Hi, ksjo95! Welcome, welcome... :)

I'm fine, thank you, and how are you?

268 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 268
Fri Mar 13, 2009 7:07 pm
Adnamarine says...

HI! :D

I haven't been the very first to greet a new member in a while, this is exciting!

Now, first of all, we do have a couple rules here.
Before you post any of your own writing, please do two reviews - meaning, at least 50 words, to make it count. From there, please keep a 2:1 ratio - two reviews for each piece of your own that you post. That makes sure there are plenty of reviews to go around, and plus, people are likely to return the favour.

Also: no chatspeak. We're writers, no? :) Proper grammar, capitalization, and punctuation, etc, would be appreciated.

A good place to start out, especially if you're feeling a little lost, is the FAQ, in this welcome. You can also check out the 'Rules and Guides' under the Help & Support tab, top of the page.

I don't know what types of things you like to write, but I'd love to give you your first review! Especially if it's poetry ;) Don't feel obligated, though, if poetry isn't your thing :) If it is, however, check out this usergroup. We have a great many other usergroups also, of course, from Character Development to 'Girls Only' to Mythology Maniacs. :)

You're going to have a great time here. :) I, for one, have made some really close friends and certainly become a better writer.
And there's tons to do. You don't get bored. :) Contests, reviewing, word games, reviewing, usergroups, reviewing, blogs, reviewing, book reviews, reviewing, occasionally our chatroom (you can see when it will be open in The Information Desk, which is a good place to check regularly for updates from our incredible admin Nate), and, don't know if I mentioned this, reviewing.

If you need ANY help with ANYTHING, OR if you want review, OR if you just want to talk :) don't hesitate to send me a PM!

Welcome aboard. :)

..... wow, I have a lot of smilies in this post.

EDIT: I knew someone would get their greet posted before I finished this. :P We're just all so excited when we have new members, really!
"Half the time the poem writes me." ~Meshugenah

47 Reviews

Reviews: 47
Fri Mar 13, 2009 7:11 pm
Shauni says...

Fine, thank you very much! Welcome to YWS!! We are all very nice here, so don't worry!
Now, my new *friend*, we have so basic here:

1. Please, before you make a post review two times, okay? We like to see reviewed works and like that people will start knowing you for you reviews on their works!:D

2.Rate your works. Rated works appear on the front board which is very nice. That way we are always in touch with the newest works, okay? And rated works are not the R ones.

3. No chat speak please. Punctuation and capitalized words are wanted. We are all writers here so... Proper English!

I hope you enjoy the all experience of the YWS. It's always great to see more people joining.
What are your favourite books/musics? *Lets see if something matches mines :P*

Anything just PM me!

Shauni

P.S There are some more rules you should know but I will that to other members. We need to share the newbies! :D

1272 Reviews

Reviews: 1272
Fri Mar 13, 2009 9:39 pm
Rosendorn says...

Hiya and welcome!

Rated R works, to clear that up, have the f-word and/or graphic scenes.

Some abbreviations such as lol, brb, ftw, MC, POV and other term abbreviations are fine. It's just stuff like u and gr8 that drive some members up the wall. ;)

Mind telling us a bit more about yourself? Who are your favourite authors? What are your favourite books? What genres do you write in?

If you have any questions, feel free to PM me.

~Rosey
A writer is a world trapped in a person— Victor Hugo

Ink is blood. Paper is bandages. The wounded press books to their heart to know they're not alone.

356 Reviews

Reviews: 356
Fri Mar 13, 2009 11:02 pm
*writewatiwant* says...

Hey ksjo95! Welcome to YWS!
AS everyone have explained you the rules, I'll just give you the colors explanation.
So, if you have looked around you might have noticed that some of our members have colored names. That's because they have a job.

Blue - Greeters. They welcome the newbies (like Rosey and Adnamarine above).

Purple - Instructors. they answer your questions and give the most constructive reviews.

Light and dark green - They are Junior Moderators and Moderators. Their job is to overview the greeters and Instructors job and to direct civil discussions, and such.

Red - Administrators. They keep the site running smoothly.

Orange - Basically retired Administrators and Mods.

So what are your favs? Food/color/band/music/movie/book/author?

See you around :D

*Kat*
PM me if you need anything!
Piglet: How do you spell love?
Pooh: You don't spell it. You feel it.

The Buddy System Check us out!

263 Reviews

Reviews: 263
Fri Mar 13, 2009 11:05 pm
Angels-Symphony says...

Welcome to YWS ksjo95 ^^ I'm Shina ;) one of the greeters *pokes blue title*

Okay, I'm going to give you a few tips on how to take advantage of YWS. You should use this site for your benefit since no ones stopping you and because they make it pretty easy.

1. Don't take reviews to heart. Many times people get discouraged because they get some bad reviews. YWS members are entitled to their opinions. If they have something to say they'll say it. Only change things if you find it necessary.

2. Get yourself out there! in order to take advantage of the YWS opportunities, you must get yourself and your work out in the open. Don't be afraid to be yourself and to put your dreams to paper.

That's all I have for now. PM me if you need anything else ;P

~Shina

You cannot dream yourself into a character; you must hammer and forge yourself into one.

The writer, when he is also an artist, is someone who admits what others don't dare reveal.

127 Reviews

Reviews: 127
Sat Mar 14, 2009 1:25 am
Incognito says...

Hello ksjo95 and welcome to YWS! Don't worry, we won't bite [s]hard[/s].
You can call me Incognito, or Inc. As you can tell I am a greeter if you read the messages before this one. But what sets me apart from the other greeters is that unfortunately I am always late and it seems that I am never able to actually inform the new people of the rules. And this concerns you how? No reason at all. It is my own fault.

Well, welcome to YWS as I said before.

Just to let you know that if you are ever in need of a review just take a little gander over towards the subforum called Will Review For Food. There, if you post, you will almost guarenteed get a review.

Also, I know how confusing this site can be for a new user. Don't be afraid, you will get the hang of it soon enough, but in the meantime, if you are having any trouble trying to locate places around the forum, you can ask me or anybody for help. We would be much oblidged to help you,

Now why don't you introduce yourself a bit more? Tell a little bit about yourself. I will get you started off with some very interesting questions.
1) What is your favourite kind of food? (Indian, Canadian, Chinese, Japanese, etc.)
2) Would your rather fly, swim, or walk?
3) If you could have anything in the world, what would it be?
4) What kind of music do you listen to?
5) And finally, do you have a name you would be prefered to be called on this site? If so, what is it?

Well, thats about it. I welcome you and I hope you enjoy your time here.

~Incognito
'Everyone is entitled to be stupid, some just abuse the priviledge.'

Random avatar

Reviews: 20
Sat Mar 14, 2009 10:24 pm
MySunshine says...

Hey ksjo95 - welcome to YWS :D

Hope you're enjoying it here ^^

All the rules have been explained and all questions asked, so that only leaves me with agreeing with the others ... and wishing you a great time on YWS ;)

PM me if you need any help :D
MySunshine
♥And if you go, I wanna go with you. And if you die, I wanna die with you♥

107 Reviews

Reviews: 107
Sat Mar 14, 2009 11:58 pm
fluteluvr77 says...

Heyy ksjo95! Welcome to YWS! All the rules have pretty much been covered...So, why don't you tell us a little more about yourself? What kind of books do you like to read? What kind of stuff do you like to write? Do you play an instrument? What kind of music do you like to listen to? Haha, I'm about done with the nosy questions xD. Trust me, there's someone who has the same interests as you in here somewhere! Anywayz, hope to know a little more about you and see some of your writing! Feel free to PM me if you have any questions, need a review or just want to talk!
fluteluvr77<3
Love is the answer to life yet the slowest form of suicide.
Love is a paradox.
And that's why we love it.

Got YWS?

Reviews: 0
Wed Mar 25, 2009 7:13 pm
ksjo95 says...

Well, hey!

Haven't been on here for a while, but that's mainly because I've been working on a story! If you're interested, I might post an extract soon, after I've reviewed some other people's work of course!
Last edited by ksjo95 on Sun Nov 22, 2009 6:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

26 Reviews

Reviews: 26
Wed Mar 25, 2009 9:53 pm
mystymizer says...

Hey there!

Everything has been said to you already!
I really hope you enjoy your stay at YWS, everybody usually does!

Have fun and good luck with your writing! ^^
- - No one is free while others are oppressed - -
Gandhi.

Random avatar

Reviews: 27
Thu Mar 26, 2009 12:45 am
Saphirra says...

Hey! Well, everything's been said, so I'll just say that I hope you like this site. I'm actually pretty knw myself, so feel free to PM me! :D
-Saphirra
“Only as high as I reach can I grow, only as far as I seek can I go, only as deep as I look can I see, only as much as I dream can I be.”

Random avatar

Reviews: 0
Thu Mar 26, 2009 2:13 am
PleasantlyPlump says...

Hello,
Pleasanlty Plump here. Perhaps the best example of the word euphemism, pleasantly plump is an excellent way of describing a "slightly" overweight person. Since I am a Hostess fiend, I thought it proper.

How is everyone tonight? Is life traveling smoothly?

1272 Reviews

Reviews: 1272
Thu Mar 26, 2009 10:42 pm
Rosendorn says...

Hello!

Might I suggest you start a new thread to introduce yourself? You might get more replies. ;)

If you have any questions, PM me.

~Rosey
A writer is a world trapped in a person— Victor Hugo

Ink is blood. Paper is bandages. The wounded press books to their heart to know they're not alone.

I'm not so good with the advice... Can I interest you in a sarcastic comment?
— Chandler Bing