z

Young Writers Society

I'm a Newbie!

Reviews: 0
Sat Mar 14, 2009 11:15 pm
Jessica9813 says...

Hi. My name's Jessica. I just joined five minutes ago. Yeah.

Well, anyway, my older sister, her username on here is Monki, is helping me figure this place out. She suggested I introduce myself first thing. :]

So, that's it, I guess.

-Jessica

Random avatar

Reviews: 20
Sat Mar 14, 2009 11:18 pm
MySunshine says...

Hey Jessica!
Welcome to YWS :D

I guess since your sister's also a member here, we don't have to explain the rules?

So what are your hobbies? Favorite movies and books? What genre do you like most?

Feel free to ask for help if you need any ;)
MySunshine
♥And if you go, I wanna go with you. And if you die, I wanna die with you♥

228 Reviews

Reviews: 228
Sat Mar 14, 2009 11:21 pm
Linx says...

Hi Jessica! Welcome to YWS!

You're Monki's little sister? She's an awesome member on here.

YWS is an awesome place. There are a couple of rules though, but your sister will probably explain some of them to you.

We also love newbies, so be prepared. :lol:

So, do you care to tell more about yourself? What type of things to you write? Do you have a favorite genre? A favorite book?

Feel free to PM me if you want to.

*Cat
"A journey of a thousand miles must begin with a single step." ~ Lao-tzu

Attack, IM, or PM me at any time. I will respond. ;)

1272 Reviews

Reviews: 1272
Sat Mar 14, 2009 11:34 pm
Rosendorn says...

Hiya and welcome!

I won't go over rules, per say, but some little tips:

If you rate your works (and they're not rated R) then they'll show up on the front page of YWS. You might even get more comments. ;) Rated R works have the f-word and/or graphic scenes.

A review must be at least three lines long, or else it won't count. The bonus: not only are you helping other people get better at writing by pointing out what you liked/didn't like, you improve your own writing by figuring out what you like and don't like! ^_^

I'm a blue, so I kinda have to tell you that. (You have no idea how hard it was not to tell you all the rules. :lol:) I'm sure Monki will tell you what "a blue" is though, however. ;)

Well, I know you have Monki, but if you want somebody else to bug with questions, feel free to ask me!

~Rosey
A writer is a world trapped in a person— Victor Hugo

Ink is blood. Paper is bandages. The wounded press books to their heart to know they're not alone.

107 Reviews

Reviews: 107
Sat Mar 14, 2009 11:52 pm
fluteluvr77 says...

Heyy!**pounces on newbie and gives her a big hug** YWS is a pretty awesome place once you get used to the crazy members...Just kiddin, the people here are actually nice...Some (like me!) are a bit psycho, but y'know. ;) Since you're Monki's sister I'm assuming that you know the rules! So, tell us a little more about yourself. What do you like to read? Write? What kind of music do you like? Do you play an instrument? 'Kay I'm done with all the nosy questions...If you need help, a review or just want to talk, feel free to PM me! I mean, who wouldn't want to talk to an awesome newbie? :D
fluteluvr77<3
Love is the answer to life yet the slowest form of suicide.
Love is a paradox.
And that's why we love it.

Got YWS?

122 Reviews

Reviews: 122
Sun Mar 15, 2009 12:53 am
WaterVyper says...

Welcome! I'm sure that with Monki helping you out, you'll be just fine. YWS isn't that hard to understand. I'm sure that you'll get the hang of it in no time! Monki's a really great person.

Well, I'm sure you've got the rules and the colors already, so I guess it's time for the questions. What do you like to read and write? Who are your favorite authors? What are your interests inmovies or music? What other hobbies do you have? What's your favorite color? What do you want to accomplish while in YWS?

That's all the questions I have for now. I hope to see you soon! Need a review? Have some questions? Feel free to PM me for anything you need. See ya around!
There once was a cat.
He wasn’t particularly fat.
Fuzzy was his favorite mat.
And really, that was that.

Oh, but did you really think so?
Keep reading, it’s just the start of the show!
And as for how far this tale will go…
Well, even the cat doesn’t know.

37 Reviews

Reviews: 37
Sun Mar 15, 2009 2:20 am
Winter's Twelfth Night says...

Welcome to YWS Jessica! I'm Winter.

It seems that all of the questions have been asked, and I'm sure your sister has covered almost everything else. Oh well, you get to learn about the colors from me as well!

Blue: Greeters. We welcome the new members!
Purple: Instructors. They give lots of in-depth critiques and help you improve your writing.
Light Green/Green: Junior Mods/Mods. They help keep YWS safe and they make sure everyone follows the rules.
Red: Site administrators.
Orange: Distinguished members. Usually retired mods.

If you have any questions please PM me!
-Winter
Mamillius: Merry or sad shall’t be?
Hermione: As merry as you will.
Mamillius: A sad tale’s best for winter. I have one
Of sprites and goblins.

The Winter's Tale

Nothing is impossible, for the word itself says, 'I'm possible!'
— Audrey Hepburn