z

Young Writers Society

Not from London

5 Reviews

Reviews: 5
Thu Mar 12, 2009 4:06 am
Evacuating London says...

I'm not evacuating it either. No, I'm just your average insanely real girl. I like staying in bed reading romance (not the inappropriate kind) novels and eating chocolate chip cookies. You know, because cookies are cool like that. Anyways, I go to school, I sleep, I eat, I work. I'm...a very boring person. Geezness, if you're still reading this, here's a gold star for reading this whole thing without clicking somewhere else or dozing off right in the middle.

I am terribly,terribly sorry from the bottom of my heart for this aaaaaabsolutely boring introductory message, but that's who I am. If you're just as insanely real and boring as I am, then send me a message anytime, or if you just wanna say hi then I take those too :D I'm looking forward to posting my works on this site and reviewing other people's stuff too (of course).

Ciao dah-lings,
Evacuating *dun dun dun* London
"there is a light somewhere.
it may not be much light but
it beats darkness."

1258 Reviews

Reviews: 1258
Thu Mar 12, 2009 4:15 am
Sam says...

But I love inappropriate romance novels....

Just kidding. I love London too. ^_^ Great to have you around! I see you've already reviewed one thing, but make sure you get out and fling your reviews at people before you post something of your work.

And this work, I'd like to see.

I'm sure there will be a deluge of people reminding you of the rules, so I won't do that! But make yourself at home, and don't hesitate to drop me a line if you have any questions or require assistance.
Graffiti is the most passionate form of literature there is.

- Demetri Martin

104 Reviews

Reviews: 104
Thu Mar 12, 2009 4:33 am
View Likes
Storm_Bringer says...

Heya~!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WELCOME TOOOO YWS!!!
I'm sure you not insanely boring... Though i think i might be. What do you write? What do you like to read? Huhuhuhuhuhuhuh??? I'm dying to know! YEah well my favs are fantasy and romance too. If you need a review just PM me. Umm I'm not really sure on all the rules but here are some!

1) Every story you post you have to do two reviews first. (make sure it is counted as a review.)

OR one. Sorry. I'm kinda new too so...
Yeah, ANYWAy WELCOME! AND IM SURE you'll have an awesome fantastic time!
PM me for anything! -Storm
"You know when you're in love when you can't fall asleep because reality is finally better than your dreams."
~~~
Need a review?
One Stormy Review Coming Right Up!

122 Reviews

Reviews: 122
Thu Mar 12, 2009 11:50 am
WaterVyper says...

Hiyas Evacuating London! I'm sure that you aren't all that boring. All of us has a bit of boring in us, just as we have excitement as well. It's all part of the cycle. Did that sound weird? I'm hoping it does. Because, yaknow, I'm just feeling a bit weird and I was wondering if it was weird. Because if you're feeling weird, then people will automatically assume that everything you say is weird, since you're weird... I'll stop being confusing now.

Well, Stormy has already gave you the 2:1 review ratio rule. It makes sure that everyone gets a review. A review is counted as something that is helpful, and the more you pick out, the more helpful it'll be. You earn points for reviewing, and that'll determine the member of the week.

There's another rule, which is the No Chatspeak rule. That means to use proper grammar, spelling, and capitalization at all times. We're almost all grammar Nazis here, so some of us might bite your head off. Just kidding. Well, it makes your posts more legible, and it won't cause misunderstandings. Um... so... Be vewy, vewy quiet. I'm hunting chatspeak!

Now, tell us more about yourself. What do you like to write? What and who do you like to read? Any favorite books? What about music? Movies? Other hobbies?

If you need anything, feel free to PM me. I hope to see you around soon. See ya!
There once was a cat.
He wasn’t particularly fat.
Fuzzy was his favorite mat.
And really, that was that.

Oh, but did you really think so?
Keep reading, it’s just the start of the show!
And as for how far this tale will go…
Well, even the cat doesn’t know.

Random avatar

Reviews: 20
Thu Mar 12, 2009 5:01 pm
MySunshine says...

Hey Evacuating London! Welcome to YWS!

I love Romance and chocolate chip cookies as well :D They're awesome and delicious ;)
You don't sound boring ^^ But you could tell us a little more about yourself!

What are your hobbies? Do you write romance stories or stories of another genre? Your favorite books, movies and music?

Feel free to PM me if you need any help, and also if you post anything of yours and I'll be happy to review it ;)
MySunshine
♥And if you go, I wanna go with you. And if you die, I wanna die with you♥

488 Reviews

Reviews: 488
Thu Mar 12, 2009 5:57 pm
Meshugenah says...

Hi! *waves*
***Under the Responsibility of S.P.E.W.***
(Sadistic Perplexion of Everyone's Wits)

Medieval Lit! Come here to find out who Chaucer plagiarized and translated - and why and how it worked in the late 1300s.

I <3 Rydia

1272 Reviews

Reviews: 1272
Thu Mar 12, 2009 6:10 pm
Rosendorn says...

Hiya hiya!

Methinks I have seen you around the forums! I remember a usename like that in What Does This Username Make You Think Of?

So, to add a bit more to the whole "review" concept: a review must be at least three lines long. Viper pointed out why that's a good thing. ;) (I sound like Martha Stewart...)

Another little reminder is to rate your works. Have you noticed how many works are listed on the front page of YWS? Well, those works are rated G to PG-13. That's the whole point to rating works! It'll show up on the front page. :D The only ones that don't show up (besides unrated works) are works rated R. They have the f-word and/or graphic scenes.

There is no such thing as a boring person! ^_^ Somebody with a username like Evacuation London must have some grain of excitement to them. ;)

If you have any questions, feel free to PM me.

~Rosey
A writer is a world trapped in a person— Victor Hugo

Ink is blood. Paper is bandages. The wounded press books to their heart to know they're not alone.

7 Reviews

Reviews: 7
Thu Mar 12, 2009 10:08 pm
Windy Silvermist says...

Geez everyone likes you better than me apparently. Though its probely because I'm half insane or something like that. Wow your a novice like me Yay Though I'm sure your just a novice because you haven't started writing yet I however am a novice because I wrote crappy poem number one. It injured my self esteem so I don't think I'll be trying poetry any time soon. ( Because even though I dissed myself I thought it was a really good poem! I mean the second half was too long but really I liked it.) Anyway sorry about the ranting and complaining, It just hurt my esteem a bit. I mean the remarks were really nice I just get my feelings hurt easy peasy lemon squeezy. Sorry, sorry, sorry I'm ranting again. This about you! Not my self esteem. Anyway now that I've threw my sob story at you looking for comfort and half disgusting you ,welcome YWS yay!! Everbody beat me here first in the explaining thing. Anyway if you need someone to talk to I'm here pretty much 24/7 ( except for those four hours of sleep) plus I'm a really talkitive person. ( I don't know how you could tell). So hope we get to be friends. Shoot for the Milky Way! ( and bring oreos)

-Windy
“The truth is, of course, that what one regards as interruptions are precisely one's life.”

"You must ask for God's help. ... After each failure, ask forgiveness, pick yourself up, and try again."
-C.S. Lewis

127 Reviews

Reviews: 127
Sat Mar 14, 2009 1:59 am
Incognito says...

Hello Evacuating London. You have a name that is slightly like mine! Well not quite. Well both ours make aboslutely no sense! Mind if I call you London? It is easier to remember.

Well, I am Incognito Temptation, or simply put Incognito, or if you really want to get short with it Inc.

Don't worry. Everybody is insanely boring at least a little bit, and also I was actually entertained by your beginning. Compared to some of the other ones I have read, that was pretty fantastic. Trust me, I have read a lot, which for reasoning I will soon explain to you.

It seems they have told you the rules so I will tell you so kindly about the coloured names.

Blue --> The Greeters. These people welcome the new joiners and make sure they understand the rules of the majestic YWS world. These people scour through the welcome forums, and I am an example of one of these people.

Purple --> The Instructors. These people are masters of the writing arts. They give you indepth critiques on your stories and are very helpful for tips. They will glad to help if you are in need of a review. These guys just basically help you become a better writer. For example; erm... who is purple... Demeter.

Light Green and Dark Green --> Junior Moderators and Moderators. The Junior Moderators help make sure people follow the rules. They usually are assigned a forum I believe. They a pretty much in training to become the bigger and better deal. The Moderators. The Moderators scour through posts and posts every day to make sure that people follow the rules and they will give out warnings if you are doing something wrong. A Junior Mod I know, I think is Sumi A. Inkblot. A normal moderator I know is Big Brother, the person you have right away as a friend.

Red --> The Admins. These guys are the creators and the people who keep the site going and maitenanced. They put up upgrades and make sure YWS is what it is today. For example; there is Nate, the actual creator of the site.

Orange --> The Distinguished Members. These guys are usually distinguished for some important reason. They are usually retired Moderators. For example; there is Snoink and Via.

That's it. I will not bombard you with any more information.

Well, I hope you enjoy your time here and if you have any questions, I am glad to answer them. Just PM me if you want to talk or in need of anything. I am also interested in being your friend.

~Incognito
'Everyone is entitled to be stupid, some just abuse the priviledge.'

5 Reviews

Reviews: 5
Sun Mar 15, 2009 5:14 am
Evacuating London says...

Bonjour all you fabulous people! Thanks for all the great tips and your warm welcomes and all that jazz!

Now, some of you were wondering about my hobbies. Well let's see, I like making stuff in photoshop (I made my own icon), writing romance stories (although I have yet to post one yet), watching movies, and listening to music, specifically 80s music and pop-ish.
"there is a light somewhere.
it may not be much light but
it beats darkness."

Few things are harder to put up with than the annoyance of a good example.
— Mark Twain