z

Young Writers Society

Hey. Haven't ever really joined a forum seriously before.

28 Reviews

Reviews: 28
Tue Mar 10, 2009 9:34 pm
Dark Sploosh says...

Hello everyone. I joined to meet other young people like me who like to dreamweave, see what people my age are capable of, make friends, and have intelligent conversations. I hope I can get along with everyone.
“The most powerful weapon on earth is the human soul on fire.”
– Marshal Ferdinand Foch

47 Reviews

Reviews: 47
Tue Mar 10, 2009 9:57 pm
Shauni says...

Hi there! Welcome to the YWS!! Hope that your YWS dreams come true!

Now, some rules, the basics:

1. We have a 2/1 rule which means that for every post you make (when you post YOUR WORK) you should have, at least, two reviews. Got it?

2. Forget the chat speak, capitalize the words and always make proper, correct and wise posts. We are all writers here.

These are the most important rules. Very easy to get, right?

You may notice that some peple have coloured names, that's because they have jobs:

Blues: The greetrs, they welcome you and help you star with YWS. they will review your first works and make away for you.

Purples. The instructors; they help you with your work. The review it and they will always be by you side and follow your writing evolution.

Light green: Junir Moderators. They are responsable for a certain forum like : poetry, romance fiction and so on...

Dark green: The moderators. They boss and take care of us!! :P

Orange: Distinguish members. Distinguised by something or just old moderators.

Red: The admistrators.

All done! I really hope you have fun here. We are all very friendly and we usually don't bite ;)!

Just some questions: Whih are your favourite books /authors? Do you have a special movie that marked you? What do you expect of YWS? We are like old people, love to ask things....

Anything just PM me and I will answer as soon as possible!

~Shauni

1272 Reviews

Reviews: 1272
Tue Mar 10, 2009 10:12 pm
Rosendorn says...

Hiya and welcome!

Some things Shauni didn't cover:

A review must be at least three lines long. Else, it won't be counted as a review. ;) This encourages people to post more then "this was awesome, keep it up." The benefit is, the more you can pick out (even if it's just listing what you like) the better your own writing gets. ^_^

Rated works are what YWSers like to see! If it's rated (and not rated R) then it'll show up on the front page of YWS. Who knows, you might get more comments. :D Rated R works have the f-word and/or graphic scenes.

I like your term for writing. ^_^ As for what you want out of YWS, you'll get that here for sure! Intelligent conversation is what we have ample supply of, but it's also mixed with a heavy dose of randomness. :P Lots of fun to be had here!

If you have any questions, feel free to PM me! I just love answering questions. :D

~Rosey
A writer is a world trapped in a person— Victor Hugo

Ink is blood. Paper is bandages. The wounded press books to their heart to know they're not alone.

146 Reviews

Reviews: 146
Wed Mar 11, 2009 1:02 am
SeleneForeverDream says...

Hey Dark Sploosh (nice name, by the way ;)), welcome to YWS!

So I see that Rosey and Shauni have already told you about the rules, so I'll just give you a quick run-down of YWS, because I know it seems a bit daunting to newcomers

~ Based on your interests, you can join one of the many groups in the Group Section. We have everything from a Debate Group to helping you write and develop skills, like Double Trouble Writing Huddle. It's all lots of fun! :D

~ Put thought into each post. This goes for reviews, as well, like Rosey said. No few sentence posts with a bunch of grammar, punctuation and spelling errors. It really annoys some of the people on the site.

~ If you'd like an intelligent conversation, we have chats that are sometimes open on the home page.

If you need any help with anything, just want to chat or would like a review, feel free to PM me. :)
Got YWS?

You judge others upon their actions, but you judge yourself by your intention.

122 Reviews

Reviews: 122
Wed Mar 11, 2009 2:21 pm
WaterVyper says...

Hey Dark Sploosh! Like Selene said, nice name. It's cute. Welcome to our wonderful realm of YWS!

I don't have much to add, since practically everything was covered already. Well, I want to say that you can PM me for anything you like. I'll take review requests, questions, and frienship. That reminds me.

If you ever need a review, you can drop by the Will Review For Food forums, found in the Community Forums. It's asubforum under the Lounge, and you can request reviews from anyone who has a thread, unless they're saying that they're closed or full. Most people don't charge anything for reviews, but some do have a price. They're usually not much, so it's worth checking if you really, desperately need reviews for something.

Well, good to meet you! I hope to see you around sometime. See ya!
There once was a cat.
He wasn’t particularly fat.
Fuzzy was his favorite mat.
And really, that was that.

Oh, but did you really think so?
Keep reading, it’s just the start of the show!
And as for how far this tale will go…
Well, even the cat doesn’t know.

8 Reviews

Reviews: 8
Fri Mar 13, 2009 12:26 am
How2EataRhesus says...

Hey Dark Sploosh, I'm Rhee. Welcome to YWS!
We are honored to be your first forum. :]
Making friends will definitely be the easiest goal to reach here. We have a ton of diverse writers from all over the world (Have you seen the stats page in the Lounge?). However, if you want to avoid conversation that is not intelligent, be sure to stay away from the Twilight parodies in the Scripts section. :D Just a suggestion.
We hope you enjoy your stay at YWS. The room service menu is beside the telephone. :]
'Nobody has ever measured, not even poets, how much the heart can hold.' - Zelda Sayre Fitzgerald

268 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 268
Fri Mar 13, 2009 7:19 pm
Adnamarine says...

Hihi!

I'd never seriously joined a writer's community when I came here either. But take it from me, now that you're here you won't ever want to leave. Can you say addicting? Not to mention brilliant, fun, helpful, wonderful... just amazing. I've made really close friends here and improved so much as a writer, and I know you will too. :)

I know the main rules were covered, but there's a really helpful FAQ here in the Welcome Forum. You could also check out the 'Rules and Guidelines' found under the Help & Support tab, top of any page.

I really hope you stick around. It's always awesome to have new writers here. If you have any questions about anything at all, don't hesitate to PM me. :) It might take a while for you to discover everything this place has going on, but it'll be fun finding out, I promise.

If you need anything, like I said, OR if you want a review (!), let me know. :)

And welcome aboard.

-Adna
"Half the time the poem writes me." ~Meshugenah

Random avatar

Reviews: 20
Fri Mar 13, 2009 11:12 pm
MySunshine says...

Welcome to YWS, Dark Sploosh :D
Hope you're enjoying it here so far ^^

As the rules have already been mentioned, I guess that leaves me with asking questions ...
what are your hobbies besides writing? What's your genre? Favorite books and movies?

Feel free to ask for help if you need any ;)
MySunshine
♥And if you go, I wanna go with you. And if you die, I wanna die with you♥

28 Reviews

Reviews: 28
Sat Mar 14, 2009 3:22 am
Dark Sploosh says...

Well, you can learn a lot about me from my profile, but specifically:

My other hobbies include video games and anime, and talking about human sexuality with other people.

My genre fluctuates between psychological/supernatural thriller to psychological drama/romance. Which is my way of saying the two books I'm working on are of those two genres. As you can see, I love psychological...anything. Makes it feel deeper.

And my favorite books and movies are waaaay too big to list. I'll just have to ask you to check the profile on that one. Sorry...
“The most powerful weapon on earth is the human soul on fire.”
– Marshal Ferdinand Foch

2058 Reviews

Reviews: 2058
Sat Mar 14, 2009 3:28 am
Emerson says...

My, my human sexuality! How interesting. Your genre of choice also sounds interesting. I'll have to keep on eye on you.

Anyway, hullo and howdeedo! Hope you enjoy the forum, seriously, for once. ^^
“It's necessary to have wished for death in order to know how good it is to live.”
― Alexandre Dumas, The Count of Monte Cristo

263 Reviews

Reviews: 263
Sat Mar 14, 2009 6:19 am
Angels-Symphony says...

Dark Sploosh wrote:Hello everyone. I joined to meet other young people like me who like to dreamweave, see what people my age are capable of, make friends, and have intelligent conversations. I hope I can get along with everyone.

Hey Dark Sploosh ^^ Shina here! Nice name by the way ;) It's really...interesting xD

Looks to me like YWS is the answer your calls. YWS members (most of us anyway) love dreamwaving, are capable of some awesome pieces of writing, are friendly, and have a fair share of intelligent (and random) conversational conversations. There are a few things you'll have to do in order to take advantage of the opportunities given here at YWS though:

Know the rules before you break them. This goes both ways, for writing and for YWS. On YWS you don't want to break a rule you didn't even know was a rule. If you're going to break a rule, at least accept the fact that it indeed was a rule. And this also goes for writing. Before you break the basic rules of writing like "show and not tell" and "always have all your chapters lead toward the plot", make sure you know how to use the rules and what they are.

Don't take reviews to heart. People get discouraged often because of other YWS member opinions. Don't take them to heart, instead, take their opinions as a way to improve yourself and your writing. No matter how good of a writer you are a may be, YWS will always somehow improve your writing if you give us the chance. Also, you don't have to change your writing unless you want to. Remember that the pen is in your hand.

Get yourself out there! If you want to improve your writing and get good reviews, you need to get accepted by the instructors, greeters, and the mods. Most of the time they know what they're doing. It's basically saying that if you want good reviews and advice, go for the members with colored titles *pokes blue title*.

That's all I have for now Dark Sploosh. PM if you need anything else ^^

~Shina
You cannot dream yourself into a character; you must hammer and forge yourself into one.

The writer, when he is also an artist, is someone who admits what others don't dare reveal.

they got that magical iridescence that you don't expect to be on a sky rat y'know
— Ari11