2009 3:15 pm
.:Elf:. says...

Uh-oh! Seems I should have kept the 'Bearcoon' thing going.
Ev! Wow, for some reason I never thought you would come here. Not that I dont want you here, its pretty cool.
Anywho, welcome!

127 Reviews

Reviews: 127
Mon Mar 16, 2009 3:56 pm
Incognito says...

Welcome to YWS Evphrodite! Don't worry, we don't bite [s]hard[/s].
Mind if I call you Ev?
My name is Incognito and unfortunately, I am unable to tell you about the rules, because I always tend to be late. :(

But anyways, I will inform you on the coloured names that you probably have seeb wandering around this site. The different colours mean different things.

Blue --> The Greeters. These people welcome new people like you, and before we got mentioned as robots and jumpy. That is only because we know all the rules by heart and we are all hopeing to actually get the chance to actually say the rules. We just want to make you feel welcome and make the transition into the world of YWS easier.
Purple --> The Instructors. These people are on the site to give indepth reviews to help you better your writing. They also scour through the Literacy forum, writing tips and asking questions. All of these people are incredibly nice, and they would all love to help you if you ask.
Light Green and Green --> The Juniors Moderators and Moderators. The Junior Moderators are users that have been nominated for their position. They make are usually assigned to a certain forum and they are basically like Moderators, but don't have all the hype. Moderators are the people who moderate through all the site to make sure everyone is following the rules. They will warn you if you are doing something wrong and if you don't change, then they could possibly ban you which is not quite pleasant.
Red --> The Admins. These are the people who created the site and keep it running smoothly. They do maitenence and they also add the apporopriate upgrades. Nate is the actual creater.
Orange --> The Distinguished Members. These people are basically distinguished because of their efforts. They are usually retired Moderators.

Well, thats about it, and I don't want to over-lood you with information.

A tip I have though is to join a group that you are interested in. That is a great way to meet new people and find a common interest amoungst many other young writers.

If you have any questions, you can PM me. I will also be your friend if you need one.

See you around.
~Incognito
'Everyone is entitled to be stupid, some just abuse the priviledge.'

Random avatar

Mon Mar 16, 2009 6:03 pm
Evphrodite says...

Incognito Temptation wrote:Welcome to YWS Evphrodite! Don't worry, we don't bite [s]hard[/s].
Mind if I call you Ev?
My name is Incognito and unfortunately, I am unable to tell you about the rules, because I always tend to be late. :(

But anyways, I will inform you on the coloured names that you probably have seeb wandering around this site. The different colours mean different things.

Blue --> The Greeters. These people welcome new people like you, and before we got mentioned as robots and jumpy. That is only because we know all the rules by heart and we are all hopeing to actually get the chance to actually say the rules. We just want to make you feel welcome and make the transition into the world of YWS easier.
Purple --> The Instructors. These people are on the site to give indepth reviews to help you better your writing. They also scour through the Literacy forum, writing tips and asking questions. All of these people are incredibly nice, and they would all love to help you if you ask.
Light Green and Green --> The Juniors Moderators and Moderators. The Junior Moderators are users that have been nominated for their position. They make are usually assigned to a certain forum and they are basically like Moderators, but don't have all the hype. Moderators are the people who moderate through all the site to make sure everyone is following the rules. They will warn you if you are doing something wrong and if you don't change, then they could possibly ban you which is not quite pleasant.
Red --> The Admins. These are the people who created the site and keep it running smoothly. They do maitenence and they also add the apporopriate upgrades. Nate is the actual creater.
Orange --> The Distinguished Members. These people are basically distinguished because of their efforts. They are usually retired Moderators.

Well, thats about it, and I don't want to over-lood you with information.

A tip I have though is to join a group that you are interested in. That is a great way to meet new people and find a common interest amoungst many other young writers.

If you have any questions, you can PM me. I will also be your friend if you need one.

See you around.
~Incognito

Sure, thats what I like to be called.

And, OMG COON!
I had no idea that your username on here was Elf. Hiya!

Random avatar

Reviews: 20
Mon Mar 16, 2009 7:24 pm
MySunshine says...

Hey Ev :D Welcome to YWS!

How are you liking it here so far?

Since the rules have been covered ... why don't you tell me more about yourself? What genre do you prefer/write? What are your hobbies? Favorite books and movies?

Hope you enjoy it here - if you need any help, feel free to PM me ;)
MySunshine
♥And if you go, I wanna go with you. And if you die, I wanna die with you♥

No spring nor summer beauty hath such grace as I have seen in one autumnal face.
— John Donne