z

Young Writers Society

Utterly Confused

Random avatar

Reviews: 2
Tue Mar 10, 2009 2:11 am
Minimal says...

I should start off by explaining the title. I can assure you it paints a more vivid picture of me than a long narrative ever will.

My confusion stems from a dilemma presented to me as I prepared to coalesce an adequate first post. It dealt with the issue of where it belonged. Suffice it to say I debated myself for almost an hour on the issue of where to post this first entry. I was between the “Welcome” and “About the Authors” sub-segments. They both appealed to me. After long deliberation I chose the latter.

Now that you have seen the inner workings of my troubled soul, I will endeavor to present you with a cold, objective description on this charming, new addition to your community.

To start off, ignore the intro. It was just theatrics, albeit somewhat accurate (I am charming).

I enjoy to read and sometimes to write. I am eighteen and I am and undergrad in History. My two dreams are to publish as a fiction writer and to be a Professor of History or Philology. Well, those aren’t the only two dreams, just the more relevant ones. I also want to build a boat and sail the six warmest seas.

I love animals and my writing is done to a backdrop of Spanish music. I am a voracious reader of poetry, more so than prose. My favorite Poets are Dylan Thomas, Yeats, Byron, Shelley, Frost, Edgar Lee Masters and Pope. My favorite novelists and other prose writers are Hemingway, Melville, Thomas Wolfe, Dostoevsky, Hesse, Thoreau and Emerson.
There will always be a special place in my heart for Harry Potter. I possess an intense dislike for the Nobel Prize committee. I think I’m a phenomenal writer, but others tend to disagree. I guess you can say I’m just me. Also, I write everything I plan on posting on WORD before submitting it.

7 Reviews

Reviews: 7
Thu Mar 12, 2009 4:58 pm
Windy Silvermist says...

Hey Hey Hey Hey,

I wanted someone to talk to and I love reading about the authors ( Love knowing about peoples likes dislikes. I'm a rather stalkerish person, its weird but I like knowing about other people. I once partly to annoy my sister partly because I'm a creep watched little kids in a park through bincolars. Its actually interesting to me, I also like listening to peoples conversations. Anyway you can go and shun me but I'll keep writing anyway. ) You have a wonderful vocabulary, it stunted my little 7th grade mind. I barely understood a word you said in that first paragraph. Though my brain managed to dispher about 1/4 of what you where saying. Anyway besides creeping you out I just wanted to say hi and tell you to enjoy it here and wish you a very merry unbirthday ( unless case it is your birthday and I've stumbled upon a one in a million chance of being wrong.) Shoot for the Milky Way! ( and bring oreos)

-Windy
“The truth is, of course, that what one regards as interruptions are precisely one's life.”

"You must ask for God's help. ... After each failure, ask forgiveness, pick yourself up, and try again."
-C.S. Lewis

196 Reviews

Reviews: 196
Mon Mar 16, 2009 7:48 pm
peanutgallery007 says...

Wow, I'm in seventh grade too. I go on dictionary.com to find out what people are saying! Both of you sound great. I know from experience that you, Minimal, are exceptional at debating. It may just be me though, because my sense of judgement is off.
(By the way, your summary of yourself explains why you debated with ever- so- detailed examples on that history debate I started. History whiz!). I hope to see more authorship from you!
Have a peanut =)

Try your hand at my poetry contest!

Proud LGBT supporter.

Random avatar

Reviews: 2
Tue Mar 17, 2009 1:58 am
Minimal says...

Is it customary for people to reply to their own threads?

You are never as good a debator as when you are debating a person who knows less than you on a topic just as you are never as bad as when when you debate somebody who knows more than you on a topic. I pick and choose what I debate about depending on my strengths. I love history and one of my past-times is reading the microfilms of the New York Time of the 1820s at my University. I also enjoy ancient history, particularly in areas of philosophy and history. I know very little about current events with the exception of religion. I know quite a bit of science, particularly paleontology (which is ironic considering I am always debating the proponents of evolution in the debate forum) and as per the big words, I was kidding around. I prefer and economic style to an over-drawn one. But one of my favorite writers is Thomas Wolfe and his style is similar to Faulkner's.

If you steal property, you must report its fair market value...
— John Oliver