z

Young Writers Society

Knee-muh the poetry addict !

Reviews: 0
Fri Mar 13, 2009 8:06 pm
Knee-muh says...

Hello Everyone =)
My name is Nema..I'm 19 yrs from Egypt..
I've been writing poetry for 5 years now.
Poetry means so so much to me that it's actually my life..I'm a poetry addict and I hold a group in facebook that is called "poetry addicts".
Everything I write or do, I try to make it sound poetic.

I study in the faculty of languages, Spanish is my major, then English and of course Arabic.

I would love to know you guys more =)

107 Reviews

Reviews: 107
Fri Mar 13, 2009 8:19 pm
fluteluvr77 says...

Heyy! Glad to meet another poetry addict! I've been writing poetry for the past two years too, and absolutely adore it. So, welcome to YWS. Random stuff that you probably should know about this site (aka rules ;) ) are :
~ No chatspeak : This includes stuff like "g2g", "b" instead of be etc. Proper grammar and spelling always have to be used so some moderator doesn't bite your head off... Hehe, I'm just kidding, the people here are actually really nice.
~ No caps lock : If you're reviewing a piece of work or writing a post, use proper grammar. Don't type in caps, it annoys most members.
~2:1 policy : You have to review two pieces of writing before posting any of your pieces. This way everyone gets a review.
'Kay I think that's about it. Don't worry if you mess up on some of these...When you're new at the site, it's not a big deal. And, the moderators will remind you. You get used to the rules after a while. :D
The colors :
~No color - Normal member
~Blue - Greeters that welcome people to YWS
~Purple - Instructors that specialize in giving in-depth critiques
~Orange - Moderators that give you advice and help you get used to the site.
Those are probably the people that you will see around the most. Glad to see a new member. PM me if you have any questions, want a review, or even if you just want to talk.
fluteluvr77<3
Love is the answer to life yet the slowest form of suicide.
Love is a paradox.
And that's why we love it.

Got YWS?

Fri Mar 13, 2009 8:58 pm
Knee-muh says...

Oh okay sure =)
I hate abbreviations anyway !
And of course, I'd love to read more than share really.

Thank you =)

1272 Reviews

Reviews: 1272
Fri Mar 13, 2009 9:30 pm
Rosendorn says...

Hiya and welcome!

The other colours that you'll notice prowling around are:

Light green- Jr. Mods. They are mods in training and have modly powers in some forums.

Green- Mods. Mod powers everywhere. They keep things running nice and smoothly.

Red- Admins. Nate is the founder of YWS, Meshugenah and Firestarter are his assistants.

Also, a bit more on reviews and abbreviations.

A review must be at least three lines long or it doesn't count as an actual "review." Bonus: The more you can pick out in other people's writing, the better your own gets.

Stuff like brb, ftw, lol, MC, POV and other term abbreviations are fine. It's stuff like u and gr8 that drive some members up the wall.

You're from Egypt? Cool! I just love Egyptology. ^_^ Have you ever been to the pyramids or the valley of the kings?

Ohh, you'll like a group here on YWS. It's called Poetry Inspiration. ^_^ Click on the big Groups button in the header and scroll down 'till you reach it. While you're there, check out some of the other groups! We have one for just about everything. :D

If you have any questions, feel free to PM me.

~Rosey
A writer is a world trapped in a person— Victor Hugo

Ink is blood. Paper is bandages. The wounded press books to their heart to know they're not alone.

Random avatar

Reviews: 20
Fri Mar 13, 2009 11:20 pm
MySunshine says...

Hey Nema :D Welcome to YWS!!

Ooh, I heard so many things about Egypt! I want to go there sometime!

But - why don't you tell us a little more about yourself? What are your hobbies? Do you write anything else besides poetry? What are your favorite books and movies?

Now, I'd offer to review your works, but unfortunately, poetry isn't my forte at all and all I can say is "it rhymes" and "it sounds nice", so I guess that wouldn't be of much help ...
There are tons of writers here, though, that will be able to help you improve, so feel free to post your works, alright?

Don't hesitate to PM me if you need any help ;)
MySunshine
♥And if you go, I wanna go with you. And if you die, I wanna die with you♥

127 Reviews

Reviews: 127
Sat Mar 14, 2009 12:11 am
Incognito says...

I would just like to correct fluteluvr77 for just one second please. Actually Orange is not the moderators... They are actually the distinguish members. They are usually retired mods and have been on the site for quite some time.

Hello Nema! And welcome to YWS.

I can autmatically assume that I will be envious of you in the future because it seems apparent that you already have topped me in one thing. Poetry. I can not write poetry if my life depended on it. It is quite horrible! It kind of makes me sad.

Just a tip that I would like to let you know. If you need a review for any of your works you have posted, there is a subforum called the Will Review For Food forum. If you post there, you will automatically get a review almost guarenteed. There is plenty of good simartians in there that would love to give you a helping hand.

Also, I recommend joining groups. You meet a lot of people there with the same interests as you and it can get to be quite a lot of fun.

Now, let's get to know you a bit better. How about I ask you my usual interrogation questions?
1) If you could go any where in the world, where would you go? [s]Say Canada![/s]
2) What kind of genre or type of writing do you like to read?
3) If you were trapped in a bubble for the rest of your life, what would you do to keep yourself occupied?
4) Have you ever done something really idiotic and ended up embarassing yourself infront of a lot of people? If so, what were you doing?
5) And finally, have you ever got caught picking your nose in poblic?

Well that's about it and I hope you enjoy YWS as much as all the people on here. I can guarentee you that you will be satisfied by this site. If you need any help locating anything or just need advice in general, feel free to PM me. I am also open for friendship if you need it.

~Incognito
'Everyone is entitled to be stupid, some just abuse the priviledge.'

268 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 268
Sat Mar 14, 2009 12:14 am
Adnamarine says...

Wooo! Poetry addicts ftw!

So, I have to plug this awesome usergroup to you, called Poetry Inspiration. It's relatively new, and of course, devoted to poetry. There's an awesome contest going on there right now! You should absolutely join! I'd be so excited. :) Poetry's amazing, no?
Here's the link.

To be honest, I'm almost jealous you've been writing poetry for longer than I have. :P I'd never given poetry any thought 5 years ago. Then again, when I'm 19 I'll have been writing it for as long as you, so guess there isn't much of a difference. =)

Languages are wonderful, too. That's really neat, what you're studying. I don't really have any experience with learning different languages, but I'd love to be able to speak another one fluently, especially Italian, or German.

Now, if you have any questions about this place at all, don't hesitate to PM me. I can totally understand it seeming slightly overwhelming at first. Then again, I had little experience with computers in general when I joined, so no wonder I was lost. But it is a big place.

I really look forward to seeing you around the site; especially the poetry forums, I suppose. And maybe the Poetry Inspiration usergroup? :P

And hey, if you want a review of something let me know! I'd be very very happy to, if you'd like. :)

Welcome aboard!

-Adna
"Half the time the poem writes me." ~Meshugenah

Tue Mar 17, 2009 3:29 pm
Knee-muh says...

Yay...Thank you guys so much..
Adna..I would love to check out your group..I will review it in a couple of mins or so.
I study Spanish in general, everything about the language, you know to be a translator we translate lots of articles, political, medical, economical and all these stuff.

Inc.temptation..haha, I would love to answer your Qs =))

1) If you could go any where in the world, where would you go?
haha, I don't know, but I would really love to visit the whole world, though I would say Spain (sorry lol)
2) What kind of genre or type of writing do you like to read?
I had a passion for dark stuff, and sad stuff too, only because they are the most sensuous poems to me..I hate love poems seriously, they make me feel like the world is just perfect with no single flaws, which is just a stupid dream.
3) If you were trapped in a bubble for the rest of your life, what would you do to keep yourself occupied?
My laptop hehe, I'm a complete addict to the internet, especially that I read thousands of poems online.
4) Have you ever done something really idiotic and ended up embarrassing yourself infront of a lot of people? If so, what were you doing?
partially yeah..I embarrassed myself in front of my colleagues in college when I said "ENOUGH" for the assignment the professor was giving us..but thank god she didn't hear me haha.
5) And finally, have you ever got caught picking your nose in public?
Eww..Nah !

Rosey..
You're from Egypt? Cool! I just love Egyptology. ^_^ Have you ever been to the pyramids or the valley of the kings?
Actually no..people find it really weird hehe, but it's because I only came to egypt recently, I used to live my whole life somewhere else, but I would really really love to.

MySunshine..Well..to tell you more about me..
I love reading yeah, but I mostly read poetry books only, I used to draw when I was a little girl, but not anymore.
My passion is poetry yeah..and I love languages, I love to learn the phonetics and I'm in love with vocabulary, weird huh?
My fave movies..hmmm..I LOOOVE scent of a woman, it's my all time favorite movie.
Favorite books..poetry books :D

Thank you everyone =))

1272 Reviews

Reviews: 1272
Tue Mar 17, 2009 8:11 pm
Rosendorn says...

No kidding! Nothing beats seeing history up-close.

Oh, and a quick tip, when you want to quote somebody, just put [quote ] (no space) at the beginning of the quoted text, and [/quote ] (no space) at the end.
A writer is a world trapped in a person— Victor Hugo

Ink is blood. Paper is bandages. The wounded press books to their heart to know they're not alone.

2058 Reviews

Reviews: 2058
Tue Mar 17, 2009 8:29 pm
Emerson says...

Hey there and welcome to the YWS! It makes me excited your bilingual. :) Bilingualism, to me, is an amazing thing! I speak English, French, and bits of German and Russian. I'm hoping to learn Arabic one day, but that might not be for a few years.

I was curious, since you're so poetry obsessed, who are your favorite poets?
“It's necessary to have wished for death in order to know how good it is to live.”
― Alexandre Dumas, The Count of Monte Cristo

Ogres are like onions.
— Shrek