z

Young Writers Society

Hi. :)

9 Reviews

Reviews: 9
Mon Mar 09, 2009 10:17 am
lisalulu09 says...

Hi. :) I'm Lisa, and I've just joined YWS. I'm a novelist and songwriter (lyrics only at the moment), so I will post loads of lyrics and my current project, if you want to read them.

Lisa

58 Reviews

Reviews: 58
Mon Mar 09, 2009 10:40 am
LilyJamey says...

Hi, Lisa! I'm Lily. Welcome to YWS!

Most importantly: the rules. It's good if you've read them, but in case you haven't, here are the two, most basic ones.
1. The 2:1 ratio. For every work you post, you are required to review two works by others. It keeps things balanced and makes people more willing to review yours.
2. No chatspeak. Even in our chatroom, you cannot use chatspeak. We are writers, after all. Some abbreviations are okay, like POV, lol, and FTW. "Ur" and "2" for "to" is not allowed.

Now that that's out of the way...

We'd love to read lyrics - as you may have noticed, we have a whole forum on them. What genre of fiction do you write? If it's Romance or can be categorised as Other Fiction, I'd like to see it - after you've done your two reviews, of course.

So! Tell us about yourself! Hobbies? Favourite sports, food? Dish!

Hope to see you round the site! PM me for anything!

Cheers,
Lily.

PS: Sorry, Vyper.
Last edited by LilyJamey on Mon Mar 09, 2009 11:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
Got YWS?

122 Reviews

Reviews: 122
Mon Mar 09, 2009 10:41 am
WaterVyper says...

Hi Lisa and welcome to YWS! I'm sure you'll love it here, but first, I gotta explain the rules to you. Here on YWS, we have two main rules that we want you to follow.

1. Keep the 2:1 review ratio. That means that for every work that you intend to post, you review two works first. It makes sure everyone gets a review.

2. Use proper grammar, spelling, and caps at all times. That is part of our 'No chatspeak' rule. We're all writers here, aren't we?

And another unofficial rule, Have fun! Seriously. If you're not having fun, then you're doing it wrong. So, great to meet you! *tips nonexistent hat* But tell us more about yourself. What are your favorite things to read and write? Who are your favorite authors? As a songwriter, what inspires you? What are your intersts in movies and music? What about other hobbies? Other stuff.

Well, great to meet you! If you ever need anything - reviews, friendship, or questions- feel free to PM me for anything! See ya around, Lisa!

EDIT: Since Lily's beaten me to the rules, I guess I can do the colors. You might notice that some of us have differently colored usernames. Here's a handy guide to the rainbow people of YWS.

Blue: We're greeters, which means our job is to [s]brainwash you into worshipping us[/s] greet new members. What a surprise. We're here to answer any questions you might have about the site.

Purple: These are the instructors, who instruct. They're the people you go to if you need in-depth reviews, and they're good at their job. Most of them are quite harsh. If you want them to go easy on your piece, you can ask them. Most of them will comply.

Light green: These are Junior Moderators, who have moderating powers in specific forums.

Dark Green: They're regular Moderators, with powers in all forums.

Red: Administrators, who keep the site running. As of right now, I think we have three.

Orange: Retired Mods. They had to give up their power for some reason, and are now Distinguished Members of the site.

Well, there you go. Hope to see you around sometime!
There once was a cat.
He wasn’t particularly fat.
Fuzzy was his favorite mat.
And really, that was that.

Oh, but did you really think so?
Keep reading, it’s just the start of the show!
And as for how far this tale will go…
Well, even the cat doesn’t know.

9 Reviews

Reviews: 9
Mon Mar 09, 2009 11:14 am
lisalulu09 says...

Right. :)

My favourite things:

Colour: Purple

Food: Chocolate

Hobbies: Listening to music (a weird mixture of things, it all depends on my mood. :D), writing, surfing the 'net, watching films.

My favourite type of novels to write are teen ones, because they're my favourite type of books to read, but I will write whatever I want to write. My favourite authors are J.K.Rowling, Jacqueline Wilson and Stephanie Meyer.

I would describe my songwriting as pop with a punk-y edge - simple, poppy lyrics over the top of thumpy, loud tunes. Of course, because I haven't done any tunes yet, this is only a rough idea. My major influences are Elliot Minor, Kate Nash, Avril Lavigne, Scouting For Girls, Buzzcocks and The Beatles, so I think my musical style is a mixture of all of them. Ooh, I'd love to see your faces right now. :lol:

:smt020 Lisa :smt020

Listening to: 'Teenage Dirtbag' by Wheatus. :D

Random avatar

Reviews: 20
Mon Mar 09, 2009 11:22 am
MySunshine says...

Hey Lisa (my best friend's name is Lisa, too :D)
Welcome to YWS!
How are you liking it here so far?

Well, it seems like everything has already been asked and answered ... *looks for something else* How about favorite movie?

*sigh* Twilight again? Maybe it's because I was majorly addicted to Twilight a few weeks ago, but it seems like Twilight is stalking me now xD
Well, I still like it a lot, just not as much as I used to.

Yeah. So, I hope you have lots of fun here - feel free to ask if you need any help ;)
MySunshine
♥And if you go, I wanna go with you. And if you die, I wanna die with you♥

1272 Reviews

Reviews: 1272
Mon Mar 09, 2009 7:54 pm
Rosendorn says...

Hiya and welcome!

What else is there to cover? As you might have noticed, there is a big "Groups" button in the header. Click on it and you'll find a bunch of usergroups to join and have fun in!

Buzzcocks? Doesn't that have to do with improv? There's a show called Nevermind the Buzzcocks that does improv....

If you have any questions, PM me.
A writer is a world trapped in a person— Victor Hugo

Ink is blood. Paper is bandages. The wounded press books to their heart to know they're not alone.

By the sweat of your brow you will eat your food until you return to the ground, since from it you were taken; for dust you are and to dust you will return.
— Genesis 3:19