z

Young Writers Society

Heyy

Random avatar

Reviews: 0
Sun Mar 08, 2009 6:04 pm
Dreamer Thy Name Is Coset says...

Hey everyone. My name's Sarah, and I'm new here.

My username is supposed to be "Dreamer Thy Name Is Cosette"... But it didn't fit.

I'm almost 15 years old, and I've loved writing since I was about 8 and could form correct sentences. Unlike several people on this site... I really don't want to be an author, poet, lyricist, playwright, or anything else that involves almost exclusively writing. I want to be in musical theatre, and after that career I want to be a drama or chorus teacher, and high school play director.

I plan on going to the American Musical and Dramatic Academy (AMDA) for college, and pair it with either NYU, UCLA, Oklahoma City University, or Frostburg.

My favorite thing I do at school (other than the obvious chorus and dramatic productions) is our Forensics team (aka Debate team). I do Dramatic Interp, which is where you read a 6-10 minute monologue or dialogue. I'm a consistent placer, usually second, but I've received two first places this "season".

Um... I'm a pretty awesome person. I love American football and softball a LOT. I love people, and I love animals. So if you get to know me, you won't regret it!

P.S. I'm never telling where I live. Get over it.

1272 Reviews

Reviews: 1272
Sun Mar 08, 2009 6:34 pm
Rosendorn says...

Hiya and welcome!

So, three main rules you should know on YWS:

1- Review two works before posting any of your own. This helps give everybody a review. Plus, people are a lot more willing to look at your stuff if you've looked at theirs. ;) It's asked you always keep that 2:1 ratio.

2- I know you won't have a problem with this, but no chat-speak. lol, brb and other phrase abbreviations are fine, just don't overdo it.

3- Please rate your works! Rated works (unless rated R) show up on the front page of YWS. You just might get more comments out of it. :D Rate R works have the f-word and/or graphic scenes.

Most people on the site have good grammar. ^_^ One of the things most members cannot stand is chat-speak. At the same time, we do type like we talk, so some wacky sentences are to be found.

Drama and debate? Fun stuff! If you look under the "groups" button in the header, you'll find a debate group. We're always looking for new members! :D

What's your favourite style of drama to preform?

If you have any questions, feel free to PM me.
A writer is a world trapped in a person— Victor Hugo

Ink is blood. Paper is bandages. The wounded press books to their heart to know they're not alone.

Random avatar

Reviews: 20
Sun Mar 08, 2009 10:04 pm
MySunshine says...

Hey Sarah :D
Welcome to YWS! Hope you're enjoying it here so far ^^

Well, just because we frequently hang out here and write doesn't mean you actually have to become a novelist, right? ;)
Sounds interesting what you do! I thought for a moment, this Forensics Team was like CSI and I was confused XD

My, you have your future planned real good! I wish I knew that well what I wanted to become later ...

Anyways, how about you tell us just a little more about yourself?
What are your hobbies besides drama and writing? Favorite books and movies?

Feel free to ask for help, alright?
Have tons of fun!
MySunshine
♥And if you go, I wanna go with you. And if you die, I wanna die with you♥

36 Reviews

Reviews: 36
Sun Mar 08, 2009 10:05 pm
deleted_5 says...

Hey Dream, welcome to YWS!!! You'll have lots of fun here. I guess Rosey Unicorn said most of the things needed, but to add one more thing:

You might have seen usernames with coloured names, like Rosey Unicorn. I'll let you in on what the colours mean.

Red = Admins
Orange = Distinguished Members
Green = Moderators
Light Green = Junior Moderators
Purple = Instructors
Cyan = Greeters

Once you've been here for a month, you can apply to be a greeter or an instructor if you want. But if you do, think about it very carefully. Don't do it just to look cool or to think you're special. You have to be dedicated and willing to do it.

So, I heard you like drama stuff. Well, lucky for you, we have a whole area in Writing that's dedicated to Playwriting. You can review and after you've reviewed twice, you can post a play you've written! Or there's tons of other things you can do!!

Also, if you like certain things, I would go onto Groups and see if there's one that you're interested in. You can register for multiple groups. I think you will have a blast there. I know I do!!

Well, I guess I've told you all you need to know!! If you have any more questions, feel free to PM, (Private Message) me!! I'd love to help!! See ya around!!

Lucy Pennykettle
I hate television. I hate it as much as I hate peanuts. But I can't stop eating peanuts. I also hate being on television, I hate it as much as people hate chocolate. But they always want chocolate.

228 Reviews

Reviews: 228
Mon Mar 09, 2009 7:47 am
Meep(: says...

Howdy!
Welcome to the magnificently epic YWS family. Where we are all......Epic.
*greets epically*

*hugs Sarah*
Oooh! Another debate/drama person!
I love debate & drama, but sadly, ever since I hit 13, I've become less confident and nervous. Darn,
Nice to see that you've got your future neatly mapped out! :D
Congrats on placing first, twice this "season". Let's go for thrice, eh? ;)

*thinks* American football isn't soccer, is it?
It's soccer that I like. Liverpool F.C!! :D
I don't play softball, though I've tried it.
But I'm awfully proud of my school, which ranks first in the Nationals for Softball in our age group.
They recently won the title again this year :D

Dreamer Thy Name Is Coset wrote:P.S. I'm never telling where I live. Get over it.

*quickly slams shut her little black book of People-To-Stalk*

Heh. :D
Anyhoo, feel free to PM me if you have any questions (Don't PM anyone else! I'm losing business! XD)
I'll be glad to help you out!
Have a nice day then! :D

~Meep(:
~Liverpool F.C Supporter~
"You'll never walk alone"

89 Reviews

Reviews: 89
Mon Mar 09, 2009 9:42 pm
mimimac says...

Hey!
I'm going to call you dreamer because it's short :)
Hallo dreamer *waves enthusiastically*
I'm sure you'll have loads of fun her on YWS, we're all amazingly awesome people (I would know :P)
Yeah, some of us may do grammar/sentence mistakes... but there are not many and they are here to learn to not do those mistakes :) On this site we try help each other improve our writing skills and I personally have definitely improved in the short time I've been here! Yeah i really like drama and love music theatre too!
Hope you enjoy your stay here :D
xxmimixx
(PM me if you need anything)
-mors aut honorabilis vita-

Forget the prince with a horse, I want a vampire with a volvo.

115 Reviews

Reviews: 115
Sat Mar 14, 2009 3:05 am
mhmmcolleenx0 says...

Okay, so everybody already said the rules so I don't have to. I just wanted to say welcome and I'm sure you'll have a lot of fun on the site. Review some other peoples work and post some of your own! I'd love to read it. Maybe even review it... Have Fun!
"Can't stop, won't stop. I must be dreaming."

"The day, which was one of the first of spring, cheered even me by the loveliness of its sunshine and the balminess of the air. I felt emotions of gentleness and pleasure, that had long appeared dead, revive within me. Half surprised by the novelty of these sensations, I allowed myself to be borne away by them, and forgetting my solitude and deformity, dared to be happy."
— Mary Shelley, Frankenstein