Sun Mar 15, 2009 8:33 pm
Spraynard Krueger says...

And Im new tooo! wheres my help?!

1272 Reviews

Reviews: 1272
Sun Mar 15, 2009 8:36 pm
Rosendorn says...

Hiya and welcome!

If by "help," you mean explanations and so-forth, here comes some of it, at least!

There are three main rules on YWS:

1- Review two works before posting any of your own. This helps spread the reviews around. Plus, people are very willing to return the favour. ;) It's asked you always keep that 2:1 ratio.

2- No chat-speak. That means proper grammar, spelling and caps. Some abbreviations like lol, brb, MC, POV and term abbreviations are okay, just don't overdo it.

3- Rated works are what we like to see! If a work is rated (and not rated R) it'll show up on the front page of YWS. You might even get more comments. Rated R works have the f-word and/or graphic scenes.

So, that's the rules.

What genres do you write in?

If you have any questions, PM me.

~Rosey
A writer is a world trapped in a person— Victor Hugo

Ink is blood. Paper is bandages. The wounded press books to their heart to know they're not alone.

146 Reviews

Reviews: 146
Sun Mar 15, 2009 9:13 pm
SeleneForeverDream says...

Hello Krueger, nice to meet you *shakes hand* welcome to the wonderful world of YWS! I shall be your guide today and show you around.

If you've been wondering about all the colors, they are our YWS staff. Here's what they do:

Blues- Are Greeters, like Rosey above me. They'll help introduce you to the site and make you feel welcome.

Purples- Are Instructors. They will critique the work that you submit on YWS very thoroughly.

Light Greens- Are Junior Moderators. They are Moderators in training and help control the forums.

Greens- Are Moderators. They help control the forums.

Red- Are Administrators of the site. They help out other members on the site and control it.

Tips:

1.) No one bites. Everyone on YWS is friendly, so don't be afraid to ask for help if your in need of it.

2.) Depending on what your interested in, we have some awesome groups.

3.) Make reviews longer than three sentences. No "That was awesome, keep writing!".

Questions:

So what do you enjoy writing?

What's your favorite music?

What writing are you currently working on?

If you need anything, want to ask a question, just feel like chatting or would like a review, feel free to PM me.
Got YWS?

You judge others upon their actions, but you judge yourself by your intention.

115 Reviews

Reviews: 115
Sun Mar 15, 2009 9:15 pm
mhmmcolleenx0 says...

Hello! Well Rosey said a lot of the rules so you may notice that some people have their names in colors. Here's what it means:

Black: Regular Members
Blue: Greeters, they make new members feel welcome and answer their questions about the site.
Purple: Instructors. They give you in-depth reviews.
Light Green: Junior moderators, who can moderate only certain forums.
Dark Green: Moderators, they can moderate all forums.
Red: Site Administrators who keep the site running smoothly.
Orange: Distinguished Members, retired moderators.

Hope you have fun on the site! If you have questions, PM me!
"Can't stop, won't stop. I must be dreaming."

37 Reviews

Reviews: 37
Sun Mar 15, 2009 10:24 pm
Winter's Twelfth Night says...

Hi there! I am Winter.

Everything has been covered! Oh no! Well, not everything...

Favorite Questions!
What is your favorite genre to read/write in?
What is your favorite book?
What is your favorite food?
What is your favorite music?
What is your favorite song?
What is your favorite brand of pencils?

If you have any questions, please PM me!
-Winter
Mamillius: Merry or sad shall’t be?
Hermione: As merry as you will.
Mamillius: A sad tale’s best for winter. I have one
Of sprites and goblins.

The Winter's Tale

Random avatar

Reviews: 20
Sun Mar 15, 2009 10:49 pm
MySunshine says...

Hey Spraynard :D
Welcome to YWS!

Well, you can get someone called "mentor" to help you find your way around - the thread is a sticky and can be found right here at the Welcome-Forum ;)

Other than that, I have the same questions as Winter ^^

Feel free to PM me if you need any help, alright?
MySunshine
♥And if you go, I wanna go with you. And if you die, I wanna die with you♥

107 Reviews

Reviews: 107
Sun Mar 15, 2009 11:18 pm
fluteluvr77 says...

**Gasp** Nearly everything has been covered! Nearly...So, I'll be going over the last thing about YWS that you should know. **cue dramatic music** The points system! So, every review you post should be longer than 3 lines, and after that each character is worth .2 points. The max points you can get for a review is 50 points. Each piece that you post costs you 150 points. If it is posted in the Advanced Critiques forum, it will cost you 300 points. For posting in certain forums like the Welcome Forum, you can earn points (it works the same way as the way to earn points in reviews). Alright, I think that's it. Feel free to PM me if you have any questions, need a review or just want to talk!
fluteluvr77<3
Love is the answer to life yet the slowest form of suicide.
Love is a paradox.
And that's why we love it.

Got YWS?

127 Reviews

Reviews: 127
Mon Mar 16, 2009 12:53 am
Incognito says...

Hello Spraynard.
I am Incognito, the Stealthiest of the Stealthy, and I will be not much help today because it seems that everyone else has pretty much covered it all. But I might as well welcome you a bit more with a couple of tips of mine.

If you ever need a review, there is a splendid Subforum underneath The Lounge in Community Forums. That Subforum is called the Will Review for Food forum. Behind that button there is desperate YWS users who wish to serve your every wish of reviewing. if you post in there, it is almost guarenteed that you will get a proper review.

Also, do not get upset if someone gives you a review. They are trying to help you get better, not be harsh or mean. They tell you the faults in your writing so that you can fix it up. It is honesty. They have nothing against you personally.

Another thing, might I mention is post around in the Literacy Forums. Those also will continue to help you writing proser into something beautiful and amazing. Also don't ever be afraid of what people will have to say about your writing. We are all kind her and as someone said before, we do not bite.

Now that is about it that I will bug you about, but I will just remind you that all of us are here for you if you need any help. We would be glad to help you. This site can be confusing at first, you don't have to afraid to admit it. Feel free to PM me if you need any help.

~Incognito
'Everyone is entitled to be stupid, some just abuse the priviledge.'

I sleep with reckless abandon!
— Link Neal