z

Young Writers Society

Yesimback

Random avatar

Reviews: 0
Thu Mar 12, 2009 5:42 pm
Yesimback says...

Hey guys my name is Yesimback... my name is Yesimback because i just returned from the war in iraq...I am a young writer that never got the chance to go to college and i didn't get my G.I. bill. I witnessed some extremely amazing phenoms in iraq and i have come to share my story write me if you want to hear of my adventures.

1272 Reviews

Reviews: 1272
Thu Mar 12, 2009 5:59 pm
Rosendorn says...

Hiya and welcome!

Just keep in mind three rules and you'll be set!

1- Review two works before posting your own. As much as we'd like to see your work, we'd like it even more if you gave back to the other writers on here. ^_^ A review must be over three lines long. It's asked you always keep that 2:1 ratio (or more, if you so fancy)

2- No chat-speak. That means proper grammar, spelling and caps. Some abbreviations like lol, brb, POV, MC and other term abbreviations are fine, just don't overdo it. ;)

3- Rated works are smiled upon at YWS. :D If you rate your work (and it's not rated R) it will show up on the front page of YWS for all to see! You might even get more comments. Rated R works have the f-word and/or graphic scenes.

Wow, Iraq? That must have been... there is no word for what I want to say. Amazing and frightening probably top the list.

I, at least, would love to hear about what you've seen! I just love that kind of fiction. The kind that digs into human emotion and brings it all up. Please, when you've posted some stuff, let me know! (the proper forum would be non-fiction, if they're real-life tales)

If you have any questions, PM me.

~Rosey
A writer is a world trapped in a person— Victor Hugo

Ink is blood. Paper is bandages. The wounded press books to their heart to know they're not alone.

1274 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1274
Thu Mar 12, 2009 6:50 pm
niteowl says...

Hi and welcome! Since Rosey covered the rules, I'll go straight to the fun part. Charlie?

YESIMBACK, WELCOME BACK! AND HEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEERE'S YOUR GIFT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:D :) :( :o :shock: :? 8) :lol: :x :P :oops: :cry: :evil: :twisted: :roll: :wink: :!: :?: :idea: :arrow: :| :mrgreen: :elephant: :thud: :smt006 :smt007 :smt004 :smt026 :smt024 :smt016 :smt021 :smt020 :smt027 :smt031 :smt041 :smt059 :smt068 :smt072 :smt064 :smt077 :smt114 :smt084 :smt109 :smt101 :smt083 :smt116 :smt115 :pirate1: :ftw: :smt035
"You do ill if you praise, but worse if you censure, what you do not understand." Leonardo Da Vinci

<YWS><R1>

101 Reviews

Reviews: 101
Thu Mar 12, 2009 7:32 pm
God says...

just out of random curiosity?

why does it say you are only 15?

how many 15 year olds do you know from Iraq?

not to be a doubting thomas, but I think you might have either made a mistake, or are lying, not to be offensive.

if it is a simple mistake, and you are not actually 15, then I suggest you change it, if you are lying about having been to Iraq, then I suggest you tell the truth, or leave. and if you are lying about being 15, I suggest you give us your real age, or leave.

and anyone who refers to War as an "adventure" is seriously messed up, or has no idea what he or she is talking about. war is not an adventure. it's not a game, and it is not to be taken lightly, in the case that you actually happen to be a real veteran, I apologize for my behavior, but my father is a veteran, from Vietnam, my brother is in the army now, and people should not make light of war. ever.

Peace.
God
Don't take life too seriously, no one gets out alive

127 Reviews

Reviews: 127
Thu Mar 12, 2009 7:53 pm
Incognito says...

Welcome to YWS Yesimback.

I am also a bit iffy with your age. In Canada, you are not even allowed into the army yet. I am quite confused about in America, but I assume that is almost the same. I am also sure that you could nto lie to the officials when joining the army because you would have to get a fake birth ceritificate, a fake I.D. and in Canada, a fake high school diploma. That would be a bit much just to get into some stupid war.

Also, a lot of soldiers don't go over until they are 24 or 25, 21 at the least. I am sorry I doubt you, but I have the same oppinion as God.

But on with the warm welcome giving!

I indeed love reading war stories, so if you enjoy writing them, I would love to read them. I have read a couple on here, and I am quite amazed at the knowledge of some of the writers.

On YWS, we review, but most of the time, the review is a critique. So don't get offended if you get one. We are just trying to help your writing get better and improved so that you can be the best you can be.

It also appears that Rosey has given you to rules, so I really do not have much else to say.

Nice to meet you.

~Incognito
'Everyone is entitled to be stupid, some just abuse the priviledge.'

157 Reviews

Reviews: 157
Thu Mar 12, 2009 10:22 pm
alwaysawriter says...

For the record, everyone, he's never been to Iraq. He's a fifteen year old in my Digital Communications class that saw YWS on my moniter after a test today and thought it would be fun to mess with people. I would have cleared that up earlier but he sits right next to me and would have deleted it.

His name's Joey. He doesn't read or write. He plays WoW all of the time.

Sorry for ruining your fun, Joey, and sorry I couldn't give you a proper YWS welcome like everyone else has done but I thought I'd warn everyone else.

-Kathryn (Always to everyone else)
Meshugenah says to (18:12:36):
Kat's my new favorite. other than Sachi.

WWJD: What Would Jabber Do?

489 Reviews

Reviews: 489
Fri Mar 13, 2009 2:57 am
Dreamwalker says...

Hi and welcome to YWS Yesimback. I'm The.Dreamwalker but most people call me dreamwalker or dreamy. You can call me whatever!

And sure you'll get used to all of these.. interesting characters soon enough ;).

And I'm sure everyone else has already forced all the rules on you, so all I'll say is.. PLEASE dont use too many semi colons in your work.. I hate those :P

Oh and if you need anything at all, like a work reviewed or some sort, I'll be happy to ablige! Just send me a PM :)
Suppose for a moment that the heart has two heads, that the heart has been chained and dunked in a glass booth filled with river water. The heart is monologuing about hesitation and fulfillment while behind the red brocade the heart is drowning. - R.S

1464 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1464
Thu Apr 02, 2009 2:55 am
JabberHut says...

His name's Joey. He doesn't read or write. He plays WoW all of the time.

D: I play WoW too!
I make my own policies.

To be a master of metaphor is the greatest thing by far. It is the one thing that cannot be learnt from others, and it is also a sign of genius.
— Aristotle, Poetics