z

Young Writers Society

Hey All

Reviews: 0
Mon Mar 09, 2009 8:42 pm
girlnation says...

Hey all.
My name is Sisser and I'm new in here. People often asks me if Sisser is a nickname and what my real name is. Well, Sisser is my real name. :) It's not a common name in Denmark (my country). Actually, I'm the only one named it.

A bit about me.

I'm 17 years old and I'm a energetic and fresh lady.

I love writing and reading.
It's difficult to choose a favorite book. There is many. I like Harry Potter 5 - 7, the books by Tamora Pierce, a few by Dan Brown, but there is many many more. I think, I like all kind of books, but right now I read a lot of fantasy.

I love music as well. And my favorite band is a Danish one called D.A.D (Disneyland after dark). Somehow they just takes my breath away and makes my knees fell like gel.
I'm deeply in love with their lyrics. They are fantastic!

Just to mention:
Gently my eyelids close, I'd rather be good than clever
I'd rather have all facts wrong than no reply whatever..
I learned before I could speak with those "being patient eyes"
When God created my kind. But he forgot to tell me why
So gently my eyelids close..
- D.A.D - Home Alone 4

I guess, I'm a bit possessed.

I'm not taking an education at the moment. I think I got a bit tired of school, so I decided to take a year or two off. Thereby not saying that I'm not going to get my education. I would like to become a journalist and I know I will someday.

I got a job in a supermarket called Netto, where I'm dating the sales manager.

I must admit I'm not a very social girl. I would spend a Friday night with my boyfriend/family and a good movie, rather with some friends getting drunk.

I entered this site to meet other people with the same passion as me and to become a better writer.

Feel free to write at any time!

- Sisser

356 Reviews

Reviews: 356
Mon Mar 09, 2009 8:58 pm
*writewatiwant* says...

Hey Sisser! Welcome to YWS! You'll have great joy here.
I'm Kat. Nice to meet you :D

I'll give you the rules:

1. We try to keep a 2:1 ratio. That means that for every work of yours you post, you should do two reviews to somebody's else work. That way, everyone gets reviews.
2. Keep chat-speak and capitalizing to a minimal. At some point, people wont understand you.
3. Rate your work. rated pieces will appear on the home page. If your work has adult scenes (explicit language, or sex scenes) please rate it as R.

That's about it.
I'll see you around!
*Kat*
If you need anything just PM me ^^
Piglet: How do you spell love?
Pooh: You don't spell it. You feel it.

The Buddy System Check us out!

Random avatar

Reviews: 20
Mon Mar 09, 2009 9:04 pm
View Likes
MySunshine says...

Hello, fellow European :D
Welcome to YWS!

Do you pronounce Sisser in any special way or just how it's spelled?
Can you speak German? I tend to think that people living in Denmark know how to speak German - even just a little bit - because they're neighbors. Vice versa, too, of course. But I've never met a German who can also speak Danish ...

Anyways! What are your hobbies besides reading and writing? Favorite movies?
What kind of genre do your stories belong to?

PM me if you have any questions ;)
Have a fun time around here ^^
MySunshine
♥And if you go, I wanna go with you. And if you die, I wanna die with you♥

Mon Mar 09, 2009 9:31 pm
girlnation says...

Thanks for the nice welcome..

MySunshine:

You pronounce Sisser like scissor :)

Well, I speak a bit German. In Denmark we learn German in school, but it never was my favorite class, a bit of a shame actually; whenever I meet a German at work and they have a question, they always asks in German and believes that I understand, even though I might only understand a word. And when they finally realizes, that I don't have any clue on what they are talking about, they just tries again and again in German instead for trying in English or something like that :( .

In my spare time I watch a lot of series; heroes, charmed, wildfire, Alias, buffy, 2900 happiness (A danish one), Ally, and so on.

I also play a bit badminton with my boyfriend. In the summer I goes to a lot of concerts and festivals. As many as I can afford. I'm also one of those humans who spends a lot of time in front of the laptop.

When it comes to movies, I like a lot. Fantasy, romance, Science Fiction, comedies, horror movies, musicals and so on. The only movies I wont watch a black/white or other old movies. I don't like the most movies from the 70' and 80'. And I hate hate hate movies like American Pie and such. I think it's terrible!
My favorite movie at the moment is P.S. I love you. It's so sweet!

I write stories in many genres; Love, fantasy, crime and science fiction, just to mention a few.
I also loves writing poems.

1272 Reviews

Reviews: 1272
Mon Mar 09, 2009 9:40 pm
Rosendorn says...

Hiya and welcome!

You might notice some of us on the site have coloured names. The colours are:

Blue- Greeters. We make sure new members get a run-down of the rules. But, as you'll probably notice, lots of members do that. :D (And, yes, all of YWS is this welcoming. xD)

Purple- Instructors. They go through works posted with a fine-toothed comb and tell you how they think you can improve.

Light green- Jr. mods, or mods-in-training. What they do is go through some boards and help the mods out.

Green- Mods. They help keep everything on YWS running smoothly. Think of them like a watchful Big Brother. If you'll notice, that's what the mod group is called. ;)

Red- Admins. Nate is our beloved founder, while Meshugenah and Firestarter are his assistants.

Tamora Pierce is one of my favourite authors in history. Amazing how she's been in print for over 25 years, no? I just love her stuff! ^_^

If you have any questions, feel free to send me a PM.
A writer is a world trapped in a person— Victor Hugo

Ink is blood. Paper is bandages. The wounded press books to their heart to know they're not alone.

1274 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1274
Tue Mar 10, 2009 2:21 am
niteowl says...

Hi Sisser! That is a pretty sweet name. Welcome to YWS! Since you've already got a breakdown of the rules, I won't bother you with any more. Feel free to PM me if you have any questions!

Now, the fun part. Charlie?
CONGRATULATIONS SISSER! HEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEERE'S YOUR GIFT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
:D :) :( :o :shock: :? 8) :lol: :x :P :oops: :cry: :evil: :twisted: :roll: :wink: :!: :?: :idea: :arrow: :| :mrgreen: :elephant: :thud: :smt006 :smt007 :smt004 :smt026 :smt024 :smt016 :smt021 :smt020 :smt027 :smt031 :smt041 :smt059 :smt068 :smt072 :smt064 :smt077 :smt114 :smt084 :smt109 :smt101 :smt083 :smt116 :smt115 :pirate1: :ftw: :smt035
"You do ill if you praise, but worse if you censure, what you do not understand." Leonardo Da Vinci

<YWS><R1>

Random avatar

Reviews: 2
Tue Mar 10, 2009 12:42 pm
Siiham says...

Hello Sisser,
welcome to the yws, hope you find all what you're looking for here.
so, what about your writings, waiting to read them.
do you like poetry?
WELCOME AGAIN,
Siham

122 Reviews

Reviews: 122
Tue Mar 10, 2009 1:35 pm
WaterVyper says...

Hiya Sisser, and welcome to YWS! That's a cool name. You already know about the rules and colors, so there really isn't much else to say. Anyway, good to know more about you.

I haven't heard about Disneyland After Dark but I'll have to look out for them sometime. My friends always tell me that I have to be more open-minded when it comes to music, but oh well.

And you like Heroes? I think we have a usergroup for it somewhere around here. A usergroup is a group created by the members of YWS, and they can be found under the 'Groups' button. They are for people who share similar interests, and it's worth checking them out. It's a lot of fun when you have a group of people who like the same things that you do.

Anyway, glad to meet you Sisser. Feel free to PM me if you need anything, be they reviews, questions, or friendship. See ya around sometime!
There once was a cat.
He wasn’t particularly fat.
Fuzzy was his favorite mat.
And really, that was that.

Oh, but did you really think so?
Keep reading, it’s just the start of the show!
And as for how far this tale will go…
Well, even the cat doesn’t know.

Tue Mar 10, 2009 6:41 pm
girlnation says...

Siham: Yes, I love poetry. I think it's a great way to express feelings.

I never travel without my diary. One should always have something sensational to read in the train.
— Oscar Wilde, The Importance of Being Earnest