z

Young Writers Society

Hi I'm new Here

Reviews: 0
Sun Mar 08, 2009 11:42 pm
SAI01 says...

Hello I'm Sai I just joined todayand I hope by being here my writing skills will improve some i hopr

152 Reviews

Reviews: 152
Mon Mar 09, 2009 12:08 am
Musicaloo7311 says...

Hiya, Sai! *waves* I'm Music. It's nice to meet you!

Let me go over some rules.

1.) We have a ratio here. It's known as the 2:1 ratio. For every time you post a work of yours on the site, you must review two other pieces. This helps assure that everyone gets a review.

2.) No chat-speak. Here at YWS, we use proper grammar, spelling, capitalization, and punctuation. This means you may not say, "U rock" (per example) you have to say, "You rock." :)

PM me if you have any questions! I'd love to know what type of books you like, what you write (novels, poems, short stories, fan fictions), etc.

Nice to meet you and welcome to YWS! I think you'll like it here. :wink:

Love,
Music.
Click-ity click! Reviews here. :)
The Completely Evil Plan.

"You treat me badly; I love you madly."
Formerly known as music_lover_7311.

98 Reviews

Reviews: 98
Mon Mar 09, 2009 12:44 am
chasingcolts21 says...

Hello, I am Colt. I'm new here too, and I better start welcoming others if I want to be a Greeter soon. :P

Rules:
- Rate your work!
- If your piece is good for all ages, rate it G.
- If it's slightly inappropriate... Like, contains mild swearing, mild violence, rate it PG -13
- If it's really inappropriate, containing the F word, violence and all other stuff that kids shouldn't consume, rate it R.
- Works that are rated G/PG-13 will show up on the homepage. Works that are rated R will not.

People with Colored Names:
- The red colored people are the Admin/Junior Admins. They created this site, and help to make it run, so their names show up in red.
- Then, there's the green-apple colored people. These are moderators; they help to make sure everything in the site stays under control and take care of any problems that arise.
- There's the lime colored people. They only have to pay attention to certain forums.
- There's the orange colored people. These are retired moderators/admins. So, they get to hang out, be treated like royalty, and remember the days when they worked just as hard; they used to be regular moderator/admins.
- The instructors are purple. They review things for you as a job.
- Then they are the greeters. They welcome you to the site and help you find your way around.

Stars
- The more reviews you write, the more stars you get:

Yellow/Gold:
5 Reviews = 1 Star
25 Reviews = 2 Stars
75 Reviews = 3 Stars
150 Reviews = 4 Stars
250 Reviews = 5 Stars

Blue Stars:
350 Reviews = 1 Blue Star, 4 Gold Stars
450 Reviews = 2 Blue Stars, 3 Gold Stars
550 Reviews = 3 Blue Stars, 2 Gold Stars
650 Reviews = 4 blue stars, 1 Gold star
750 Reviews = 5 blue stars

Red Stars:
850 Reviews = 1 Red Star, 4 Blue Stars
950 Reviews = 2 Red Stars, 3 Blue Stars
1,050 Reviews = 3 Red stars, 2 Blue Stars
1,150 Reviews = 4 Red stars, 1 Blue star
1,250 Reviews = 5 Red stars

Ranks:
- And, there's also ranks! Ranks come with your post number and show up beneath your name:

New Member: 0-4 posts
Novice: 5-14 posts
Junior Writer: 15 - 49 posts
Writer: 50 - 99 posts
Senior Writer: 100 - 249 posts
Novelist: 250 - 499 posts
Speaker of the Forum: 500+ posts
Master of the Forum: 1,000 posts.

When you hit novelist, you can have your own custom title. A custom title is those bolded letters beneath your name. You can edit it as often as you wish.

PM with questions if you need help
-Colt
"We would accomplish many more things if we didn't think of them as impossible." Vince Lombardi

~You've just been ticketed by the Grammar Police! 1000 word essay fine.

122 Reviews

Reviews: 122
Mon Mar 09, 2009 1:02 am
WaterVyper says...

Hello Sai! I'm Vyper, or whatever you want to call me. Looks like all the rules and stuff are done, so welcome to YWS! Firstly, tell us more about yourself. What are your favorite books and authors? What do you like to write and in which genre? What are your interests in movies and music? What about other hobbies?

Speaking of hobbies and interests, I think you'll notice a bit button in the header. It's labelled 'Groups'. These Groups are made by YWS members for other people who share the same interests. For example, we have one for cartoons, one for teenagers, one for Harry Potter fans, one for Twilight fans, one for Anti-Twilight people, one for poets, and many more. You can check them out over there, see if there's one you like. If not, then you can start another one! But before that, be sure to check the rules first.

Well, great to meet you, Sai. Hope to see you around sometime. PM me if you need anything at all. Bye!
There once was a cat.
He wasn’t particularly fat.
Fuzzy was his favorite mat.
And really, that was that.

Oh, but did you really think so?
Keep reading, it’s just the start of the show!
And as for how far this tale will go…
Well, even the cat doesn’t know.

1272 Reviews

Reviews: 1272
Mon Mar 09, 2009 1:06 am
Rosendorn says...

Hiya and welcome!

So, chasingcolts covered a lot there. Something else you might want to know is what happens when you click the big "Groups" button in the header. Here on YWS we have several usergroups for you to have fun with. You'll find them on just about every topic, so have fun! :D

Questions? PM me.
A writer is a world trapped in a person— Victor Hugo

Ink is blood. Paper is bandages. The wounded press books to their heart to know they're not alone.

1274 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1274
Mon Mar 09, 2009 5:24 am
niteowl says...

Hi and welcome! You've already gotten quite an info-dump, so I'll just cut straight to the fun part. Charlie?

HI SAI! HEY THAT RHYMES! ANYWAY, HEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEERE'S YOUR GIFT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
:D :) :( :o :shock: :? 8) :lol: :x :P :oops: :cry: :evil: :twisted: :roll: :wink: :!: :?: :idea: :arrow: :| :mrgreen: :elephant: :thud: :smt006 :smt007 :smt004 :smt026 :smt024 :smt016 :smt021 :smt020 :smt027 :smt031 :smt041 :smt059 :smt068 :smt072 :smt064 :smt077 :smt114 :smt084 :smt109 :smt101 :smt083 :smt116 :smt115 :pirate1: :ftw: :smt035
"You do ill if you praise, but worse if you censure, what you do not understand." Leonardo Da Vinci

<YWS><R1>

228 Reviews

Reviews: 228
Mon Mar 09, 2009 7:22 am
Meep(: says...

*pokes head in curiously*
Hey Sai!
Welcome to the fantastical (yes, this word exists. In my dictionary, that is.) YWS family where everyone gets their own free straightjacket! Brilliant, eh?

Ahh, it feels great to greet again.
Anyhoodledoodle, you've been given a comprehensive introduction to our ways,
So I'll not try to repeat it and induce lethargy.
On the top left hand corner of the webpage, should be an icon "Help & Support",
That's where you can find some questions to your answers.
It not, feel free to PM me, or any other coloured usernames.
Also, if you'd like someone to show you the ropes for the first month of your time here, feel free to request for a mentor in this page, or PM me and I'll help you out with that ;)

Standard question out of sheer curiosity:
Tell of more about yourself so that we can get better acquainted!
Any favourite books, authors, bands, songs or stuff in general?

~Have a nice day and drop me a PM whenever you feel like it! :D
Meep(:
~Liverpool F.C Supporter~
"You'll never walk alone"

Opportunity does not knock, it presents itself when you beat down the door.
— Kyle Chandler