z

Young Writers Society

Lauren or George or perhaps The One Who Never Speaks

158 Reviews

Reviews: 158
Wed Mar 04, 2009 9:11 pm
Lauren says...

Yeah, so it's about time I wrote something like this. I guess. I won't bore you with a long autobiography, promise!

I was born in Canterbury in 1993, in a scummy hospital, to a family cobbled together. Mum, Dad, Mum's daughter Carmen and Dad's son Luc. I have always been a weird kid; although I like to think I have mellowed slightly in my weirdness over the years. For example, as a small kid I would spend hours standing over a doll pram, putting blanket over blanket over blanket over a doll and then taking them off again, only to put them on again. Some might say "OCD" but I hate self-diagnosing.

I'm a real book snob and am horribly disdainful of anything remotely "chick-lit". In fact, anything that hasn't been at least shortlisted for the Booker prize falls below my radar :wink: This does mean I'm constantly nabbing books from my parents' bookshelf.

I'm long-term in love with somebody I've known since primary school. It's quite ridiculous, actually, but then it gives me something to go to school for.

On and off since about the age of eleven I have been bullied. But I believe I am a stronger, more principled person for it... if a little boring! As a young girl I bullied this boy, and since I have been in his shoes, I have tried to atone for this, such as by helping out the children in the years below me at school.

Mr Rochester is my lover, in a bookish kind of way. :lol: I cannot be apart from him too long. But I have many bookish affairs, with Gaskell's Mr Thorton, Austen's Captain Wentworth, for example.

To travel is my passion and thus I want to up sticks and leave this claustrophobic Kentish town ASAP. I plan to volunteer in another continent, probably Asia, for a year before I head to university. I'm planning on doing this with someone from school. because I'm too much of a scaredy-cat to do it alone.

Well, there you go!

Lauren 8)

75 Reviews

Reviews: 75
Thu Mar 05, 2009 3:01 am
tori1234 says...

we are on the same page with that "long term love" thing. I have loved this guy ever since I can remember! (My memory goes back as far as preschool)

And I have a lot of "book lovers" my main one's are Jacob from Twilight, Fred and George from Harry Potter, and Micheal Hosea form Redeeming Love (a MUST read!)

And I would love to travel, too! I have been out of my country only once, to go to Honduras. And let me tell you, I am in love with Honduras! I'm planning to go back one day! I'd also like to go to England, France, Scotland, Germany, and a lot of other places!
Nants ingonyama bagithi Baba
Sithi uhm ingonyama
Nants ingonyama bagithi baba
Sithi uhhmm ingonyama
Ingonyama
Siyo Nqoba
Ingonyama
Ingonyama nengw' enamabala

If you know what this is from, become my best friend. =)

273 Reviews

Reviews: 273
Thu Mar 05, 2009 3:02 pm
Lost_in_dreamland says...

Aw, Lauren you're awesome 8)
and really pretty. :D
for what are we without words and stories?

878 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 878
Fri Mar 06, 2009 3:37 pm
View Likes
Demeter says...

Aww! I'm so sorry about the bullying :( Who on Earth is that stupid to do it? Well, you're better than them anyday.

And that long-term love thing sounds so sweet :) Good luck with that ;)
"Your jokes are scarier than your earrings." -Twit

"14. Pretend like you would want him even if he wasn't a prince. (Yeah, right.)" -How to Make a Guy Like You - Disney Princess Style

Got YWS?

History is the version of past events that people have decided to agree upon.
— Napoleon Bonaparte