z

Young Writers Society

umm...?

Random avatar

Reviews: 0
Sat Mar 14, 2009 3:11 am
Megan, Sunshine says...

Apparently I am supposed to come over here and say hello.
I'm so confused..

2058 Reviews

Reviews: 2058
Sat Mar 14, 2009 3:13 am
Emerson says...

Hello! How are you? And, of course, welcome to the YWS!

So, I would suppose you write? What is your genre of choice - poetry, fiction, nonficton, grocery lists?

I would say, if you need help, go ahead and PM me to ask any questions, but I'm not around too often. ^_~ See the people in green, though? They're the moderators. Anytime you have a question or need help with something, feel free to send them a message and they'll help you!

Have a charming day!
“It's necessary to have wished for death in order to know how good it is to live.”
― Alexandre Dumas, The Count of Monte Cristo

107 Reviews

Reviews: 107
Sat Mar 14, 2009 3:23 am
fluteluvr77 says...

Heyy! Nice username Megan, Sunshine! So, welcome to YWS! Hah, you sound a bit intimidated, don't worry the people here are actually really nice :D. So, there's a few rules that you should know.
~2:1 Policy - For every piece that you post, you must have reviewed two other pieces. This helps to make sure that everyone gets reviewed.
~No chatspeak - Since this is a writing society, we would prefer not to use abbreviations like "g2g", "ttyl" and stuff like that...
~No caps lock - Don't write posts in caps lock, it annoys most of the members in the site.
~Use proper punctuation, grammar, and spelling in all posts - ...self-explanatory
Don't worry, the rules are pretty easy to get used to, and the people here are really nice. If you mess up once or twice it's no big deal. :D
Some of the colors of people that you should know are :
~No color - They're normal members
~Blues - They're greeters that float around in the welcome forum, and welcome newbies.
~Purples - They're instructors that specialize in giving in-depth critiques.
~Green - As Suzanne mentioned, they're moderators that help you get used to the site.
I think that's about all you need to know...:P I hope you're a little less confused now...
So, tell us a little more about yourself! What kind of books do you like to read? What do you like to write?
Feel free to PM me if you have any questions!
fluteluvr77<3
Love is the answer to life yet the slowest form of suicide.
Love is a paradox.
And that's why we love it.

Got YWS?

47 Reviews

Reviews: 47
Sat Mar 14, 2009 9:18 am
Shauni says...

Hi there! Please, don't be confused. Everybody is here to help you. It's a pleasure to have you here :D. Now some things that fluteluvr77 didn't mentioned:

1. Please rate your works, and that is not rated R. Rated R are the ones that have f-word and/or graphic scenes. If you rate your works they will appear on the YWS front page, the ones that are rated form G to PG-13! :) The only ones that don't show up (besides unrated works) are works rated R.

2. "Review Concept" a review must be at least three lines long. When you review always try to be nice and actually help the one that your are reviewing not just saying " I love it!" or "Fantastic!". No, please try always to make a constructive review, okay? :wink:

3. The other colours, by order:

*blues (already mentioned)
*purples (already mentioned)
* green: Well, there are to types of green here; the light green and the dark green. The difference: light greens don't have so many power as the dark greens. That's it.
*Orange: Distinguish members
*Red : YWS administrators

So, that it!
What are you're favourite books/musics? *I love to ask questions. Feel free to navigate and explore YWS whenever you ant. You can learn a lot here!*

Feel free to PM me anytime that I will answer as soon as possible! :P (even if is just to say hello, I love to meet new people...:D)

Best wishes

~Shauni

146 Reviews

Reviews: 146
Sat Mar 14, 2009 2:58 pm
SeleneForeverDream says...

Hey Megan, welcome to YWS! :D I'm Selene and I will be your YWS host for today.

I see you've been shown the rules by everyone else, so here's a few pointers to navigating around the site. I know YWS is a large site that may seem daunting at first, but it's better when you know a few things on how to get around:

1.) Depending on what your interested in, we have lots of really awesome groups. We have everything from a Debate Group to a TV show fan group. When you go to the Group button you can find a group from there.

2.) You can make your own Blog and see others when you press the Blog button.

3.) There is a chat that's sometimes open on the homepage if you want to make new friends or discuss your writing.

If you need any help with anything, just want to chat or would like a review, feel free to PM me.
Got YWS?

You judge others upon their actions, but you judge yourself by your intention.

263 Reviews

Reviews: 263
Sat Mar 14, 2009 3:17 pm
Angels-Symphony says...

Welcome, Megan, to the Young Writer's Society ^^ I'm Shina, one of the greeters ;)

Don't worry about being confused or overwhelmed by this seemingly colossal site! Okay, well maybe it is getting a bit big, but it's really not as hard as it seems. The first step in getting the full benefit of the YWS is to loosen up! Get yourself out there and don't be afraid to ask questions and request friends. Make friends to help you along the way! Join chats and see what's happening. Just don't be too presumptious. The other members of YWS like nice new people, but they have to get warmed up to you first.

I have a few pieces of advice I will share with you on how to become big on this site:

Make friends with the colored name people *pokes posts above*. They're the members who'll be able to help you the most because they know the most xD They also give the best reviews, critiques, and advice since they're earned their positions.

Don't take all reviews to heart! YWS people love to tear writing pieces apart, but it's only for the benefit of the writer. They want you to improve your writing and believe in honesty and direct opinions, most of them anyway >< They're entitled to their opinion once you post your work for the public to read. Just remember to not let them bring you down and to look at them with a positive attitude. Remember that you don't have to change your writing unless you want too. The pen is in your hand.

Be fearless! Post your writing and don't be afraid of criticism. Visit forums! Chat in the chat room. Join a storybook or join a group. Get yourself into conversations you can relate to. Just remember to follow the basic rules of thumb and you'll be on your way. Also, always be ahead of your readers when writing a novel. Being a chapter ahead will keep you ahead of the game.

That's all I have at the moment.

Peace, Love :smt049 ,
and Sugar Coated Awesome :smt020

~Shina
You cannot dream yourself into a character; you must hammer and forge yourself into one.

The writer, when he is also an artist, is someone who admits what others don't dare reveal.

1272 Reviews

Reviews: 1272
Sat Mar 14, 2009 6:49 pm
Rosendorn says...

Hiya and welcome!

Hmm, everybody has beaten me to the main stuff. Just dropping by to say if you have any questions, feel free to PM me. :D You can do that by clicking the little "PM me" button under my post.

Answering questions is something I just love to do. ^_^

~Rosey
A writer is a world trapped in a person— Victor Hugo

Ink is blood. Paper is bandages. The wounded press books to their heart to know they're not alone.

Random avatar

Reviews: 20
Sat Mar 14, 2009 10:34 pm
MySunshine says...

Hey Megan, and welcome to YWS :D

Don't worry, it happens to everyone - YWS can really be a little confusing.
But you've got a lot of people willing to help you out, and if you want to, you can get a mentor who'll show you around here ;)

But anyways, why don't you tell us a little more about yourself?
What kind of stories do you write? What're your hobbies, favorite movies and books?

Feel free to ask for help if you need any ;)
MySunshine
♥And if you go, I wanna go with you. And if you die, I wanna die with you♥

I like nonsense, it wakes up the brain cells. Fantasy is a necessary ingredient in living, it's a way of looking at life through the wrong end of a telescope. Which is what I do, and that enables you to laugh at life's realities.
— Dr. Seuss