Young Writers Society

Hi there :D

Random avatar

Reviews: 2
Thu Mar 12, 2009 1:19 am
View Likes
alexstrykr says...

I'm really not sure what to say here...
Hi, I suppose. I'm Alex, and I'm procrastinating. It's nice to meet you all.
I'd go into a lengthy description of myself, but, frankly, there's not much to tell. I write things. Okay things, but nothing worthy of reading. I'll be sitting here clicking the "refresh" button multiple times to see if anyone responds :)
But, otherwise, have a nice day!

1272 Reviews

Reviews: 1272
Thu Mar 12, 2009 1:26 am
Rosendorn says...

Hiya and welcome!

Don't worry, you'll get responses soon enough. ;)

So, three main rules on YWS:

1- Review two works before posting any of your own work. A "review" being about three lines long. This helps make sure everybody gets a review. The advantage of doing a longer review is, the more stuff you can point out, the better your own writing gets. ^_^

2- Chat-speak will drive some users up the wall. Please use proper spelling and capitalization, along with legible grammar. Abbreviations such as POV, brb, ftw, lol, MC and other term abbreviations are find though. :D

3- Rated works are what we like to see! If you rate your work (and it's not rated R) then it will show up on the front page of YWS for all to see! :D You might even get more comments. Rated R works have the f-word and/or graphic scenes.

Those are the three biggie rules here. Follow them and you will be liked. ^_^

Procrastinating what?

What are your favourite genres?

If you have any questions, PM me.

~Rosey
A writer is a world trapped in a person— Victor Hugo

Ink is blood. Paper is bandages. The wounded press books to their heart to know they're not alone.

122 Reviews

Reviews: 122
Thu Mar 12, 2009 12:05 pm
WaterVyper says...

Yeah, more people will enter eventually. Until then, welcome to YWS!
Ssh, I'm procrastinating too.

Rosey has gotten the rules down, so I guess I can do the colors! Admittedly, I'm not that good at Arts and Crafts, but I know my YWS rainbow, at the very least.

Blue: We are Greeters, and our job is to welcome new members to the site. We can answer any questions you have, and yeah, make you feel welcome.
Purple: Instructors, who you want to go to for in-depth critiques.
Light Green/Dark Green: Moderators and Junior Moderators, who have modding powers.
Red: Administrators, who keep the site up and running.
Orange: Distinguished members of the site, who are retired mods.

Unfortunately, I don't have a good mnemonic. BPLGDGRO isn't exactly easy to remember, but there's a handy guide down at the bottom of the page.

Well, great to meet you, Alex! I know four people named Alex already, all of them female. Haven't met any male Alexes yet. *shrug* Well, great to know more about you. Feel free to PM me for anything you need. See ya!
There once was a cat.
He wasn’t particularly fat.
Fuzzy was his favorite mat.
And really, that was that.

Oh, but did you really think so?
Keep reading, it’s just the start of the show!
And as for how far this tale will go…
Well, even the cat doesn’t know.

78 Reviews

Reviews: 78
Thu Mar 12, 2009 1:58 pm
Theodorable says...

Okay, well since you got the basics I'll ask you some questions.

What's you favorite:
band?
book?
movie?
hobbie?
junk food?

I'll be waiting to see what you post. And if you need anything just PM me. I'll try to answer your questions as best I can. See ya around YWS!
Driver picks the music, shotgun shuts his cake hole. -Dean, Supernatural

7 Reviews

Reviews: 7
Thu Mar 12, 2009 4:27 pm
Windy Silvermist says...

Alex,

I'm not a greeter or anything I'm just here for fun ( notice lack of blue name thing. I know I'm just so smart.) Anyway I know the feeling of waiting for responses. I check everything I've ever posted every single day and a couple seconds later I'll check it again. In about a couple minutes I'll return to check if you responded. You'll probely get a friend request from me in a couple minutes as well. Watch out I'm rather loopy, and weird. ( same thing I know but I really wanted to say both) If we become friends please look at my really crappy poem, I just want someone else to review it. Thanks!!!!

-Windy
“The truth is, of course, that what one regards as interruptions are precisely one's life.”

"You must ask for God's help. ... After each failure, ask forgiveness, pick yourself up, and try again."
-C.S. Lewis

Random avatar

Reviews: 20
Thu Mar 12, 2009 5:07 pm
MySunshine says...

Hey Alex :D
Welcome to YWS! Hope you're enjoying it here so far ;)

Well, we'd still like to know more about you, though ^^
What are your hobbies? Your favorite books and movies? And what genre do you write?

Don't think like that :D I've had the experience that if you think your stories aren't good, there's only a slight chance other people will like it more than you do. So be cheerful! I bet they're not as bad as you say they are :D
How about you post it? Message me if you do, and I'll review it ;)
So will a lot of others here, and trust me, it'll help you a lot!

Feel free to PM me if you need help, alright?
Have fun ;)
MySunshine
♥And if you go, I wanna go with you. And if you die, I wanna die with you♥

fun fact i hear my evil twin once wrote a story about a hacker who used the name fyshi33k bc there are 33k-ish species of fish and she liked phishing so fyshi-33k made sense but then she got super embarrassed when someone forced her to explain
— VyperShadow